Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

SR,

Prices in Arbitrage and RT3 are matching in the 1st and 2nd snapshot. In the third snapshot, prices have changed in Arbitrage but RT3 remains as it is. That is confusing me.
Is the Arbitrage file in 3rd snapshot same as the one in earlier two?
no, its newer one opened from ODIN, rt3 rates from the saved 1
In the third snapshot you are saying it is new Arbitrage. Is it live? There is a disconnect between that and RT3. Click on File-Save As in the new file and see the name. RT3 will not pick-up quotes from there even if there is a small difference in the name.

PS. Can I get a look at ODIN User Guide/Manual anywhere?
Josh
ODIN User Guide
http://91-33.com/traderji/misc/ODIN_DIET.chm

Better in ur spare time could u set it via team viewer. my odin supports commodity also so in ur convenient time, u cud do it. pls.
in that case i have to give u the access so just pm me

sr

Last edited:

krab

sir,

I am able to get RT data from NOW to excel but unable to get RT data from excel to Amibroker. My OS is windows 7 and i am unable to see any symbols in Amibroker.I have set the datapath for Amibroker and excel the same. please help me to get the data to amibroker.

josh1

sir,

I am able to get RT data from NOW to excel but unable to get RT data from excel to Amibroker. My OS is windows 7 and i am unable to see any symbols in Amibroker.I have set the datapath for Amibroker and excel the same. please help me to get the data to amibroker.
1. Give the correct name of excel file you are using.
2. Is AmiBroker opening or not?
3. What is your System date setting? It has to be dd/mm/yyyy

sir,

hi,

If you get RT data in excel, the utility will push it to ambi, to find out why you are not getting, check these.

when you click start RT is ambibroker opening automaticaly. If not then your macros may not be enabled, enable it. by the wa ,open rt3 file from excel withou double clicking.

ambibroker opens , any error mesage on incorrect file, if yes then patch incorrect.

check if RT folder is created in C drive, then in RT folder mycsv.csv and mcsv.txt files are present, if not your security setting is preventing. If present do they have data, qutoes.

another small check, RT3.xls or which ever excel file, row 2, column B should be yes.

still no luck revert back

sr114

DIET ODIN to EXCEL - Revision 1

Please note that ODIN ver 10.0.0.2 is minimum requirement. Versions before that do not have capability of Open to Excel.

The Procedure is as follows ->

1> Login to you diet odin and open the desired market watch
2> Right click in the market watch and select open in ms-excel.
3> Small box appears asking for select sheet. select sheet1
4> A file named Arbitrage.xls will open with all the scripts/futures/options and u will see the rates changing.this is your source we need to purify this as we don't need most of the data.

Now do as below-
5> We need TICKER (Scrip Name), LAST TRADED TIME, LAST TRADED PRICE, LAST TRADED QUANTITY. and OPEN INTEREST.

6> Use office 2007 or above. Open Excel by clicking Start-Programs-Microsoft Office-Excel2007

7> A blank workbook opens with name book1. Ignore it and Open RT3.xlsm or RTG3.xlsm from within Excel. Change the database path to Your\AMIBROKER Database\folder\Path

8>Select the Range below Column Headings up to Symbol and press delete to clear all the contents.

9> We want Trading Symbol, Last Trade Time, Last Traded Price, Last Traded Qty, Open interest in columns A, B, C, D, E respectively. Therefore,
In Cell A7 type "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!B6
In Cell B7 type "=TEXT(NOW(),"HH:mm:ss")
In Cell C7 type "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!L6
In Cell D7 type "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!K6
In Cell E7 type "=[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!V6

10> Copy the entire row in four rows below. (Let us restrict for five scrips for a start. You can add/modify later on). Check the format of the columns once. Column B should have Time format and columns C, D, E should have number format.

11>If you see the rates changing, you are done.

12> if u are not using Ramdisk, then use revised RT3.xlm ( it will be uploaded asap - today night after the closure of commodity market)
link http://www.4shared.com/file/_g7daVOz/RTG3.html

13> when all done, open ODIN, open Rt3.xlm from inside Arbitrage.xls and u r done. u will get the data in ami. 1st open the Sheet1 [Arbitrage.xls] from ODIN and then open RT3.xlm in the ODIN folder. RT3.xlm will be linked with arbitrage.xls and RT3.xlm will be active, that is it will show the live rate taken from ODIN.)

please feel free to contact for further assistance

Josh1 and Sr

Last edited:

josh1

hello fnd m also facing the same problem in my laptop... every thing is same but RT folder is not der ...wat i hve to do with security setting !!or do i hve 2 make a RT folder in C drive ???
Open Visual Basic in Developer Tab and go to Module1. Find these lines in subroutine MakeCSV().

'MkDir ("C:\RT") 'This will create a folder RT in C Drive.
FileName = "R:\MyCSVG.txt" 'This file is used to write quotes

change these to -

MkDir ("C:\RT") 'This will create a folder RT in C Drive. (Removed the single quote at the left to uncomment this line)
FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSVG.txt" 'This file is used to write quotes

Otherwise, If you do not know how to do that, download the file RT3.xlsm from here -

http://www.4shared.com/file/uJMUw9Q_/RT3.html

and the file RTG3.xlsm from here

http://www.4shared.com/file/P_vB5iw4/RTG3.html

I have incorporated the above changes. Inconvenience regretted.

Hi josh1

we are run copy backfill data not update amibroker kindly help me sir 08897710329:clap:
hi limbardi do go through previous thread of josh, common errors user makes, settings etc pertaing to backfill are given, still have problems then provide specific error , will help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.