Pride's Intra-Day Strategy [Profit Everyday]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Stoch 30 its not the previous completed bar, but the current values.

Well, thats still my presumption, the values on the last bar of 30 mins TF might be 5-25 minutes old hence we should look at the current values for Stoch 30
Since stoch30 uses lookback of 8, current or previous bar considerations may not matter much :)

Pride, This is a great job. Thanks tremendously for sharing such a useful technique.

The method is so facinating that I would like to spend the entire time on markets and try this technique on diff scrips and contribute myself. Unfortunately I can't do that because of my job.

I tried this on RIL equity on Friday. My trades are as below:

Long at 1981 exit at 1983
Long at 1986 exit at 2003

Interestingly, these trades match with the timings of NIFTY trades 1 an 2 on FRIDAY.

Ankit, You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Thanks & Regards
Sesha

ag_fx

Interestingly, these trades match with the timings of NIFTY trades 1 an 2 on FRIDAY.

Thanks & Regards
Sesha
You will find that co-relation with RIl almost everyday. The reason is that RIL has a large weightage in calculation of Nifty.9 out of 10 times RIL will have same trades as that of Nifty and thats why I had suggested it to guys loooking for cash scrips to trade.

Do share with us ur exp with other scrips too.

Thanks

Happy Trading

.Pride.

Hello Pride and Rajadhiraj,

My presumption was that we look at 30 min stochastics @ the time of ema cross over on 5 min (closing basis), but it is not that way, we look only at the completed 30 min bar's stochastic only. Right ? if so coding is obvious.

Regards
For Stoch 30 its not the previous completed bar, but the current values.

Well, thats still my presumption, the values on the last bar of 30 mins TF might be 5-25 minutes old hence we should look at the current values for Stoch 30
Since stoch30 uses lookback of 8, current or previous bar considerations may not matter much :)
Are you serious or just kidding :confused:
I don't quite follow what exactly is being discussed here :confused:

What you are talking about is trading on the first 5 min bar. You see, a trade dat will be triggerred on the stoch crossover on the first 5 min candle is of a
concern. That is the 5 min stoch crossesover or ema crossover on the first 5 min candle itself.
For a 5 min ema crossover, we would need candles in same price zone as it closed yesterday.That is last 10-15 candles from yesterday's chart. And, if this case holds valid, there are remote chances of a stoch crossover on 30 min.
In a way, I dont think such a trade will arise. I may be wrong and only in live trading a conclusion can be drawn to it.

what u posted the other day was on tata steel I guess. The EMAs had crossed over in the previous day in that chart if I remem it correctly. That trade was anyways invalid.

Happy Trading
Hi Ankit...
Take a look at the following attachements Of KFA Cash

Attachments

ag_fx

Would you consider this trade soon after the market opened
No,
I wouldnt have. take a look at 5 min chart. Both Stoch and EMA are wide during the frst bar. This crossover took place because of gap down opening I guess. Not a valid price action move for me. I generally dont trade first 5 mins of market. It is too volatile and uncertain.

But, I would love to see Pride's view on this.

Happy Trading

No,
I wouldnt have. take a look at 5 min chart. Both Stoch and EMA are wide during the frst bar. This crossover took place because of gap down opening I guess. Not a valid price action move for me. I generally dont trade first 5 mins of market. It is too volatile and uncertain.

But, I would love to see Pride's view on this.

Happy Trading
I mean the first short trade... on 5 min chart ... I am just tring to clear my doubts.. not to make mistakes..
I guess not.. just because of the stoch.. sorry guys.. wrong question

Status
Not open for further replies.