I will give you a surprise

Which one of this statements refers the most to my self ?

• Little, I am in a stage of learning and searching as I have not much knowledge about indicators.

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Little, as I just started doing live trades with what I think will work.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Have learned a lot in the past, but are still not sure if it is enough to do live trades.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Made a few trades, not really successful and I think, have to search for new ideas and indicators.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Make live and paper trades regularly, but not really happy with it.

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Do live trades every day and use different styles, include S and R lines.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I am a 100% pro, very non dependent on any special system. I know, my way of trading works.

Votes: 21 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPickUp

Hi

Some observations and experiences from my side about P&F. P&F is one way to trade with. If you like such stuff, take your time and test it in your time frames. You can fine tune it down to the smallest time frames or ranges. Trading ranges with P&F can be positing trading and scalping. Some comments in the last post's gave me the feeling, that this is not known to this posters of such comments. To successfully trade position trading with P&F you need good strategies and some times patient. Other times it is like a ping pong game. If market has high volatility on a small time frame, you quickly have to act to place your orders and adjusting to the next range. Critically are the first S&R which occur with P&F. You never know, if it is the next range or just a fake. But this you also have with other tools which many of you use. You use it because you think they are better or you use it, because you feel more comfortable with them. To that level you also can come with P&F trading. If you see a range with P&F, do never use the full range. Take out a piece of the cake and trade that the right way. The peace of cake is shown in the chart from the 3.July 11. You only trade this peace of cake and you not try to catch the absolute high and the absolute deep. Beginners tend to trade like that, as they think they must hit those points, which is not necessary.

EagleOne, thanks for your post and input about that subject. By the way: I will see what I can comment on your chart. :)

As I told, I will move on with S&R and I now will move away from P&F to a completely other way of looking at S&R as promised.

S&R can be combined with different systems and tools. We can take the support from one indicator or tool and we can take the resistance from an other indicator or tool and start to combine it. We even can use one tool or indicator from one derivative and combine it with some thing completely else. There are no limits to that. If you have some charts about such stuff, post it.

Here an example with the gold chart in which I use option volatility with mathematics. The upper part shows me the option volatility which is on support and the under part shows me the gold chart with the stdv which shows the market on resistance. Time frame is 5 days per bar and the whole chart is a long time chart. Depending on what kind of trader or investor you are, it can be very useful to analyze such chart time frames which such tools.

Tc and do some sport to keep your buddy in healthy conditions.

DanPickUp

tnsn2345

Hi

Tnsn2345: Thanks for your last part of the post. As you say: Recognizing the direction of the UL ( Under lying like stock or future ) is quit important for certain option strategies.

Would you mind to explain your thoughts about this statement: "Just the basic options strategies are good enough"?

An other statement of you would may need some explanation from your side for more advanced strategic option and future traders : "So putting more effort to 'get' the direction right is prudent than to putting effort in creating complex web of legs, hands, of the setups".

And the last one: "Exiting at the end of holding period (or at stop/loss as you all define) is good enough in case your desired movement in the UL does not happen". I may ask: Who is all and what can we do to keep our options after the end of holding period?

By the way: You do not have to prove any thing here. If you like the thread, so enjoy it and if you like a post or want to post what ever in a positive way: You are more than welcome here, include your friends.

Tc and do some sport to keep your buddy in healthy conditions.

DanPickUp
Dear Dan and others,

While I was wanting to reply to your various questions raised above, I saw your statement (highlighted above) and wondered, if I could 'prove' it wouldn't it benefit other readers too.

In this context I have just written a post in AW's thread...'Come to Traders Den' requesting to be guided on how to post images or xls sheet screen shot in the post. If someone could help me with this, let me then prove it - lead by example.:)

In the process of doing the same, I will not disturb the flow of this thread but would then start a thread in Members Forum under my section - Making of a Trader. This also would partly address my leftover task of a thread - 'A bird eye view to a bulls eye' in that section.

Regards,

Where is the surprise?
R u younger brother of AW10 ....may b younger dats why AW9.5 elder wud b AW11 :lol::lol::lol:

DanPickUp

Hi

I now will start with the real subject this thread was started for. I will do that for one or two weeks. If you want, you can post every evening, starting tomorrow, a whole day chart from nifty or what ever you like with one minute bars and I then will calculate some of our R&S and will post it on that chart.

Today just a small example with the outer lines and some inner S&R on the day chart from gold.

Tc

DanPickUp

summasumma

Hi

Today just a small example with the outer lines and some inner S&R on the day chart from gold.

Tc

DanPickUp
Can i know on what basis this S/R lines are drawn?

Thanks,
...summasumma

DanPickUp

Hi

Summa: Why don't you show what kind of S&R lines you use at the moment? In that kind we would have some thing to compare.

If you want, you can paper trade my S&R lines as best as you can and at the same time you trade your S&R lines as best as you can. If you feel, that you only want to paper trade my S&R lines, so it will be.

Even others may want to show there S&R lines and make paper trades on other ideas.

Hawaisanjay: Thanks for your chart. Next time, I would need some more space on the under side, as your chart touches nearly the bottom line and I am not able to show the S lines down there.

Here the numbers you can put in by your self. They are not exactly to the point posted. They are meant as zones : 5640, 5559, 5540 5510, 5494, 5483, 5454

Tc

DanPickUp

EagleOne

@Dan
Your above chart without any explanatory blah-blah is the way to go. Very educative and interesting. At least, you are not serving the cooked food. :)
And bars instead of candles are the real thing. One look at them and you have a clear idea of price action, if you know what I mean.

Great going, Danny boy. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.