NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIFTY at 2989 and falling.....so far gains of last 11 weeks and counting gone in the last 2 weeks.

Saint

Long time since we have seen that. (circuit) A heavenly day for daytraders this, For Swing or positioners it would be more like bungee jumping or riding in a rodeo...

Saint said:
NIFTY at 2989 and falling.....so far gains of last 11 weeks and counting gone in the last 2 weeks.

Saint
Just amazing how the FEAR PHSYCOSIS has taken over all and sundry, knocking all REASONING of FA and TA to the wind! even on the very best scrips
A massive lesson to be learnt that along with the FA & TA, one should very much keep a finger on the pulse of Human Feelings & Reactions!

JIMMtrader said:
Just amazing how the FEAR PHSYCOSIS has taken over all and sundry, knocking all REASONING of FA and TA to the wind! even on the very best scrips
A massive lesson to be learnt that along with the FA & TA, one should very much keep a finger on the pulse of Human Feelings & Reactions!
We all know market work on 4 things, FA-TA-Sentiments-Operators. I think its last two working now. Lets pray second circuit is not hit.

More of what happened could be explained well by seniors.

BTW market is turning into a goldmine.

JIMMtrader said:
I believe, the pressure to meet margin rather than fear is the the major reason behind the freeze.

Regards,
--Ashish

aca_trader said:
I believe, the pressure to meet margin rather than fear is the the major reason behind the freeze.

Regards,
--Ashish
Tradin suspended for an hour..
worse.. I think that has even bad psychological effect.
things not lookin gud there.

no cheers :eek:
vizzie

aca_trader said:

Regards,
--Ashish
Tradin suspension for an hour..
an interesting read ..

In case of a 10 per cent movement of either of these indices before 1 p.m., there would be a one-hour market halt. In case the movement takes place at or after 1 p.m. but before 2.30 p.m., there would be a trading halt for half an hour. In case the movement takes place at or after 2.30 p.m., trading would not be stopped at the 10 per cent level.

If either index moves more than 15 per cent, there will be a two-hour market stop if it is before 1 p.m. and a one-hour halt if it is on or after 1 p.m. but before 2 p.m. Trading will be stopped for the rest of the day if the trigger is reached at or after 2 p.m.

Trading would stop for the remainder of the day if either of the indices moves 20 per cent or more.

things not lookin gud

no cheers this time :(
vizzie

Today after a 6 8 months gap i thought of trading but when i went to my brokers office at 10:15 , sensex was 200 points down. People were not in any mood to buy. From everywhere i could hear that " AT EVERY DECENT RISE SELL FOR THE NEXT ONE MONTH". I was looking at buying Reliance Petro at around 68 for short term (2 months). I was given a 15 minute lecture by a fellow trader. He scared me completely, i removed my order and i just walked out thinking it was not the right day. Thankfully i am saved.
My only question to all is WHY IS THE MARKET FALLING LIKE THIS ? WHAT IS THE REASON

As I write this the exchanges have halted trading as Indices have hit lower 10% ckt brkrs.

Funds sell-off......FIIs pull-out......Asian Markets sliding........Global Markets in the red.....Tech indicators all going awry......blah! blah! blah!....:rolleyes: :cool:

What we've been witnessing over the past week & more is a demonstration of one of the basic tenets of investing in the stock markets.......understand well that the market is a herd of buyers & sellers who utterly disregard the most basic principles of individualistic human behaviour.

So we have it now & here........mob mentality....herd culture....call it what you will but you too have to jump over the precipice following the herd..... the only way is down, down & down over the edge....the trick here is to keep one's mind from going over the edge too.....that's when the herd splits up again into individuals.......pull up short.... scratch their heads...put on thinking caps once again....start to reason out......drool over low-prices.....bargain hunt amid the spoils.....and finally restore sanity to the proceedings. To use stock market jargon, that should start the bull run afresh.

Those among us who were wise enough to pull up short of the precipice may regard all of the above as pure BULL. Can't blame them though.... in a blood bath such as we have been recently & still witnessing, some do come through relatively unscathed, albeit rather fortuitously I'd say.

Then again......as Isaac Newton proved "All that goes up must come down"........and not necessarily by the same score but rather complying with other branches of physics I suppose, "All that comes down will go up".:eek:

Hang in there guys............there's a new dawn everyday........could be just round the corner for all we know. With all technical indicators smashed & all so-called support lines mercilessly breached, we do have to maintain hope based on pure & solid fundamentals & economic indicators at large where the outlook is still positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.