How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr

Hi younggenious,

NSE symbol for TISCO is changed to TATASTEEL.

The recent changes in NSE symbols can be obtained from the NSE Link:
http://www.nse-india.com/content/equities/eq_symbolchange.htm

Also Bhav copy available at NSE site for download will give latest symbols with names and quotes.

Best wishes,
murthymsr

Pl Help
Qt Is Working Well During Trading Hour But How To Upload Intra-day Data To Qt After Trading Hour (in Case When It Is Not Operated During Trading Hour)
At The End Of The Day Qt Is Updating For Ohlc Only.
Is There Any Method To Backfill The Qt?
I Have Tried Through Its Backfill Option,but There Is No Nse-india Site In Showing In Data Source Menu For Backfill

Prsrivastav

murthymsr

prsrivastav said:
........ At The End Of The Day Qt Is Updating For Ohlc Only.
Is There Any Method To Backfill The Qt? .............

Prsrivastav
Hi prsrivastav,
I tried to back fill and was not successful, in the first attemt. sought the advice of QT support and they were very prompt (< 1 hr) to give the solution.

I use NSE as intraday data source and was trying to get historical data from yahoo and was not successful as the symbols for a stock for NSE & YAHOO were different.

Solution:
-- Get intraday quotes from NSE as usual, say ACC.
-- press <CTRL> H , being the shortcut for historical quotes.
-- as YAHOO symbol is ACC.NS and NOT ACC, it will open the chart, but willl report "No data" and show the "CONFIGURE" button but does not show any charts.

-- If you have not configured YAHOO as your historical data do it now.

-- now right click on the chart, and select the optoion "Backfill historical data for ACC as ..... (I repeat AS...)
-- Now enter yahoo backfill symbol as ACC.NS.
-- within less than a minute, it will show up the chart.
-- you can also notice during this operation, a new LED with the name BFH (Backfill Historical) running in green instead of Amber.
-- nowonwards, the program remembers the association. it's a one time affair for each stock.

hope this may be of some help to you. If you need any further clarification, please respond.

murthymsr

Hello murthymsr
you have written "and show the "CONFIGURE" button" .there is no configure button is coming while pressing 'ctrl-h'. only chart is coming with a message "no data".so then how i configure yahoo as historical data.

Also no option is coming for "Backfill historical data" while right clicking the chart.
pl help
prsrivastav

murthymsr

hi srivastsav,

my QT version is 3.6.8d, check yours. If your version is older, do web-update.

To set Yahho as the historical bckfill, You can go to options >> data sources/ proxy settings & select yahoo.

.... and continue as suggested in my earlier post.

You may get hist-back-fill for most active stocks only, and not for all. This is because yahoo providing back-fill data for most active stocks only.

murthymsr

HI MURTHYMSR
MY VERSION IS 3.6.7, I HAVE DONE WEB UPDATE 3 TIMES. BUT VERSION IS NOT CHANGING TO 3.6.8d.
I HAVE GONE TO QT WEB SITE. THER ALSO IN DOWNLOAD MENU 3.6.8d IS NOT MENSION.
GONE TO QT SITE FROM HELP MENU>>VERSION CHANGES,THERE ALSO ONLY UP TO 3.6.7 IS SHOWING.
SO,HOW TO GET 3.6.8d
PL ADVICE
PRSRIVASTAV

prsrivastav said:
HI MURTHYMSR
MY VERSION IS 3.6.7, I HAVE DONE WEB UPDATE 3 TIMES. BUT VERSION IS NOT CHANGING TO 3.6.8d.
I HAVE GONE TO QT WEB SITE. THER ALSO IN DOWNLOAD MENU 3.6.8d IS NOT MENSION.
GONE TO QT SITE FROM HELP MENU>>VERSION CHANGES,THERE ALSO ONLY UP TO 3.6.7 IS SHOWING.
SO,HOW TO GET 3.6.8d
PL ADVICE
PRSRIVASTAV
prsrivastav,

QTversion 3.6.8 is beta version available on qt web site itself separately.
please check. Try on
http://www.quotetracker.com
I have not tried it, being beta version.
I will try it as backfill will be available on it.
regards

murthymsr

Hi sarasangi,
you are right. 3.6.7 is the latest production version. 3.6.8 is the latest beta version one week back. Current latest is 3.6.8.

Hi srivatsav,
you may, i hope, will be able to get historical quotes from yahoo with 3.6.7 also. so forget about version update and proceed with other suggested steps. (beta versions need a bit risk taking appetite, a little bit more than needed for trading, so think twice !)

histirical quotees was indroduced prior to 3.6.7.

all the best.
murthymsr

murthymsr,

1) I am unable to find yahoo in data sources list. Is it given in different name? Pl give correct name you have selected.

2)Historical data gives only eod data for 6 months. Incidentally, for ACC, I got historical data for 6 months for an American company named ACC.

3)Backfill is for intraday data. In the present list of data providers --Navia Markets (India) -- is mentioned but it is for their customers only.

4) I use qt version 3.6.7 But I feel data sources for 3.6.8 will be same as for 3.6.7

Regards.