Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

Josh

what u said is the standard procedure linking 2 excel sheet in OLE automation. but in this case its not happening - either i am making a mistake or something is missing

sr

josh1

Josh

what u said is the standard procedure linking 2 excel sheet in OLE automation. but in this case its not happening - either i am making a mistake or something is missing

sr
That is OLE but not OLE automation. Are you getting quotes in Arbitrage.xls and are they changing there? Tell me step by step.

Last edited:

sr114

That is OLE but not OLE automation. Are you getting quotes in Arbitrage.xls and are they changing there? Tell me step by step.
Josh

the part upto rt.xlm part is ok, we just have to copy from arbitrage.xls and paste the link in rt.xlm file. its ok, rates are changing

procedure i followed -
1. open arbitrage.xls and rt2_2.xlm
2. copy the relevant cells in arbitrage and paste the link in rt.xlm
3. getting the rates changing in rt.xlm
4. but ami says - wrong directory chosen

but now arises the question of pushing those data to ami. whenever i start in xls file, ami says u have chosen a wrong directory. i am struck here.

another thing - is arbitrage.xls to be opened all the time?

what to do?

sr

Last edited:

josh1

joshiji
pl write in laymans words how to get quotes in amibroker from tradetiger?through excell sheet.

ravi
And I was under impression that I have explained it in layman's words. :eek:

Ok. :cool: Read Post #12 on page 2 of this thread. I have given a link to Sharekhan's Trade Tiger site. Click on that and your browser will redirect you to that site.

They have given a nice video to explain how to execute "Snap to Excel" feature of TT. Do as per the video. TT will open Excel and show your Market watch in Excel. Once Excel opens, see whether rates are changing. (This can be done on Monday.) If they are not changing, you will have to contact Sharekhan. If they are changing, you are successful in first part.

Get a snapshot image of your screen. Load it on "imageshack.us" or any other url and give link here. We will take over from there.

Last edited:

josh1

Josh

the part upto rt.xlm part is ok, we just have to copy from arbitrage.xls and paste the link in rt.xlm file. its ok, rates are changing

procedure i followed -
1. open arbitrage.xls and rt2_2.xlm
2. copy the relevant cells in arbitrage and paste the link in rt.xlm
3. getting the rates changing in rt.xlm
4. but ami says - wrong directory chosen

but now arises the question of pushing those data to ami. whenever i start in xls file, ami says u have chosen a wrong directory. i am struck here.

another thing - is arbitrage.xls to be opened all the time?

what to do?

sr
Arbitrage.xls must be open all the time. Otherwise it will not be able to receive live quotes from ODIN and so with AMI.

Which file are you showing in this image? You have not mentioned. If it is Arbitrage.xls, give the image of RT2.xlsm. Tell me whether rates are changing in that.

Josh,

in rt.xlm the rates are changing but ami refuses to accept

sr
no problem , press ok in the error window of ambibroker , if still data is not being pushed, select the the relevant symbol from symbols menu and from theleft plane symbols double click, get to the chart and see, if data is refreshing.

If no luck still, check the data base setting, the path should be the same as the your data base path in the excel macro, is miss match change, this should work

josh1

Josh,

in rt.xlm the rates are changing but ami refuses to accept

sr
There are three places where we need correct path.
1. Your/AmiBroker/Database/Path. This is where you created your database. If that is wrong, Ami willrespond with incorrect directory error.

2. Look into the MakeCSV() subroutine in Module1 we create a text file of quotations appearing in Excel. Path is C:\RT\MyCSV.csv. If RT folder is not present under C:\, you will get error.

3. In Call AmiBroker() routine, we tell Ami to import from the same file. So path should be the same there.

Check and revert.

josh1

joshi sir
yes i have done up to snap to excell in sharekhan trade tiger and got an excell file with rates changing. All colums whatever in sharekhan market watch list of me are appearing and changing the rates. I think my first part of the exam is over.

Ravi
Ravi

Well done in first exam. :thumb:

Keep that Excel file open (assume the name of file is Ravi.xlsx). Do not make any changes to that file.

Open another instance of Excel from Start-Programs-MSOffice Menu. A blank workbook will open. ignore it and open RT31.xlsm from Exel file Menu. (Remember you will have to open always like this)

In RT31.xlsm, type "=" in cell A7 (without quotes) and move your mouse arrow at the bottom of the screen where you will see Ravi.xls in Windows taskbar. Click on it. Ravi.xls will open, select the required cell (Ticker) and press "Enter". Excel will bring you back to RT3.xlsm and show Ticker or Symbol in A7.

Bring Last Trade Time, Last Trade Price, Volume Traded Today, and Open Interest. in Cell B7, C7, D7 and E7 respectively in the same manner.

If TT is not giving Last Trade Time, type =Text(Now(),"HH:MM:SS") in B7.
If you see the quotes in all columns, just select range A7 to E7 and copy it below in say 10 rows.

If you see rates changing in all cells, you have become graduate. Save both Workbooks. Do not close them. Excel will take care of the syntax.

Give your database path in RT31.xlsm and press "Start" button.

You will have to always open your programs in this order strictly.
Trade Tiger - Ravi.xlsx - RT31.xlsm. All three should be open to get live feed to AmiBroker.

sr114

There are three places where we need correct path.
1. Your/AmiBroker/Database/Path. This is where you created your database. If that is wrong, Ami willrespond with incorrect directory error.

2. Look into the MakeCSV() subroutine in Module1 we create a text file of quotations appearing in Excel. Path is C:\RT\MyCSV.csv. If RT folder is not present under C:\, you will get error.

3. In Call AmiBroker() routine, we tell Ami to import from the same file. So path should be the same there.

Check and revert.
Josh

in case from NOW to AMI all variation of rt.xlm works like a charm.also in case of Nest Trader. even i had not altered a single line of code in the vba part, but when it comes to ODIN all types of nakhra pops up.

even Fcharts works efficiently.

so i will try again on monday and revert to you
thanx for the cooperation

sr

N.B. - if we add the path of ODIN in trust Center of Excel Option like as we do with NOW/Nest Trader, will it be necessary or it will hamper the operation of ODIN-Arbitrage-Excel-AMI sequence? i have done that cardinal sin of adding ODIN in Trusted Center. am i right or i am utterly wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.