NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

HI...vinod

yesterday FII were net buyer in index worth 17rs.bn open interest redused by 3.17% what dose it suggest?
It means that, they have cover part of their short positions in index futures may be becuase of highly oversold market as they have bought futures and open interest is also reduced. but that does not mean that, they are now stop selling in equities. Usually it is happening that, after extremely oversold market, they cover some shorts and again start building shorts at some higher level once market recovers, if they wants to continue selling in equities.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 25,

Current position : LONG (at 5244 on 23/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 5005.25

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : -238.75 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +1094.25 (1333.00-238.75)

Support : 4831
Resistance : 5150

Hold LONG positions with SL 4831. If trades below 4831, exit LONG.

All new members visiting first time are requested to read all messages start from first one before going ahead.

No fresh position should be taken based on my support and resistances as range is very wide.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Last edited:
NIFTY FUTURE For January 25,

Current position : LONG (at 5244 on 23/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 5005.25

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : -238.75 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +1094.25 (1333.00-238.75)

Support : 4831
Resistance : 5150

Hold LONG positions with SL 5150. If trades below 4951, exit LONG.

All new members visiting first time are requested to read all messages start from first one before going ahead.

No fresh position should be taken based on my support and resistances as range is very wide.

Happy Trading.

Vinod
Dear Vinod,

Just go through your quote, it is confusing. When u went long at 5244 on 23.01.08, ur support was 4713, for 24.01.08 support is 4951 and for 25.01.08 support is 4831. U r telling to hold long positions with a stoploss of 5150 and at the same time u r telling to exit long at 4951. Again, it is confusing where u will go short at 4951, 5150 or 4831.

With Regards,
Mahendra.

marcus

nadodav your system is good but you have lost a large amount of your profits, you should consider the use of a trailing stop to lock in profits, once the trailing stop is hit exit and wait for the next signal. As Saint says money missed is better than money lost. It is sad to see you give back a large chunk of your profits after all the work and dedication you have put in.

nadodav

Dear Vinod,

Just go through your quote, it is confusing. When u went long at 5244 on 23.01.08, ur support was 4713, for 24.01.08 support is 4951 and for 25.01.08 support is 4831. U r telling to hold long positions with a stoploss of 5150 and at the same time u r telling to exit long at 4951. Again, it is confusing where u will go short at 4951, 5150 or 4831.

With Regards,
Mahendra.
Dear all,

I am sorry. it was mistake. i have corrected. I suppose to go short below 4831 but will not take position and will wait.

Vinod

Last edited:

nadodav

nadodav your system is good but you have lost a large amount of your profits, you should consider the use of a trailing stop to lock in profits, once the trailing stop is hit exit and wait for the next signal. As Saint says money missed is better than money lost. It is sad to see you give back a large chunk of your profits after all the work and dedication you have put in.
Dear Marcus,

In case of my system, i never expect to get full profits of any trade. i expect 50 to 70% gain of the trade. When i took long, i was prepared to loose 400 to 500 points. as far as locking of profit is concern, we can use nifty options instead of changing system whenever we have large amount of profit. If i use to exit position on trailing stop and wait for next signal than some time we miss early entry. so as a system, i want to take all the trades and whenever need arises, i can use options to hedge and lock profit.

Pl check msg no. 209 on page 21, in reply to your question, i have said - " we can buy Nifty ATM call right now to protect profit. " so if one had purchased ATM call at that time, i am sure all profit should have locked. but question remain is at which point you lock your profit ? because you never know how long the trade will last. Nobody have imagined that, this trade will go till around 1300 points M2M profit. so there are both the chances either you can lock profit or you can misses some gain of existing trade if market does not go in your favour.

Ultimetely it is perception, you may feel that we have lost large chunk of profit, while i feel that, i have gained 966 points in that trade which is largest profit making trade till date.

Vinod

Last edited:
Hi Vinod,

Yesterday i took the first trade in mini nifty as per your guidance i have taken long at 5025 with stoploss of 4951. If it breaks support level should i enter into short also.

Thanks in advance,
Pravin

nadodav

Hi Vinod,

Yesterday i took the first trade in mini nifty as per your guidance i have taken long at 5025 with stoploss of 4951. If it breaks support level should i enter into short also.

Thanks in advance,
Pravin
It was not right time to enter as i have said SL range is very high. you can hold your position with SL 4831 & exit if market goes below 4831. It seems that, you have not gone to all the messages and also looks that you are in hurry to get gain. If you want to follow the system than you have to keep patience and be prepared to take all the trades even if it makes losses.

Vinod

nadodav

Hello Vinod,

So is it ok to take some of the calls posted on the thread based on our comfort level. Or you want us to take us all the calls and do a continuos trading to be profitable?

Sachin
Dear Sachin,

How will you decides which trade to take or which not ? If you take selected calls than mostly you will be taking all loss making trades and will be missing out profitable ones. You have to take all the calls in order to be in profitable over longer period and can start with only one lot of MINIFTY.

Vinod

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.