Help needed to solve range bar problem

Again simply use AB 5.5 there are no limitations there regarding range bars.
I agree, again limitation of charting software. Stops plotting after the trading session is over. It shows incomplete range. Should have checked the session break line.

Try photoshop,

I have attached a screenshot of the fxcentral(autometatrading.com) range bar chart from metatrader for today(1 rupee range). They seem to be giving the most decent data at this point.

By the way how much does esignal data cost.

I am on the trial version with autometatrading now. I have a expert advisor which, when run on one minute charts gives me range bars in offline mode.
$134 + exchange fees
$23 for NSE cash and futures and $12 for MCX

Cannot comment on Metatrader,Have never used it.

I agree, again limitation of charting software.
You see, I'm not just a genius but also I'm a genius with hawk eyes. On a side note this also happens in Ninjatrader (additionally NT has another bug in their range bars rendering). So both Multicharts and Ninjatrader do wrong range bar display. This does not happen in new Amibroker version 5.50 RC1. Try it if you are a member. If you are not a member wait for final release in a few days, maybe 2 weeks.

You see, I'm not just a genius but also I'm a genius with hawk eyes. On a side note this also happens in Ninjatrader (additionally NT has another bug in their range bars rendering). So both Multicharts and Ninjatrader do wrong range bar display. This does not happen in new Amibroker version 5.50 RC1. Try it if you are a member. If you are not a member wait for final release in a few days, maybe 2 weeks.
Rolling on the floor, Laughing

Didnt I say a genius knows where to stop.

Now he wants a charting software that keeps plotting after trading hours.

You need tick data for range charts and backfill needs to be done in tick format too. Suggest you use Volumedigger Odinfeeder to backfill in tick. Though he has closed down his website you can request him for that.

Also if in case you use rangebars I suggest you use MultichartsDT. A free software you can feed with ManshiRT. You can choose different ranges for different symbols and much more. If you want I can help you with MultichartsDT or Multicharts
=========

How can we use ManshiRT for Multicharts ? Hope you are using Multicharts. Please, tell me your views about Amibroker and Multicharts.

=========

Last edited:

jlmalhotra

=========

How can we use ManshiRT for Multicharts ? Hope you are using Multicharts. Please, tell me your views about Amibroker and Multicharts.

=========
You can use Multicharts with different types of data. If you want to use it for Price range bars I suggest use it with ManshiRT through DDE.
Just click on Excel on Manshi and enable Excel update
Use folowing string to feed your quotemanager
=MANSHIRT|*!CLOSE

=MANSHIRT|*!TICKVOLUME
For backfill You need to use ODIN FEEDER and import the data manually into quotemanager.Its a little time consuming but worth it if you trade rangebars.
You can also save ODIN charts in excel and import them into quotemanager if you trade in 1 or 2 stocks or say if you trade only in NIFTY futures

To download ODIN data use Technical alert builder in your ODIN Diet

This process might seem difficult but once you get used to it it takes no more than 2 mins to backfill.

The other way is to feed it through Globalserver
For backfill you can use Hypertools to convert your Metastock data from ManshiRT to XPO

Also you can feed Metastock data from ManshiRT directly into Multicharts if you trade in Min bars.
For this I suggest download a trial version of Multicharts and get in touch with their support.

jlmalhotra

=========

=========
Well I do not use Amibroker, though there are many people who swear by it.
Perhaps it is because of too many useless colourfull studies available over the net which were not so quite pleasing to my eyes and some how i do not like the kind of candles it plots. I would prefer Metastock anyday because the charts look more cleaner.
Nothing against Amibroker its just that it didnt interest me and I found Metastock better when I started trading.

Got intrested in Tradestation and then Multicharts 2 years ago because of its radar or scanner window and because of various charting options it offers.

It has actually helped me improve my trading.

Again I suggest not to be loyal to a charting software. Pick whatever suits you