Is earning 2000 daily enough........ But theres a prob????????

HOWS EARNING 2000 DAILY FOR INTRADAY TRADER??

• EXCELLENT

Votes: 248 34.7%
  • GOOD

Votes: 230 32.2%
  • REASONABLE

Votes: 140 19.6%
  • LESS

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
Hello everybody,

I have read some of the answers posted on this forum to the question whether it is sufficient for a full time day trader in stocks to earn 2000 in profit every day! This brings to my mind what W.D. Gann had to say which goes something like this- "The same person who is quite content with earning 5% interest in savings account on $10000 every year when he enters stock market thinks of doubling his investment in a week'! Ridiculous isn't it? The same applies here. The person who has posed this question seems to be himself not sure how much is enough. Let us see. If he is able to consistently make a net profit of 2000 every day that simply works out to 40000 a month given the fact that we have 20 trading days in a month. Is that a piffling amount? There are people in this country who sweat out on a job for the whole month for much less than that. In a year he gets 240 days to earn. However, given the fact we have holidays during the year the actual trading days could be assumed anywhere between 210-225. Even at 210 days of trading this guy would end up making more than 4 lacs a year. This figure would be much higher if this guy instead of taking out his profits keeps adding them to his capital account every day. What is the flip side to it? Like the popular saying goes -more than 90% of the traders lose money and are replaced by such wannabes who think there is a pot of gold at the end of the stock market rainbow. Yes, you can becoming rich by trading/investing in stocks. But that requires checking what seems to be his overiding GREED!. His experience has clearly shown him when he talks about his losses that though it may not be difficult to make money in stocks the path sure is not strewn with flowers!

Hello everybody,

I have read some of the answers posted on this forum to the question whether it is sufficient for a full time day trader in stocks to earn 2000 in profit every day! This brings to my mind what W.D. Gann had to say which goes something like this- "The same person who is quite content with earning 5% interest in savings account on $10000 every year when he enters stock market thinks of doubling his investment in a week'! Ridiculous isn't it? The same applies here. The person who has posed this question seems to be himself not sure how much is enough. Let us see. If he is able to consistently make a net profit of 2000 every day that simply works out to 40000 a month given the fact that we have 20 trading days in a month. Is that a piffling amount? There are people in this country who sweat out on a job for the whole month for much less than that. In a year he gets 240 days to earn. However, given the fact we have holidays during the year the actual trading days could be assumed anywhere between 210-225. Even at 210 days of trading this guy would end up making more than 4 lacs a year. This figure would be much higher if this guy instead of taking out his profits keeps adding them to his capital account every day. What is the flip side to it? Like the popular saying goes -more than 90% of the traders lose money and are replaced by such wannabes who think there is a pot of gold at the end of the stock market rainbow. Yes, you can becoming rich by trading/investing in stocks. But that requires checking what seems to be his overiding GREED!. His experience has clearly shown him when he talks about his losses that though it may not be difficult to make money in stocks the path sure is not strewn with flowers!
profits are to be counted in % not in absolute money terms... keeping risk adjusted returns in perspective... sorry to break the bad news my friend, but you both are in the same league..

FRIENDS WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN LIMITS, WHETHER TO EARN 100/ 2000 A DAY OR TO REVERSE THE SAME, EMOTIONS IF KEPT ASIDE IF DEFINATELY GIVE YOU A BETTER CHANCE...
""You cannot change the direction of the wind,but you CAN adjust your sail..."
THIS MEANS A LOT...

columbus

FRIENDS WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN LIMITS, WHETHER TO EARN 100/ 2000 A DAY OR TO REVERSE THE SAME, EMOTIONS IF KEPT ASIDE IF DEFINATELY GIVE YOU A BETTER CHANCE...
THIS MEANS A LOT...
Come to market with POSITIVE frame of mind ,but not like with
ambitious targets of doubling money in week's time etc....
Once you make a habit of making money ,then you can think about REALISTIC targets.

Always remember:

1.ANY GREAT WORK NEEDS A SMALL BEGINNING.

2.IT IS NOT THE SAILS THAT MOVE THE BOAT BUT UNFORESEEN WINDS.
(your hardwork).

Last edited:
THIS MEANS A LOT...
Great to hear that,my friend.......remember sails do not move boats.Anyone with a degree of common sense knows that unforeseen or foreseen winds move boats.......but if you are a Trend Trader,the advice is:Winds are there.That is a fact.It is out of your control.That too is a fact.All that is in your control is the adjustment of the sail.....and therefore it is important if you believe in going with the Flow and Trend Trading that you come to the conclusion that "You may not be able to change the direction of the wind,but you CAN adjust your sails...."

Saint

L

learn2trade08

you need to repost this poll for tomorrow again buddy....i dont think making 2000 rupess tomorrow would be a easy task might need a lot of guts or a lot of patience,either way tomorrow is going to be a long day....
:D

Hi to all,

just wanted to ask a very simple question and a real problem faced by me many times.

In many trading sessions i use to earn 1000-2000. It happened for cont 8-10 trading sessions, but after that i started facing a problem like, i started thinking k when in 2 hrs of trading i can earn 2k, then why to waste my whole day, the same thing i can do for the remaining trading session and lets earn additional rs 500-1000. And when i started doing this definately i loose the earned profit also and day closes with a loss.

Why i dont know as im doing trading in same style as doing at time of earing 1000-2000.

2nd i want to know is earning 1000-2000 a day is good for a full time trader??

such a long discussion over earning 2000/- daily, but instead of guiding with more reliable methods.....everyone wasted time and the opportunity. In my view, the seniors of this respective forum should come out with their methods to guide the juniers and new commer....and this will be really appreciable. If 5 methods of trading is revealed honestly.....thousand of our members will the thankfull to the seniors. Hope, all respected seniors will come out with atleast one method each which is result oriented and tested of sure shot.