Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding Trailing sl.

As i understood one will place the sl trigger order in the system.That means stop loss order will be placed immediately after original order gets triggered.

With this approach it will create a lot of whipsaws.
for example:- in 30 TF for 2013 the system gave 20 whipsaws. Note that total number of actual trades are 45. that means 45+20 trades in total.

over the period this will be a substantial loss.
slippages+brokerages+whipsaw... are few crucial points to note..

Cubt

Algo Trader
As per super trend, I never place stop loss order, as it always keeps moving and not fixed. If stop loss is say 6000, the candle needs to close below 6000. Only then we consider as stop loss hit, u should not consider as stop loss if it just touches 6000

msa5678

As per super trend, I never place stop loss order, as it always keeps moving and not fixed. If stop loss is say 6000, the candle needs to close below 6000. Only then we consider as stop loss hit, u should not consider as stop loss if it just touches 6000
Once I was carrying an open position in NF and was trading through NOW mobile. During the trading hours I had to attend a meeting with the top brass and couldn't refresh the NOW , when I checked after sometime, I had been logged out for being inactive for more than 15 mins. I tried to relogin and in my hurry entered those answers to the questions wrongly and my account was locked. Immediately sent mail to the broker for resetting of the PW. Their response was very fast. I don't know how they do it, I feel it is an automatic process. Anyway, when I tried to login with the new PW, was asked to reset the 5 questions again . Remember that all this is going on Mobile phone. Meanwhile the market was falling like nine pins. I was already 10 points away from where I was supposed to exit. Then I took a contra position by logging into another account, as the PW resetting was taking a lot of time. Eventually I lost around 20 pts because of the above.

It is advised to be careful when carrying an open position. :)

umeshmandal

Once I was carrying an open position in NF and was trading through NOW mobile. During the trading hours I had to attend a meeting with the top brass and couldn't refresh the NOW , when I checked after sometime, I had been logged out for being inactive for more than 15 mins. I tried to relogin and in my hurry entered those answers to the questions wrongly and my account was locked. Immediately sent mail to the broker for resetting of the PW. Their response was very fast. I don't know how they do it, I feel it is an automatic process. Anyway, when I tried to login with the new PW, was asked to reset the 5 questions again . Remember that all this is going on Mobile phone. Meanwhile the market was falling like nine pins. I was already 10 points away from where I was supposed to exit. Then I took a contra position by logging into another account, as the PW resetting was taking a lot of time. Eventually I lost around 20 pts because of the above.

It is advised to be careful when carrying an open position. :)
Never traded with mobile hence dont know, but dont we have "call and trade" as an alternative mode for trading"?

got it.. no order in the system... just manual observation .. or close above level alert...

Cubt

Algo Trader
29/10/2013

1st Trade

Short @ 6105

Stop Loss - 10 mins bar should close above 6145

Status
Not open for further replies.