Learn How To Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJAY

Just want to know why you scratched the first trade so early if you can remember. I mean you just entered the trade and immediately you scratched on formation of red bar. Is it because that single red bar broke previous two bar ?Do you follow two bar tsl ?

post http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/learn-how-to-fish.104340/page-20#post-1292214
Why scratched its difficult to explain...as I allready told trade management is one need to learn themselves with trading experience with that method....its not a rule wise exits...if i explain why then i not scratch trade in same scenerio next time its start unnecessary talikng/discussions....profit booking/scratching is an art which is learn only by experience not by teachings....
Though about this exit i mentioned some of exits in trading this method posts....its high volume bar...though i use many otherways too when i see my trade is weakening on that trend

Last edited:

VJAY

Why my sl triggered when Price not come there?
Answer for this querry by kingmasher1

https://tradingqna.com/t/i-placed-a...-on-nest-nse-amibroker-or-any-other-chart/577

Quoting Nitin's response here from above link to save a click:
{{
This is probably one of the most asked queries to brokerages, I placed a limit/SL order which got executed, but I don't see that price on any charts be it on my trading platform(NEST or any other), NSE website, Yahoo, amibroker, or anywhere else. So is there a problem with the trading platform?

First thing to remember is that in India all trades are executed on the exchange, there are no dark pools like in some of the developed markets. So if there is an order you placed which got executed, you can cross check the same with the exchange end of the day and you will see your executed trades.

So why don't you see your price on the chart?

Something for you to know:

Tick Data: Market data that shows price and volume at every print, it also includes information about every change to the best bid and ask.

In a single trading day, there are millions of such ticks recorded (remember this also includes change in best bid and ask prices) and it is technically not possible for any trading platform to show all ticks, especially live and on a normal broadband internet connection.

If you really want to see all the ticks, NSE does have Tick by Tick data feed 120 which is a lot more expensive than the normal data feed, and will have to be subscribed to througn any of the authorized NSE data vendors 56 (Not all of them give you tick by tick data). Also to be able to make best use of this tick by tick data, you should ideally be on the NSE collocation which would mean that your systems are inside NSE itself, so that accepting all the millions of ticks will be quite efficient.

Tick by Tick data is usually what professional High Frequency and Arbitrage trading firms use, don't think there is anything much a normal retail trader can do with it.

Coming back to the question,

All trading and charting platforms will display only 1 tick per second on a chart, whereas there could actually have been hundreds of ticks in that 1 second. Since you are seeing only 1 tick on the chart, it is quite possible that you don't see your SL or limit price that got executed on the chart (be it on NSE, yahoo, NEST, or anywhere else).

But as I said earlier, if a trade is executed you can be rest assured that the price was printed and it can be reconfirmed on the NSE Trade verification module 185 within 5 days from when it was executed and you could also see the day's range on the daily Bhavcopy 102 and you will see your SL/Limit price within this range

VJAY

Dear niftytaurus,
Yes bnf is volatile this month...if you are breakout trader then you see dificult this month as like me...hope you are also trend trader....its good for who trades pullback trades or range traders.....for trend traders when big gap down days happens mostly not helps those days...which happened this month couple of times...if you look this month chart you can get it...so just stick with your method ans wait for opportunity ...
Though today hit my initial stop for a trade is first one of this month ...These all are from my views as I too feeling it this month :D

View attachment 29561
http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/page-7152#post-1315418

today i got one short trade , MPL below the ERL . if ur chart not recorded the mpl then ok .
View attachment 29562
Hi Vivek, Pivot is recorded but I am not using erls. I have doubt on when erl trade will come into picture . I am not sure when to use erl and when not to use erl. I am reading on this matter. Without erl there is no trade if one goes by basics.

My chart is same as yours
Capture.PNG

today i got one short trade , MPL below the ERL . if ur chart not recorded the mpl then ok .
View attachment 29562
Also erl trades are counter trend trades. I am of feeling that erl trades should be taken when price dont move that much far from previous visual pivot high and comes back so that when it reverse and crack the erl one can catch early reversal or a rejection. In current scenario I am seeing the price travelled very far from previous vph and in between we did not got any vph .and also when pivot below erl break vpl is near by.
Can you tell me we can start drawing erl once we have unconfirmed trend?

VJAY

Also erl trades are counter trend trades. I am of feeling that erl trades should be taken when price dont move that much far from previous visual pivot high and comes back so that when it reverse and crack the erl one can catch early reversal or a rejection. In current scenario I am seeing the price travelled very far from previous vph and in between we did not got any vph .and also when pivot below erl break vpl is near by.
Can you tell me we can start drawing erl once we have unconfirmed trend?
No...not any such rules ...we draw ERL only at VP's of current trend...though I use major ERL's too
Yes trades are like counter trend trades

No...not any such rules ...we draw ERL only at VP's of current trend...though I use major ERL's too
Yes trades are like counter trend trades

If current trend is unconfirmed trend then also erl can be drawn? at which point of time erl drawings can be initiated? below are two scenarios. Should i consider erls only when trend is confirmed or also can consider marking them when trend is unconfirmed? I know in sideways we dont trade erls.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.