My Vision, My option scalping strategies and My daily Profit/Loss

hi Vallabh

it is beneficial to have a good typing speed if u are scalping but as AW10 has pointed out it is just the first step. ur speed of 88 is reasonably good.

also I have mentioned that the scalping scenario has changed and after the advent of bots, it is very difficult to pick up the diff. between bid and ask.
few nse members buy rack space to put up their servers next to the nse server in Mumbai. obviously thier updation and execution wd be faster than urs. therefore, I believe it wd be futile to compete with them.

hence I mentioned that u may try and do 'restrictive' or 'setup based' scalping and if that is what u are aiming at, then I feel keeping a target of minimum 50 trades a day wd be wrong.
an example of 'setup' based scalping wd be as ST had mentioned that he only
takes scalp trades around pivots.

regards
According to you daily how many trade is possible by using restrictive or set up based scalping...

okay i will try pivots...

Thanks for your reply...

Regards,:)

anuragmunjal

According to you daily how many trade is possible by using restrictive or set up based scalping...

okay i will try pivots...

Thanks for your reply...

Regards,:)
hi Vallabh

this is a very subjective question. u trade as often as ur setup signals..how often..wd depend upon the kind of setup u have.my intention was to convey the fact that days, where high turnover fr jobbers meant higher profits, are over.(largely).
my reference to pivots was to explain what 'setup' based scalping could be.

regards

at some point in this thread i read that this person prefers trading as a career because his present one does not offer any excitement or opportunities for innovation..........i am afraid the excitement and thrill provided by trading comes with a very high price tag mostly equivalent to ones trading capital.......once you overcome the learning curve and reach the status of a winning trader.......it is going to be the most boring of careers.......i do not know about scalping or jobbing.......i do intraday tading of options......and on most days there are two or three trades... more than that is rare.....most of the time is spent waiting for the setup.......and once you enter a trade it is again waiting for the target or the stop......i do not find any room for much excitement ...on days when market remains directional through the whole trading hours you tend to make larger profits.....on days when market chops up and down you tend to pay it back......over the years what i have learnt is that - being innovative is also a costly habit....my netprofit figure started improving since the day i stopped innovating my setups and strategies !!

Last edited:
at some point in this thread i read that this person prefers trading as a career because his present one does not offer any excitement or opportunities for innovation..........i am afraid the excitement and thrill provided by trading comes with a very high price tag mostly equivalent to ones trading capital.......once you overcome the learning curve and reach the status of a winning trader.......it is going to be the most boring of careers.......i do not know about scalping or jobbing.......i do intraday tading of options......and on most days there are two or three trades... more than that is rare.....most of the time is spent waiting for the setup.......and once you enter a trade it is again waiting for the target or the stop......i do not find any room for much excitement ...on days when market remains directional through the whole trading hours you tend to make larger profits.....on days when market chops up and down you tend to pay it back......over the years what i have learnt is that - being innovative is also a costly habit....my netprofit figure started improving since the day i stopped innovating my setups and strategies !!
I think you are right..
Do you mean that trading as a career is boring and not appropriate.. you mean that we can trade as a part time is good enough to reach at top.. I am also Intraday Option trader(some time Option scalper)..

You mean that Part time option trader is good enough ?? instead of wasting whole day in market right...

Please suggest me..

Regards,

uts

hello friend , i am also new to this from plese let me know what stuff u find here...can we guide me to get re sult ,...

thks
harsh

Do you mean that trading as a career is boring and not appropriate.. you mean that we can trade as a part time is good enough to reach at top.. I am also Intraday Option trader(some time Option scalper)..

You mean that Part time option trader is good enough ?? instead of wasting whole day in market right...

Please suggest me..

Regards,

what i said was .....winning trader remains in a state of ennui....some call it being in a zone or whatever......absorbed as you in watching the pattern evolve into a tradeable setup....or watching as a trade evolves in to profit or loss (i am not making any value judgement about what is appropriate or not....just observing the fact that there is no room for excitement and adrenalyn rush in this when you go through these motions over and over again day after day ! )........part time engagement is for those who are yet to develop the commitment and passion for trading.....for the winning trader......even spending the whole day watching the charts and not trading anything if your set up does not come up , is just another working day and not a day "wasted" !!

what i said was .....winning trader remains in a state of ennui....some call it being in a zone or whatever......absorbed as you in watching the pattern evolve into a tradeable setup....or watching as a trade evolves in to profit or loss (i am not making any value judgement about what is appropriate or not....just observing the fact that there is no room for excitement and adrenalyn rush in this when you go through these motions over and over again day after day ! )........part time engagement is for those who are yet to develop the commitment and passion for trading.....for the winning trader......even spending the whole day watching the charts and not trading anything if your set up does not come up , is just another working day and not a day "wasted"[/SIZE] !!
well said. :thumb:

Today first time I carry a position...

buy Nifty 4800 PE 400@58

Lets see..

Regards,

Last edited: