How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Uttam... it would be nice if you post the charts when point 5 is reached and not after the wolfe is complete... lots of times in hindsight wolfe patterns look perfect but its diff when one has to take a call on them with real money.

thanks

Hi....If you go through all the posts in this thread you would notice that my effort has been the same wherever possible. Please refer posts #94, #142, #170, #182, #200, #202, #205, #241, #243, #251, #279, #350, #356.

Gradually, I am going to divulge everything i know about WW and I expect very soon you would do the same for all of us what you are asking from me:).

Man!...i am a day jobber 8:30-5:00, a family man, also physician told 'early to bed & early to rise...'...and to refrain from PC screen as much as possible.....some restrictions in office too....i hope you can understand:).

Kamlesh Uttam

Yes... but the SL of 84 was saved by a whisker... the high was 83.99 :lol:....

Closed this trade in profit.... BTW, MetaTrader is a lovely platform....
Hi Aditya!....For this trade your Stop Loss should have been...$84.06. A filter is always a good thing. Since $84 was already a Number resistance so SL must be a little above it.

@Kamlesh ji
The WW that you had drawn is not a valid one.... as the lines 1-3-5 & 2-4 are parallel & so would not converge with each other.... Please clear the doubt, as the same scenario was there in the chart of Nifty which I had posted on 4th Oct...

Regards
Diverging lines are never allowed in WW pattern.
Parallel lines also succeed but that success can be attributed to market holding 1-3-5 line, not WW pattern.

I think in this case lines are converging.
Volume spike at point 5 is the most important confirmation of it being WW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Guys! Right now this is the only link available to download Wolfe Wave manual from internet ....As soon as a link comes up the site is forced to delete it as the material is copyrighted...so you never know when it will get blocked... plz download it as soon as possible....take print and read at least twice...

http://forexcoach.ru/1ongamenet/TradeSystems/11.05.2009/TS-Volna-Vylpha/Wolfe Waves.pdf

Kamlesh Uttam
Guys!....I hope by now all of you have downloaded Wolfe Wave manual by Bill Wolfe. If not please do so as soon as possible.

It would improve our quality of WW discussions.

Kamlesh Uttam

hills_5000

Hi Uttam,

I learnt WW quite sometime back from one of the threads here or in Saint's forum , I dont remember. There was a ppt also for beginners with ratios. ( I wish I could post that , but my old HD crashed and with that went all of that). But what I did realise was that sometimes even if the ratios were right , the W did not work AND there were times when even if the ratios weren't right it worked out. What was needed was a swing high and a swing low , plus the symmetry should look right. In my experience it would then work out.

Not withstanding that I mostly use W to identify an impending move and then look for confirmations through various other oscillators , fundamentals etc.

Which is why I had asked you about the nifty bullish W yesterday. Murtaza is a much more experienced trader and who has a good strike rate with W.

regards

Hi....If you go through all the posts in this thread you would notice that my effort has been the same wherever possible. Please refer posts #94, #142, #170, #182, #200, #202, #205, #241, #243, #251, #279, #350, #356.

Gradually, I am going to divulge everything i know about WW and I expect very soon you would do the same for all of us what you are asking from me:).

Man!...i am a day jobber 8:30-5:00, a family man, also physician told 'early to bed & early to rise...'...and to refrain from PC screen as much as possible.....some restrictions in office too....i hope you can understand:).

Kamlesh Uttam

Hi Uttam,

I learnt WW quite sometime back from one of the threads here or in Saint's forum , I dont remember. There was a ppt also for beginners with ratios. ( I wish I could post that , but my old HD crashed and with that went all of that). But what I did realise was that sometimes even if the ratios were right , the W did not work AND there were times when even if the ratios weren't right it worked out. What was needed was a swing high and a swing low , plus the symmetry should look right. In my experience it would then work out.

Not withstanding that I mostly use W to identify an impending move and then look for confirmations through various other oscillators , fundamentals etc.

Which is why I had asked you about the nifty bullish W yesterday. Murtaza is a much more experienced trader and who has a good strike rate with W.

regards
Hey Hills_5000!...Plz imbibe the real WW trading from the original manual.
Then in NIFTY (being Index) you can hit more than 95%, believe me.

I think this was one wave in 5 min Nifty that we could have traded for some 30 odd points.Im not able to get the volume when i save the chart but the volume seems have a nice saucer shape at point 5 and thereafter. And also we had a wave formed on the 3-4 line( but im not sure if thats right). please cheek and guide.

mdrafi67

Diverging lines are never allowed in WW pattern.
Parallel lines also succeed but that success can be attributed to market holding 1-3-5 line, not WW pattern.

I think in this case lines are converging.
Volume spike at point 5 is the most important confirmation of it being WW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
hi Kamleshji,
thanks for ur post. I would like to know does a bigger WW with a smaller WW pattern within it attracts more importance n more of confirmation of getting EPA. About ETA Bill Wolfe himself explained in his course that ETA holds lesser importance when compared to EPA.....is there any other view of urs about WW study regarding ETA.....more light on this will be of more help as "TIME" plays a key role in any trading strategy......bcoz holding period and margin are two most important things while trading in commodities.......hope u will reply................thank u very much....................:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.