nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

ranger123

Dear All,
I have been following this thread for sometime and I am happy to find many of u ppl into jobbing. Lately even I have been trying my hand at jobbing and I strongly feel that the more we share on jobbing the better. Ever since I started jobbing my focus has been to find scrips that are conducive for jobbing. I would request members to kindly share info about scrips which are volatile with very good volumes so that jobbing can be done successfully in such scrips.For the last few sessions I have been concentrating on Sesa, ITC, Bharti and RCom(since last 3 sesions). I concentrate on scrips with price below rs 500 as they are easy to work on percentage wise even in a losing trade and one can make up for it in follow up trades. I earnestly request all like minded members to throw more light on this subject regards selection of scrips, timing of trades, number of trades and quantity of shares per trade. I am sure we all can benefit a great deal from sharing our experiences and ideas about jobbing. I earnestly look forward to all your valuable inputs.

warm regards.
Friends, on this subject of jobbing carrier, you have to calculate at the end how much money you will make. I am telling you this thing because, many want to take this as carrier, so I want all you rich experienced people in this field for many years to throw light on the following quarries:

1. In a single day how much time can you work continusly i means how many hours
2. How many full trades (buy and sell or sell and buy) can you make in a day
3. How much max profit you can make in a day (Thinking that you have high capitial and there is no problem of upper limit on quantity you can trade) as there is a limit of quantity you can handel for jobbing
4. All days are not same in the market hence many days should be not fitted to your jobbing method. In such days, you may not do or do less jobbing so your earning will reduce. So how much can you earn in one month, taking such days also.

I think this is very important for you to count how much you will earn max in a month because you cannot increase this business for ever as other trading methods (not jobbing trading methods).

Every body kindly share your feeling on the above points so we all can benifit.

Thanks and best luck

razx5

Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDK_CHENNAI
Hi Anurag,
i'm a professionally trained jobber cum arbitrageur ...can i hav ur email id???need to share certain things...r u from mumbai???

I am from trichy where we can get training for jobber i am planning work as jobber in mcx if you can give details will help me a lot.sivak2005 at g m i l Dotcom

siva
contact stockconcepts.co.in or cdintegrated.com

nac

Any progress,nac on your jobbing situation? Best of luck on reading market direction,am clueless...
It's pathetic. I don't know... I think I can act as an Indicator. Whenever I take short market/stock goes up and whenever I take long market/stock goes down.

Scenario 1 - I take long/short market goes opposite, my stop loss triggered.
Scenario 2 - I take the reverse order (after SL triggered), again market moves opposite and I end up losing.
Scenario 3 - I hold the position by canceling stop loss, (but now market won't come back to favorable side). It keeps on going opposite side until I cover or till market close. Finally, I end up losing huge sum.

I don't know I lost the knack or something or I am no good for this market. I have seen ups and downs but not like this. I am just seeing down. I don't know when I am gonna see up.

There is a thread titled HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THAT "U" TURN. Still I can't find that bend in my trading performance.

I am too much irritated because of these scenarios. I lost a lot last Monday. That was my worst ever in my trading history. And today, I lost a big sum.

I am struggling and now I am in the edge of the cliff. I don't know... I try to be :cool: but market makes me :mad:

It's just 3 trading session away from end of second trading month. I will post my performance chart by then. You'll see how bad I am.

Sunny1

It's pathetic. I don't know... I think I can act as an Indicator. Whenever I take short market/stock goes up and whenever I take long market/stock goes down.

Scenario 2 - I take the reverse order (after SL triggered), again market moves opposite and I end up losing.
Scenario 3 - I hold the position by canceling stop loss, (but now market won't come back to favorable side). It keeps on going opposite side until I cover or till market close. Finally, I end up losing huge sum.

I don't know I lost the knack or something or I am no good for this market. I have seen ups and downs but not like this. I am just seeing down. I don't know when I am gonna see up.

There is a thread titled HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THAT "U" TURN. Still I can't find that bend in my trading performance.

I am too much irritated because of these scenarios. I lost a lot last Monday. That was my worst ever in my trading history. And today, I lost a big sum.

