Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyen

Hello All was trying to see back data of nifty future with this system
I use Amibroker and there in indicator list i have

Stochastic %d parameter: period, %k Avg, % D avg

stochastic %k parameter : period , %k avg

Stochastic momentum parameter : Lookback ,smooth1 ,smooth2

These are 3 different indicators ..................

how to confugure as prides setting plz reply any one as wanted to do some home work in this week end

Regards
Satya

Saran,

Your post was probably run over....no intentional indifference...so cheer up...

You will get your answer here....

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/30182-how-trade-oscillator.html

Best wishes,

Smart_trade
Thanks a lot ST sir. I did regret after having commented it as indifference. But that was a quick reply and hence I could not edit it.

It was also my oversight that I haven't noticed that you have created a separate thread regarding this. A lot more to learn from this forum.

Cheers,
Saran

Rajadhiraj

Hello All was trying to see back data of nifty future with this system
I use Amibroker and there in indicator list i have

Stochastic %d parameter: period, %k Avg, % D avg

stochastic %k parameter : period , %k avg

Stochastic momentum parameter : Lookback ,smooth1 ,smooth2

These are 3 different indicators ..................

how to confugure as prides setting plz reply any one as wanted to do some home work in this week end

Regards
Satya
Hello Satyen

You are correct %K needs 2 parameter, Where as % D will need 3

Stochastic %d parameter: period = 8, %k Avg = 3, % D avg = 4

stochastic %k parameter : period = 8, %k avg = 3

Just select the above values and you are done.

SavantGarde

Guys,

As Mentioned Earlier, It Is An Excellent System, Use The Stoch As A Leading Indicator, Can Be Used For Entries For Quick Profits For A Little Braver NF Traders Who Want To Squeeze Out Some Extra Points...90% Of The Time It Should Work Well For Long Entries...One Doesn't Need Any Tweaking In This Regard...For Index Futures....Any Tweaking Of This Excellent System By Pride Should Be Limited To Only Stocks.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

humble

Hi Pride,

I am not sure whether you or anybody has already mentioned this, thought of sharing with all you guys.

After seeing ST Da's post on entires on the hourly chart [on the "How to trade Oscillators" thread], I was curious over the concept of extending Pride's method on the "hourly charts".

Difference would be:
1. Since we are looking at hourly charts no need for confirmation from the 30 min stoch :).
2. Crossover in the 5/13 EMA and 1 hr stoch crossover for entry and exits.
3. We don't close our positions daily, instead carry on until an EMA/Stoch crossover.
4. Gap up/downs wont be a problem, if we restrain from entering a trade after 3 PM.

The results are not as mind blowing as the Intraday, but close to 400-500 points for the last one month is decent enough. Especially for people who are not full time traders[like me] can consider this. We will have to check the charts once in 2 hours and carry on with our other work :).

I would like to know your thoughts on this. Maybe if people are willing we can have a separate thread on this so that we don't clutter this one.

Regards,
-Sri

Last edited:

ag_fx

Reliance back test results from 16th june

Nifty is KING !!!!!

Individual stocks too much work for too little moolah. but once a while one big trade comes !!!!

I saw the results bandlab and am of the opinion, it is pretty much same to Nifty. You have posted a net profit of 9400 over 10 days of trading. Considering intraday trades, close to 50,000 of capital will be required for playing with 100 shares. This is close to 20% return in the period.
For those traders who cant afford Nifty Futures, esp multiple lots, can definately start with cash segment. Also, booking partial profits will increase the return(I see you have mentioned this in your sheet) and thus is totally worth an effort for traders looking for cash segment oppurtunities.

please can this system work for betonmarket intraday trading?

What is beton market????

Hi Pride,

I am not sure whether you or anybody has already mentioned this, thought of sharing with all you guys.

After seeing ST Da's post on entires on the hourly chart [on the "How to trade Oscillators" thread], I was curious over the concept of extending Pride's method on the "hourly charts".

Difference would be:
1. Since we are looking at hourly charts no need for confirmation from the 30 min stoch :).
2. Crossover in the 5/13 EMA and 1 hr stoch crossover for entry and exits.
3. We don't close our positions daily, instead carry on until an EMA/Stoch crossover.
4. Gap up/downs wont be a problem, if we restrain from entering a trade after 3 PM.

The results are not as mind blowing as the Intraday, but close to 400-500 points for the last one month is decent enough. Especially for people who are not full time traders[like me] can consider this. We will have to check the charts once in 2 hours and carry on with our other work :).

I would like to know your thoughts on this. Maybe if people are willing we can have a separate thread on this so that we don't clutter this one.

Regards,
-Sri
Sri, a worthy idea, but that system will definately not be the Pride's system. The use of higher TF Stoch along with Lower Tf helps in keeping out of trading markets .
A different thread will not be a bad idea, to experiment and test the hourly trades. Do take a look at ST's thread: How to trade an oscillator. He has posted an hourly chart to explain and could be helpful in the new thread.

I am in for your suggestion.

Happy Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.