Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Josh

in case from NOW to AMI all variation of rt.xlm works like a charm.also in case of Nest Trader. even i had not altered a single line of code in the vba part, but when it comes to ODIN all types of nakhra pops up.

even Fcharts works efficiently.

so i will try again on monday and revert to you
thanx for the cooperation

sr

N.B. - if we add the path of ODIN in trust Center of Excel Option like as we do with NOW/Nest Trader, will it be necessary or it will hamper the operation of ODIN-Arbitrage-Excel-AMI sequence? i have done that cardinal sin of adding ODIN in Trusted Center. am i right or i am utterly wrong
You can add the path in Trust Center. If Ami gives error, give snapshot of Ami and RT.xlsm. Do not forget to open RT.xlsm in separate instance of Excel.

sr114

Josh

ok buddy i will revert with snapshots of all process on monday. till then cross my fingers and hope for the best

Buddy, i have found a way out of this - put the cell reference in the formula part in RT#.xlm and then reference the arbitrage.xls file manually. the arbitrage cell content is coming in the rt3.xls file. have to look in the live market.

sr

Last edited:

sr114

Josh

buddy i quit to try to get data from Odin to Ami. its ridiculous that not a single time excel can fetch data from arbitrage excel sheet

i am contained to use NOW/Nest Trader to get my data

sr

josh1

Josh,

in rt.xlm the rates are changing but ami refuses to accept

sr
Josh

buddy i quit to try to get data from Odin to Ami. its ridiculous that not a single time excel can fetch data from arbitrage excel sheet

i am contained to use NOW/Nest Trader to get my data

sr
Dear SR,

Are you or were you working on a higher managerial post in a big organisation? You are not stating the problem in specific terms but you are giving me solutions.
The above two statements contradict each other. There are three stages for getting RT feed in Ami from ODIN.
1. Getting RT feed in Arbitrage.xls from ODIN.
2. Getting RT feed from Arbitrage.xls to RT31.xlsm
3. Getting RT feed from RT31.xlsm to Ami.

I cannot help you in any way if you do not give me the specific stage where you are getting stuck.
Realtime feed goes from ODIN to Ami with this utility. Sikandar has done it. So you can provided you do it methodically.

sr114

Dear SR,

Are you or were you working on a higher managerial post in a big organisation? You are not stating the problem in specific terms but you are giving me solutions.
The above two statements contradict each other. There are three stages for getting RT feed in Ami from ODIN.
1. Getting RT feed in Arbitrage.xls from ODIN.
2. Getting RT feed from Arbitrage.xls to RT31.xlsm
3. Getting RT feed from RT31.xlsm to Ami.

I cannot help you in any way if you do not give me the specific stage where you are getting stuck.
Realtime feed goes from ODIN to Ami with this utility. Sikandar has done it. So you can provided you do it methodically.
Josh

the main problem is that -
1.the linking of Arbitrage.xls and RT3.Xlm is ok when i manually put the formula "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!.B6" for Scrip name in Rt3.XLm and subsequently other fileld like LTP, LTQ, OI etc in RT3.xlm.
2.the fields i put is dynamically updated.
3. then i save both the arbitrage.xls and RT3.xlm files .upto this its ok
4. but next time when i start ODIN, Arbitrage.xls and RT3.xlm files, the RT3.xlm file is not reflecting the real quotes but on the contrary the saved quotes in Arbitrage.xls i.e., it is showing the previous quotes and not the present quotes.
5. at this stage i am struck.
6. so no question arises of pushing the rates from RT3.xlm-MyCSV.xls to Ami.

this is the broad procedure i followed and i failed

another thing - i cud not understand - how to delete the columns in arbitrage.xls file - in the saved one or in the live one.

also i was trying another utility - of Sudris - which also can fetch data from ODIN- but the autoconfig part in that utility can never create the database (actually the utility create the database itself) and no other messages - either of error or of confirmation is popping up. so where is the problem i cannot understand.

sr

Last edited:

josh1

Josh

the main problem is that -
1.the linking of Arbitrage.xls and RT3.Xlm is ok when i manually put the formula "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!.B6" for Scrip name in Rt3.XLm and subsequently other fileld like LTP, LTQ, OI etc in RT3.xlm.
2.the fields i put is dynamically updated.
3. then i save both the arbitrage.xls and RT3.xlm files .upto this its ok
If you start pushing data at this stage to Ami it will definitely work since your quotes are getting dynamically updated in RT3.xlsm. Save 1.Arbitrage.xls and 2.RT3.xlsm in that order. Do not change the path of Arbitrage.xls. Let it be wherever it was ceated by ODIN. Press "F2" in the LTP or scrip name field and see what formula Excel has written. (Excel will write full path of Arbitrage.xls)

4. but next time when i start ODIN, Arbitrage.xls and RT3.xlm files, the RT3.xlm file is not reflecting the real quotes but on the contrary the saved quotes in Arbitrage.xls i.e., it is showing the previous quotes and not the present quotes.
5. at this stage i am struck.
6. so no question arises of pushing the rates from RT3.xlm-MyCSV.xls to Ami.

this is the broad procedure i followed and i failed
sr
Apparently, next time you start Arbitrage.xls, it is not the same file that you had saved previously. Therefore, RT3.xlsm is still looking for the previous file for quotations. Are you opening Arbitrage.xls again from ODIN? Instead of that, open the previously saved file from Excel and see whether quotes get updated in that. If they do, open RT3.xlsm. Check that and let me know.

another thing - i cud not understand - how to delete the columns in arbitrage.xls file - in the saved one or in the live one.
sr
Actually, you need not delete any columns.

also i was trying another utility - of Sudris - which also can fetch data from ODIN- but the autoconfig part in that utility can never create the database (actually the utility create the database itself) and no other messages - either of error or of confirmation is popping up. so where is the problem i cannot understand.

sr
I cannot comment on his utility since the source code is closed. I developed my own since I wanted open source.

Last edited:

sr114

I cannot comment on his utility since the source code is closed. I developed my own since I wanted open source.
i just mentioned it as there also i faced theproblem, so.

yes i will do , give atry in the evening and revert back to you

regards
sr

Status
Not open for further replies.