I am struggling and now I am in the edge of the cliff. I don't know... I try to be :cool: but market makes me :mad:

It's just 3 trading session away from end of second trading month. I will post my performance chart by then. You'll see how bad I am.
Am too at same level as you:thumb: and still struggling ... there is a thread of mine in which I have not post anything from few months.

Well lets continua our struggle ... better to reduce volume until we get grip....

nac

Am too at same level as you:thumb: and still struggling ... there is a thread of mine in which I have not post anything from few months.

Well lets continua our struggle ... better to reduce volume until we get grip....
When I was in school, teachers were saying like this...
"If you couldn't study alone, better do combine study". Your words reminds me that. Thanks for your supporting words.

alroyraj

I trace this experiences we all are suffering from, from what I called beginners luck. It is similar to other pursuits. The first few trades we take are successful and we think that justifies the system. But that is not true.Sometimes you call it dumb luck.
Some mistakes are elementary like viewing the wrong TF like 1 min.
I lost a major sum in one trade when the market went into an exhaustion gap in downtrend. Check it out. You will hardly find any graphs on that to see it. Most exhaustion gap shown are those in uptrend.
Then because of the sudden market movement PIB froze and since I was checking the 2min-5min candlestick chart (having learnt from my 'mistake' earlier) there were Wide Range Bars (WRBs) having 7 to 10 even 15 points.
Two things are always stressed in day trading that candlestick charts are like supreme and that IOC orders are the best.
But if you do not use a hard stop loss (which is recommended nowadays) then in sudden movements better to exit at market rather than gape while it shoots up with WRBs. And in sudden market movements a line graph shows it all.

Presence of mind is required in all circumstances. But also it is important to see how others view the market,many are switching to debt options and even some agencies who give calls (so varied so I would not recommend) have been marking many days as no-trade days.
We too need to identify which days are no trade days,of course we have to first admit there are some days as such. Took me some time too.
Some seniors say if you are not clear in a simple flow chart manner what you will do in different circumstances the market throws at us then better to stay away.
A rupee not invested in sometimes a rupee saved on no-trade days.

Finally since we do not have some suitable tool to verify our strategy like in Amibroker,we cannot say for sure we have any edge or a favourable risk reward ratio (RRR). Not that merely having it will make us an instant success. Tis setup too costs money all included.
Hence many opt for tip providers will some above average performance. Even these providers provide some margin of safety i.e. decent targets and returns. We ought to aim similarly.

In the midst of all this mayhem M&M has shot from 570 to 630, Cairns from 290 to 334 Asian Paints just goes up Nagarjuna Constr 170 to 190s IVRCL Const from 145 to 195 etc.So even taking concentrated bets in these would have yielded returns.
Identifying the stock is the key. And making money irrespective of duration is good.

Last edited:

nac

^

Yeah some of us facing this. But by consolation or comparing is not gonna help me. Understanding and reacting precisely will do good for me. A highlight in your post for me "A rupee not invested in sometimes a rupee saved on no-trade days". I keep this in my mind.

Let see what I am gonna do and howz gonna be my progress in coming days.

Returns from those four stock will do good. Did you calculate how much was that? It's 71%. I guess, the entry and exit happened in one month period. Returns looks nice. Very nice.

Last edited:

nac

After reading books, forums I am started thinking and need to ask few questions myself...

1) Why did I choose trading as my career?
2) Why did I bring all my savings to start trading?
3) Why am I over-riding my own set of rules in trading?
4) What if I don't succeed with the fund I have in my pocket?
5) Why can't I correct my mistakes? Why I am doing it again and again?
6) Why don't I realize what-if I failed in trading?
7) What's the benefit of reading?
8) Am I managing my risk well?
9) Am I understand money management and react while trading?
10) Chart shows that I will be penny less in less than 10 trading session (Forecast from MS Excel)
But If my worst day comes next, I will be penny less in just 1 trading session. What I am gonna do?

I am thinking and answering for the above questions. You guys can add some more question, which might have raised in your trading life. May be I have missed them. If you post them, I can try to figure out things...