Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil trader

Thanks
Dont book profit in gap up or gap downs... because after booking profit, again it may give another gap up or gap down... so you will miss good opportunity

Can you please clear this point...:confused:
While using the super trend, Same trend will continue for some days continuously.

For example,

Nifty buy signal comes at 6000 on friday evening

Nifty opens gap up at 6150 and stop loss moves at 6050 on monday

Nifty opens gap up at 6270 and stop loss moves at 6200 on tuesday

Nifty opens gap up at 6400 and stop loss moves at 6340 on wednesday

This is for example only.

So, same trend continues for three days. stop loss also not triggering.

In this scenerio, you can allow your profit to run . no need to book profit on monday.

Use the trailing stop loss given by super trend. that is enough. nothing else. dont take your own decision to book the profit.

The Name "SUPERTREND" Indicates to capture the full trend on high rally of the market.

Cubt

Algo Trader
thanks for your response :)
Currently i am using amibroker whare data backfill through tradetiger(sharekhan software) which is a little bit late...;)
Is it good to subscribe for NLC RTdata. I think its not so much costly.
There are 4 options like commodity, future and options...
Which one is use for nifty.

thanks
Futures n options

Cubt

Algo Trader
Guys, is anyone using josh utility or any other free tools for real time data with historical back fill?

Timepassji, I tried your strategy to change Intraday interval. It is not working. We have to necessarily choose the available TF only. please try yourself
It works. Tried it. Check the image below (the red box).

Edit : I am using 6 min regularly.

DSM

Thanks TP, I am using TradeTiger and used to use the default 1/3/5/10/15/30/60 minutes default timeframe. I HAD tried to change and customize the timeframe, but then the 'calendar' would come up. So seeing your post, I just changed the preferred timeframe AND PRESSED ENTER - and it works. Had been trying to change by using save or clicking the open custom button, in which case, it doesn't. Thanks again.

It works. Tried it. Check the image below (the red box).

Edit : I am using 6 min regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.