NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

Hi Yusi

I am facing a problem from last 3-4 days. before that I did not face this problem.
whenever I backfill (plus backfill) for crudeoil even for same day sometimes this message comes and zerodha trader shuts down
this issue was there in 0.88 and now in 0.89 also

windows screen capture
Just to confirm from what you say:

1. This happens only when you Plus backfill crude, and not for other symbols
2. It has only been happening over the last 3-4 days.

From your screenshot, it seems the issue occurs after the backfill is complete i.e. the Close button becomes active again.

I am able to backfill crude without any issues. It does not matter whether you are backfilling one or multiple days -- the same amount of data is fetched irrespective. Also, the process of backfilling is the same, and not symbol specific.

My best guess is that it is something else. Can you think of any recent changes you have made to your machine that could affect this, in particular any changes to Nest or Nest Plus?

Just to confirm from what you say:

1. This happens only when you Plus backfill crude, and not for other symbols
2. It has only been happening over the last 3-4 days.

From your screenshot, it seems the issue occurs after the backfill is complete i.e. the Close button becomes active again.

I am able to backfill crude without any issues. It does not matter whether you are backfilling one or multiple days -- the same amount of data is fetched irrespective. Also, the process of backfilling is the same, and not symbol specific.

My best guess is that it is something else. Can you think of any recent changes you have made to your machine that could affect this, in particular any changes to Nest or Nest Plus?
Both points (1) and (2) are correct. I have not made changes to machine. I think I only changed the default order entry for Equity to MIS in ztrader

yusi

Hi Yusi,

Diwali wishes to you..
But the utility is not capturing the equity quotes today, although MCX is being captured

capture screen
Today is a special session, you will have to treat is special ;)

In Nest2Ami Settings, go to Markets. Select NFO and Edit. Change the market start / end time appropriately.

Remember, the special treatment also applies to backfills in the future. I would suggest getting all the backfill done for today and then reset market timings back to normal.

yusi

Improving backfill speed with Plus backfill

This is a note for those who backfill using Nest Plus on a regular basis so that it is faster (almost as fast as internal backfill). Recent changes in Zerodha Trader (and for other brokers as well) has resulted in the internal backfill using Vwap Statistics becoming slower and less reliable:

1. Zerodha has increased the number of days of data in ZT (see this post by reenumlk). For NSE/NFO, it used to be 1 day but is now about 5 days. For MCX, it is about 25 days depending on the symbol and is almost unusable. For a regular user, who typically needs current day backfill, the operation has become slower.

2. Currency data in Vwap Statistics window is 2 decimal places (thanks to those who brought it to attention, and confirmed it across brokers). In the NOW Hourly Statistics window, the data shows correctly to 4 decimals. The Nest Plus data is 4 decimal places.

3. Also, in NOW, the Hourly Statistics window data has other time alignment issues for NSE equity instruments.

To get a faster Plus backfill, go to the Plus Dashboard, and select Nest Starter Pack. Select Settings in the top-right of the panel and change number of days to 1 or 2. Also enable the local store of data. With this change, Plus backfill should be far faster if used for current day. You could also lower the Initial Delay, Check Interval to 4 / 2 seconds.

Where a larger number of days for Plus backfill is required, change settings back to the earlier ones.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
hi today when I started amibroker it said default database not found then I directed it to now2ami database. now it showing only 2 ticker banknifty, sbin and 3rd ticker nifty was missing. I checked now2ami database in "n" folder , NIFTY file (1850 kb) was there . then I have backfilled using nest plus. but the problem is in my database nifty was from may series so all past data gone.now the new NIFTY file in ami is 221 kb.
I have copied that 1850 KB nifty database file from ami in desktop , is it corrupted now , cause ami saying 0 bar/ no bar , when I am using this file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.