NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMITBE said:
There are of course no guarantees in these times as to how much the markets can slip.
There is 2821 too, but how long one cannot say.
True Amit : there are no guarantees, but for a macro perspective and a possible estimate TA suggests the 'retracement' rules which talk of one third to half (retracement) from peak levels.

Using this arithmetic, Mr Robin of Blackheath Investments (if I recall the names correctly ) had stated during a long interview on NDTV Profit last week (when Nomura was touting their 7500 target) that in the worst case we could see a level of 8000-8500 on Sensex in the medium term. The assumptions he made were :
- that we are in a bear market
- that the rise from 3000 (start of the bull run) to 12000, i.e. 9000 points, could see a 3500 to 4500 points retracement. (See chart)

Of course the situation would be entirely different if we are in an intermediate downtrend instead of a bear market. In this scenario the retracement would be half of the rise from the previous intermediate low (made in late 2005). This was the arithmetic explained by Traderji a few weeks ago in response to a specific query about his target.

Big question therefore is : are we in a full fledged bear market or in an intermediate downtrend (care .. these terms must not be used/interpreted colloquially, but in TA jargon which most of us would be familiar with). For an answer to this big question, look up to HIM for guidance

(My own view is we are seeing an intermediate downtrend, which should last a few weeks more, unless crude threatens to touch $100 this winter ... hehe)

AGILENT:)

Last edited:
pkjha30 said:
Hi czar

I have noticed certain pattern of FII activities which does not lend it to easy explanation. As I am yet to put my fingers on that I am not sure about the FII intenstions. I tend to agree with rag_ash that redistribution phase is going on while keeping indices depressed together with sentiments.

That is the reason to use the word "May be" else it would have been "is"

More than 5-8 % correction would bring us to the levels we had around octoner 2005.There was lot of FII buying at that level. So are they going to give away all the gains that was made??

Till today FIIs selling has not even crossed 4 %. So rest of their investment is at stake. That they can not afford to pull out everything without the risk of loosing their shirts too in the process. That much is fairly clear to me. if they continue further buying ( remeber they were net buyers for two days while market is tanking) they risk further erosion.

I will further check bulk deal data where much of their buying /selling will be concentrated.

So Time may be running out. Target figure may not be far off. To put a figure now would be to anticipate market on factors not widely known. World indices are different matter.

Pankaj:)
Hi Pankaj,

From where can we get data about net buyers and how much FIIS have bought and when and how much stake thye still have in india.

Rgds

Rahul

pkjha30

rahulg77 said:
Hi Pankaj,

From where can we get data about net buyers and how much FIIS have bought and when and how much stake thye still have in india.

Rgds

Rahul
Hi Rahul

Most of the figures I get are from nse/sebi website. I am trying to find such details and will share it as soon as possible.

Pankaj:)

pkjha30

srisara said:
before that looks like the FII's will take us through the Naga Loka and then plains, then plateus and then the mountain :D

Satya
Remember satya Nagaloka is nether world. America is just below us soooo....

:D
Pankaj:).

AMITBE

For today Im going into history, recent history.
The quotes are self explanatory, and at times I may have highlighted a phrase here or a number there.

The Following is from December 20: There is more there worth reading. (http://www.traderji.com/28770-post675.html)

AMITBE said:
On to the numbers, there were a few pretty solid blind spots along the rise of the Nifty yesterday.
From 2810 it shot up into the 2830s in one go, with the area at 2813-2822-2833 completely ignored.
Some important numbers cannot easily be ignored and there is a good chance these would be revisited at some point to fill the gaps, if not today then soon enough.
Without testing the strength here, the onwards march would be pretty wooly at these already dizzy levels.
Wellthe action is back there now.

Further, the following is from December 16 (http://www.traderji.com/28530-post658.html):

AMITBE said:
To go back to discussing the next turning point for the nifty again, 2799 was being provisionally looked at as that level.
It was suggested if we don't move well away from it to the up, then we would fall behind it soon enough.
It hasn't been cleared firmly yet as twice the Nifty tentatively closed above it at 2812 and 2804. That we have fallen behind has come to pass.
So 2799 is certainly in the running.

The other level where some heated and intense activity has taken place is 2810. The tussle here was sharpest in the last two sessions though it has been in play for three.

Another level is 2822 which was mentioned on Dec 12:This level too was attempted last two sessions and yesterday the
high was 2821.50.

Yet another level is 2804 which too has seen some severe intraday conflict.

Going by the hard fought battles so far, 2799 and 2810 would still retain my focus.

Of the two, 2799 appears more poignant for the reason that any mark should have a certain leeway in both directions to create an arc or a curve of tension. Something like a circle and the center, as in the theory of centrifugal force.
And how long should then the radius be from that center point?
There must be an optimum length at which the force required to keep up the motion remains balanced.
At a certain point the arc would want to break loose from that center with force.
In this sense that center would be the turning point.
And that point still appears to be 2799.
Its still keeping the Nifty bounded in either direction.

Physicists and engineers in the forum, do please pardon me for taking liberties with your subject.
The centrifugal force theory been mentioned rather like a metaphor.
Partly the reason for this revisit is to underline what goes around comes around.

The other reason is to highlight some important areas of contention in the past...and how we are back there now.
Going ahead I'll try to write a short commentary on these historical posting and how these are important at this point.

Yesterday a crucial support area at 2854-2865 had held after testing support at 2821 area.

The world is very very red this morningso lets just wait to see how far things go today.
Dont fear.
This is as much a temporary and passing phase as were the recent peaks.

Traderji

Super Moderator
If the BSE SENSEX were to retrace 50% of its entire move from the June 2004 Lows to the recent high that level would be at 8580.00! A 38.2% retracement level of the same move would be at 9486.00

It would be best for investors to wait out the current correction and then enter long (on evidence of an uptrend) into the strongest stocks (stocks that have corrected the least) in the outperforming sectors.

AMITBE

Traderji said:
If the BSE SENSEX were to retrace 50% of its entire move from the June 2004 Lows to the recent high that level would be at 8580.00! A 38.2% retracement level of the same move would be at 9486.00

It would be best for investors to wait out the current correction and then enter long (on evidence of an uptrend) into the strongest stocks (stocks that have corrected the least) in the outperforming sectors.
Thanks Traderji for the update.

So to look at Nifty levels, 50% retracement is 2590-2600 area.
A 38.2 retracement is 2860 area. (This was yesterday's area of struggle)

At this point an important support is 2737-2697

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Thanks Traderji for the update.

So to look at Nifty levels, 50% retracement is 2590-2600 area.
A 38.2 retracement is 2860 area. (This was yesterday's area of struggle)

At this point an important support is 2737-2697

Just to fill out some levels between 2737-2697:

2737-2732-2727-2722-2717-2712-2707-2702-2697.

Status
Not open for further replies.