Nifty Key levels for day traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

Bhai... give some rest to your eyes... :) that's what these operators want us to do today..... No position is the best position today.... err.. I mean Trade Position :p
I'm a trader... have to trade...

sold 5000 call and 4800 put for 30 points
sold 4900 call and 4900 put for 90 points

Not trading NF... but i can take advantage of the lack of direction...

linkon7

Hey linkon is this trade for intrady only or you will carry forward you positon
This i plan to carry...
if i get a good alternative..i'll shoft positions also...

objective is to lower cost...

AW10

I'm a trader... have to trade...

sold 5000 call and 4800 put for 30 points
sold 4900 call and 4900 put for 90 points
Not trading NF... but i can take advantage of the lack of direction...
Linkon, in my view, this 4900 straddle is risky.
it just need 2% move on nifty to hit back at you. And almost 67% on the days, nifty has moved 2% or more.

And specially sitting near one of the most volatile time, IMO, this is going to give u roller coaster ride.

With nifty being at 4855, the Intrisic val of this strddle is 45.. that means this straddle has only 45 rs of time value for remaining 3 days. I would rather buy this straddle and catch the people who trade against the odds. With buy, I will have 67% odds in my favour. ( I am generally straddle seller but near the expiry, the game changes and odds start coming in favour of buyer).
Take another day and if this ATM straddle is available at 75 Rs. i.e. 1.5% of nifty, the odds of 1.5 % or larger move go up to almost 83%.

That is my view of looking at it, hope this helps u in selecting the strategy.

Happy Trading

linkon7

Linkon, in my view, this 4900 straddle is risky.
it just need 2% move on nifty to hit back at you. And almost 67% on the days, nifty has moved 2% or more.

And specially sitting near one of the most volatile time, IMO, this is going to give u roller coaster ride.

With nifty being at 4855, the Intrisic val of this strddle is 45.. that means this straddle has only 45 rs of time value for remaining 3 days. I would rather buy this straddle and catch the people who trade against the odds. With buy, I will have 67% odds in my favour. ( I am generally straddle seller but near the expiry, the game changes and odds start coming in favour of buyer).
Take another day and if this ATM straddle is available at 75 Rs. i.e. 1.5% of nifty, the odds of 1.5 % or larger move go up to almost 83%.

That is my view of looking at it, hope this helps u in selecting the strategy.

Happy Trading

Thanks... Got rid of it with minor profit...Basically initiated that with the intention of converting it to covered call or covered put. The sell off was more than i expected and having a bias made me loose a good amount of profit...

Holding the 5000 call -4800 put... but looks like thats in danger now...
Have to work out a way from that tomorrow...

sumitdasjoshi

Well linkion i am doin gpaper trade in you option which you in traderji 2 days ago i find that in bith of option you are makin a profit will i am posting here that how you options are doing i think that you are still holding that position ok here is the result
22/02/2010
sold 4900ce at 43.65
sold 4900pe at 47.35
premium recieved= 91
end of the day =94.5 loss=-3.5 points
23/02/2010

total premium= 72.5
profit is 18.5

secand trade
22/02/2010
s 5000ce =13.8
s 4800 pe=16.00
total 29.80
eand of day 32.8 loss of =-3
23/02/2010
total pemium =16.4 profit of 13.4
right know i only paper trade in option i will touch option when i completly understand that.
One question how you find option stadel which you give profit in interaday.

linkon7

Well linkion i am doin gpaper trade in you option which you in traderji 2 days ago i find that in bith of option you are makin a profit will i am posting here that how you options are doing i think that you are still holding that position ok here is the result
22/02/2010
sold 4900ce at 43.65
sold 4900pe at 47.35
premium recieved= 91
end of the day =94.5 loss=-3.5 points
23/02/2010

total premium= 72.5
profit is 18.5

secand trade
22/02/2010
s 5000ce =13.8
s 4800 pe=16.00
total 29.80
eand of day 32.8 loss of =-3
23/02/2010
total pemium =16.4 profit of 13.4
right know i only paper trade in option i will touch option when i completly understand that.
One question how you find option stadel which you give profit in interaday.
I trade options and carry a fraction for the next day. like when i initiate a position, i do it with 20 lots. then at 4-5 points profit, i exit 10 or 15 lots and carry the rest 5 for the next day. logic is, if market opens against my position, I should be able to come out with small profit or small loss.

True option players like AW10 are leagues ahead in their planning and execution. I dont have patience and i dont like carrying risk. I rather book a loss than carry a loser the next day. Good option players treat intraday movement as noise and plan for the whole week or month.

Status
Not open for further replies.