NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaideep said:
As I write this the exchanges have halted trading as Indices have hit lower 10% ckt brkrs.......................................

......................................Hang in there guys............there's a new dawn everyday........could be just round the corner for all we know. With all technical indicators smashed & all so-called support lines mercilessly breached, we do have to maintain hope based on pure & solid fundamentals & economic indicators at large where the outlook is still positive.
as always bang on sir. a lot of people need to read this now.

it also remind me of this quote from warren buffet:

"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

murthymsr

ganeshhity said:
...I saved a huge amount by making an exit....

ganeshhity
hi ganesh,

it's a great attitude.
time will soon be on your side to give you many oppurtunities.

murthymsr

shrinivas

murthymsr said:
hi ganesh,

it's a great attitude.
time will soon be on your side to give you many oppurtunities.

murthymsr
It's not great attitude my friend, it's the most usual commonsense.....
I cannot wait till the time I go bankrupt...No man...I've lost 50% of my lifetime...I know the stocks have gone so low, it's nearing buy time,they'll cover it up....
The greatest culprit in all this was my broker "Indiabulls" who only pressed my to trade in F&O and made me exit from my cash stocks....Although, I had pressed them to put stop losses in place, they did not do so...
A good lesson learnt...though a costly one...but time is a good healer, and still I'm sure murty, I'll be covering out my losses in 6 months....

thanks
ganesh

pkjha30

ganeshhity said:
The greatest culprit in all this was my broker "Indiabulls" who only pressed my to trade in F&O and made me exit from my cash stocks....Although, I had pressed them to put stop losses in place, they did not do so...

ganesh
Hi Ganesh

This is the time when we can reassess the performance of respective brokers/trading website and post experiences.

Pankaj

shrinivas

pkjha30 said:
Hi Ganesh

This is the time when we can reassess the performance of respective brokers/trading website and post experiences.

Pankaj
Sir,
I've already done that..there are very bad experiences, but I would not like to cross the limits...
In the end, I would just suggest.."money is yours, you take care of it"..

ganeshhity

I thank you all for sharing your experience and wisdom with the rest of us.

Let me share my experience- I am long on nifty @ 3650 and holding on.Well I do know all about stoplosses and all but here is what I am doing: This market has been defying gravity for so long that for quite a while I have been selling covered calls on nifty ie.after buying the future.This time it went bust.Instead of cutting the loss I decided to hang in and mentally allocated 3.65 lakhs to that trade - that is the maximum loss I would incur if the index were to go to zero.But on a realistic level it may bottom out at say 2770 or 2300 or whatever over the next three/six months and then embark on the next upswing- even if the market were to go into a prolonged bearphase of multi year variety there would be enough bear rallies to come out - because I would keep on selling calls every month to bring down my cost to that extent.I hope to report my bailout here before long.

My best regards to Amit,Saint,Joy and all the others for creating a great ambience of sharing and caring.

Last edited:
pkjha30 said:
Hi Jaideep

Nothing fundamentally has changed, I am sure all strong stocks which will be available at proper price will make new highs in near future.

Pankaj:)

Pankaj,

Thats a somewhat bold statement my friend, which may not be entirely true, IMHO..

Let me suggest to you what has changed.. EPS growth has slowed down sharply (see TISCO and SBI for instance... where this growth has been negative ... am I right?).

I dont mean u can generalise this trend for all or even most Sensex scrips, but .... think abt it ... when market pillars like the 2 above seem to have got overvalued, dont u think the sentiment will take a hit (remember on the 2 days when TISCO and SBI results came out, the downtrend gathered steam)

That, in part , may explain the sharp correction we are going thru... of course the tremendous uncertainty over tax treatment of traders' STCG seems to be the latest sword hanging over our heads

Views?
AGILENT:)

pkjha30

Agilent said:
Pankaj,

Thats a somewhat bold statement my friend, which may not be entirely true, IMHO..

Let me suggest to you what has changed.. EPS growth has slowed down sharply (see TISCO and SBI for instance... where this growth has been negative ... am I right?).

I dont mean u can generalise this trend for all or even most Sensex scrips, but .... think abt it ... when market pillars like the 2 above seem to have got overvalued, dont u think the sentiment will take a hit (remember on the 2 days when TISCO and SBI results came out, the downtrend gathered steam)

That, in part , may explain the sharp correction we are going thru... of course the tremendous uncertainty over tax treatment of traders' STCG seems to be the latest sword hanging over our heads

Views?
AGILENT:)
Hi Agilent

Let us not join the issue.

I am sure history of stock market is full of such stories of ups and down.

Tisco was at 300 and above around 2000 then it came to Rs. 75 for long it was in 340 to 440. Now it went beyond that. It may cone down to much lower level. Presently it has capacity of 5 mmtpa and by 2011 it will be 28 mmtpa. What would be the fair price for that. Same goes for SBI. On a long term horizon these are only blips unless something drastic happens.

If you see the sensex rise from 2004 till date it was little over valued and needed some sanity to be restored. We all have to see where it all stops.

Bears are known for snatching honey from bees when hive is full:D . Nothing unusal.

Thanks for replying.
Pankaj

If i may add here that a point worth looking at is that mrkts seem to be long due for correction, if we all c the charts then there's hardly any meaningfull correction that has taken place since the october lows of 2005.. after that there hasnt been a trend reversal in the mrkt(although this is also not a long term trend reversal as it looks quite unlikely).. so as Saint has pointed out in his earlier thread.. that identify the trend(long term) up/down.. now.. if we r in long term bull mrkt then every decline should be used as a buying opportunity.

If i can share my experience.. then look out for quality stocks.. i for one purchased reliance when the mrkts tumbled 826 pts.. and also 2day when the mrkts tumbling more than 1000pts intraday.. with my avg price being .. 940.. levels..Its this only that we have to seperate trading n investing.. coz..
As a trader i think there r very limited opportunities available.. to go long.. but if we have an investor set of mindframe then.. we can think of buying coz to me nothing has changed in the past one week for the fundamentals of the mrkt the india growth story .. n the GDP figures(hope i'm not wrong)

Rgrds,

Sanefellow_213

pkjha30 said:
Hi Agilent

Tisco was at 300 and above around 2000 then it came to Rs. 75 for long it was in 340 to 440. Now it went beyond that. It may cone down to much lower level. Presently it has capacity of 5 mmtpa and by 2011 it will be 28 mmtpa. What would be the fair price for that. Same goes for SBI. On a long term horizon these are only blips unless something drastic happens.

Thanks for replying.
Pankaj

Pankaj
I think u r erring in confusing size with strength. In stock markets (as u r well aware) it is profitability which matters (more than size), and that too EPS.

So that's where TISCO seems to have peaked for now (and so has SBI) ...

In my view these (apart from host of other factors ... tax/crude/commodity meltdown etc) had some bearing on the correction ... players realised that recent earnings in some key A grp scrips are not only worse than analyst estimates, but worse than in the past

No one doubts that in the long term these are solid cos and will do well

AGILENT :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.