Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

Josh1

which Ubuntu version do u think is fit to use? the latest 1 (Kubuntu 12.04 desktop) or the previous 1 (i think it is 11.xx Oncelot)

ur comments appreciated

regards
sr

lvgandhi

CPU supporting virtualisation (VT/x) is best, though Virtualbox runs efficiently on any CPU.

Linux requires 384 MB RAM, so therotically, 512 MB RAM should be sufficient for running Linux in Virtualbox. 1GB is recommended. If you have 2GB RAM in PC, You can easily run Linux in Virtualbox under Windows Host. Windows XP requires 256MB to run.
I have 2 GB ram in my xp PC. How do you recommend installing virtual box and debian on it?
I also have my laptop with win7 ultimate with 2gb ram. I will request guidelines for that also.

josh1

I have 2 GB ram in my xp PC. How do you recommend installing virtual box and debian on it?
I also have my laptop with win7 ultimate with 2gb ram. I will request guidelines for that also.
Download Virtualbox from Virtualbox.org. Download Extention pack also. Instructions for installation are given there. Install on your PC and also laptop
Download live CD of Debian.
Create two virtual drives. You need 40GB Disk place on your HDD
1. 10GB for Root "/" folder where system will reside and also swap area.
2. 30GB dynamic drive for /home folder. This enables backup of data.

Create Virtual machine as per instructions. You can give 718 MB as Memory. Enable VT/x if your CPU supports.

Attach the two drives. Also attach a CD drive but instead of your physical CDD, direct it to the live linux CD image.
Check the boot sequence to boot from CD. Boot the machine and install from CD image.

You can copy Virtual drives from PC to Laptop later on. Just install Virtualbox in laptop. They will run there also.

lvgandhi

Download Virtualbox from Virtualbox.org. Download Extention pack also. Instructions for installation are given there. Install on your PC and also laptop
Download live CD of Debian.
Create two virtual drives. You need 40GB Disk place on your HDD
1. 10GB for Root "/" folder where system will reside and also swap area.
2. 30GB dynamic drive for /home folder. This enables backup of data.

Create Virtual machine as per instructions. You can give 718 MB as Memory. Enable VT/x if your CPU supports.

Attach the two drives. Also attach a CD drive but instead of your physical CDD, direct it to the live linux CD image.
Check the boot sequence to boot from CD. Boot the machine and install from CD image.

You can copy Virtual drives from PC to Laptop later on. Just install Virtualbox in laptop. They will run there also.
I have installed Debian with multibooting. It occupies only 2Gb. Is it required 10GB for root alone in case of virtual drive.
Further I have two hard disks in my PC. Can I use the second hard disk for virtual drive.

josh1

I have installed Debian with multibooting. It occupies only 2Gb. Is it required 10GB for root alone in case of virtual drive.
Further I have two hard disks in my PC. Can I use the second hard disk for virtual drive.
If your version of Debian takes 2GB, you will need additional 1GB for swap and 1GB for application download. 4GB will be enough. In fact you can use the shared folder to run application. There will be slight speed decrease. In that case, you will not require much space for /home. 500MB will be enough. I had given you ideal specs.

You can use any drive for virtual drive. Virtualbox creates a file and uses it as virtual drive. That file can be copied as backup.

vssoma

dear josh,
is there any relation to fetching rtdata with Virtualbox. cause i skipped that one. is it must or optional.

and one more queiry is when i click on backfill button, error message is coming which you'll see below as screen shot. pls. give me solutions for this.

Last edited:

josh1

dear josh,
is there any relation to fetching rtdata with Virtualbox. cause i skipped that one. is it must or optional.

and one more queiry is when i click on backfill button, error message is coming which you'll see below as screen shot. pls. give me solutions for this.
There is no relation. Virtualbox may be used to get RTdata of Google to Qtstalker.

Just delete that highlighted line containing "End If". Backfill will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.