Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cubt

In psot # 114, yo mentioned out of total 4 lots - you exited 2 lots @6139.

For this exit - are you using other indicator or how did consider that you want to exit at this price now?

Please advise.

Thanks
Amruta

Cubt

Algo Trader
Amrutha,
No indicators, since the over all trend is up I thought of making use of the fall by exiting half position. So exited 2 lots when rsi came down to over sold zone. Thats all..

After the market crossed 6000, it is trading in tight range, where all gaps r filled, no stedy up move or down move. When there is a gap up, it comes down by eod. When gap down, it closes up by eod.

If we have just followed rsi indicator for exists, we would have made more profits

Cubt

Algo Trader
New Trade

Stop Loss trigerred- Reversed from Short.

Long @ 6184

GAP down has been filled today by trending higher at the eod, however once the gap is filled market started coming down again. I went long with 10 mins chart today, i should have waited for 12 mins signal. Market went down again :(

Cubt

Algo Trader
My Observation so far with Super Trend-

Things you Should follow if you want to trade using Super Trend.

• Follow what the system says, not what you assume.
  • Do not stop trading after consecutive loss. Just after you stop you may see a 100 to 200 points movement.
  • Do not mix up multiple time frames in single trade. If you have decided you use 10 Mins Time Frame, you should continue to follow the same. Do not change it to 30 mins or 1hr, if you are not satisfied with the result in 10 mins tf.
  • If you want to use it in Stocks, finalize the stocks you want to trade and trade with that stock only. Do not keep changing from one stock to another.

Most Important point is - Do not use your super intelligent theory with any system, if you want to follow a system just follow it blindly.

It is really very tough to follow any system blindly unless you have faith in it.

So start with just 1 lot and see if you can with stand 1000 points.

Either 1000 points loss or 1000 points gain. Either side movement, if you can withstand for 1000 points definitely you will excel in discipline and ultimately your business will start earning profits for you!

Good Luck:thumb::thumb:

msa5678

My Observation so far with Super Trend-

Things you Should follow if you want to trade using Super Trend.

So start with just 1 lot and see if you can with stand 1000 points.

Either 1000 points loss or 1000 points gain. Either side movement, if you can withstand for 1000 points definitely you will excel in discipline and ultimately your business will start earning profits for you!

Good Luck:thumb::thumb:

What is ur opinion if make it 500 points, Cause 1000 pts loss mean 50K loss. Even in the backtest also , I think continous loss never went beyond 500 points. :)

Cubt

Algo Trader
New Trade

Stop Loss trigerred- Reversed from Short.

Long @ 6184

GAP down has been filled today by trending higher at the eod, however once the gap is filled market started coming down again. I went long with 10 mins chart today, i should have waited for 12 mins signal. Market went down again :(
Big blunder with my Amibroker Intraday settings. In Database - Intraday settings I have mentioned start and end time as 9:30 and 16:00 instead of 09:15 and 15:30.

I have made this settings already but instead of using the correct database today, i mistakenly selected the wrong database and traded. Resulted to unnecessary trades and big loss

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

so as per Super Trend- the position that was shorted yesterday around 6215 is still on hold with Stop Loss as 6185.

msa5678

Big blunder with my Amibroker Intraday settings. In Database - Intraday settings I have mentioned start and end time as 9:30 and 16:00 instead of 09:15 and 15:30.

I have made this settings already but instead of using the correct database today, i mistakenly selected the wrong database and traded. Resulted to unnecessary trades and big loss

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

so as per Super Trend- the position that was shorted yesterday around 6215 is still on hold with Stop Loss as 6185.
And I was thinking the difference was because of my rt data when u posted long @ 6184. :)

Edit : Matter of fact , my system is still showing SL @ 6189.66 for the Short triggered @ 6194.9. Don't know why the diff. . :annoyed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.