How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr

== abstract from my earlier post ==
.... there looks to be a problem with indices from nse site. ......
Unquote

The problem of nse indices not getting updated was resolved by QT.
Click link below for details.

http://boards.quotetracker.com/board/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=55770&an=0&page=0#55770

now i get nse indices updated automatically.
You may perform webupdate to get the latest update (dated 18/10/2005) and restart QT. Then you will get indices from NSE getting updated automatically into the indices panel.

Alternatively, NSE, along with the Live stock quotes, also provides the quotes for "NIFTY", "JRNIFTY", "CNXMIDCAP", "CNX500", "CNXIT", "CNXBANK". you may enter the above names without quotations into the portfolio of QT.

i, now, prefer the second method so that we can get chart and more...

murthymsr

murthymsr

hi stockcrazy,
QT was working in the last few days, as well as at this moment.... with nse stock data as well as indices.

if u need any help, pl. give details.
regards
murthymsr

Hi murthymsr,

I really do not know what's happening.

But one strange thing for me www.nseindia.com is not working,If you go to
the last Fetched Quote page.I get the error as shown below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/equities/quotesearch.jsp?

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.nseindia.com
The dnsserver returned:

Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Strangely though www.nse-india.com is working fine from the browser.

Did they change it recently??

I am totally confused

Thanks for your response

murthymsr

hi stockcrazy,

quote:
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/e...otesearch.jsp?

The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.nseindia.com
The dnsserver returned:
Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
:unquote

i do not know why QT was taking you to the above page, but it coud be your dns server being down or some thing like that. like you, i too were able to open NSE home page and also above link, which is a nse code search page.

but one thing.

i found QT webupdate on NSE data source once on 18/10/2005 (pl. read my post in this thread) and performed webupdate. Later i have performed web update once again about a week back to the latest version 3.6.7. i am not sure if it had any update on NSE also.

i suggest you may perform webupdate now, particularly noting down if any NSE data source was there in the update.

hope above info may be of some use to you.

regards
murthymsr

novice1 said:
Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Of course you should be connected to Internet during Market Hours to get the data live.

The enclosed PDF file gives step by step instructions.

For those users who are not yet enabled to view the attachments please provide your email id and I would try and forward the PDF as an email attachment.

Happy viewing and I am ready to take your questions :)

Sekhar S
dear sir,
please send me information for free download quotetracker of indian virsion.my email is [email protected].
snehal

Hello
Nse-india Is Not Showing In Data Source For Backfilling In Quote Tracker,any Solution?
Is It Possible To Backfill Intra Day Data For Quote Tracker By Importing From Computer Folder ?
Prs

I dont get quote of TISCO in quotetracker ..any reasons why? there r some other stocks for which i dont get quotes...can any body supply me with the latest list of NSE stocks that can be loaded into quotetracker