How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

HI murthymsr/sarasangi,
i have installed 3.6.8g,it is working good for historical backfill.but i want intraday backfill,suppose for any reason if we are not able to run qt during trading hours,and we want to know the chart pattern for that day.
can it is possible to import intraday day data to qt from folder.As i am getting intraday data from yahoo group.
prsrivastav

prsrivastav,

I too need backfilling of intraday data. Position regarding this is as follows.
1)In qt, we can export intraday data in .csv format but cannot import it.
In this regard please see following.
http://boards.quotetracker.com/board/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=29388&an=0&page=0#29388
2)Backfilling of intra day data being function of data provider, we have to become customer of such data provider listed in qt -- e.g. Navia Markets(India). Regarding this data provider, plese see following.
http://www.naviamarkets.com

Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year.

Regards.

prsrivastav and murthymsr,

We need intraday data In order to decide whether to buy or sell.
On seeing correspondence in qt regarding pivot points, following idea came to me. We can buy or sell on following day at opening, with small stop loss, based on position of 5dma of pivot point. I enclose a graph of hdfc bank. I have plotted 5dma of pivot point, formula for which is as follows.
mov((high+low+close)/3,5,s)

Please examine and advise.

Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year.

Regards.

Last edited:
subratabera said:
Can anyone please tell me how to backfill historical data in Quotetracker. I was tried a lot but did'nt found any solution. Please Help.
Please go through the previous views expressed in this thread, to get clarification on your query.
Regards

Hi

Can any one help me

I am running qt sucessfully from NSE-free site,

but I don't see Yahoo quote site and Bloomberg asia site can any one tell me how to bring them.

I am using latest beta version and also it is updated latest by today.

2. also in the second level I don't see indian sites like hdfc, nse, walletwatch etc

can anybody help me out

murthymsr

Hi smineel,
your querry is not clear, however, i will try to answer.

QT directly gets quotes from NSE, nothing to do with yahoo.

Bloomberg Asia provides index data and can be configured. But this data is already available from NSE site. For this You may have to configure for NSE indices.

Level II quotes are not freely available. However if you want Level I quotes (Normal ones) from hdfc or walletwatch or other indian sources you can configure for them. Bur remember that their stock symbols may be different and unless you are already familiar with them, it may not be worthwhile.

some of these issues are already discussed in the forum. please go through the old posts, for some more info.

murthymsr

Thanks Murtymsr for your reply

i got my few doubts clear but in this thread some one said that by configuring bloomberg asia you can get BSE as well as NSE data...

right now i am using NSE free data, but I want BSE data also so I was asking for any free data feed like Yahoo which gives both the NSE as well as BSE data, but I cant find that server in the list of QT

one more thing does Bloomberg asia gives only indices data?

hope I am clear

Eagerly waiting for your help

murthymsr

smineel said:
i got my few doubts clear but in this thread some one said that by configuring bloomberg asia you can get BSE as well as NSE data...

you can get BSE as well as NSE indices data only.

murthymsr

Thanks murthymsr for your reply and sorry to bother you
you have not cleared my Yahoo doubt.........Can i use QT to get both BSE and NSE free data from Yahoo.......
If yes then how.

regards and thanks for your help