Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsho

1. Close Excel Totally.
2. Start NOW and get Hindunilever, ITC and Nifty future in NOW. (These scrips are given as sample in my utility.
3. Check that columns stated in NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm are present in NOW
4. Open NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm.

Try these steps.
Tried the above steps. Also tried by creating a new Market Watch group with only the above symbols. No luck. Zerodha disabled/enabled the feature still same result. Will try to get a friends laptop and install NOW and see. Most likely this looks like a system specific issue.

gunsho

I had already Trusted locations enabled SR. I had mentioned this in the first post itself. I will try to do all these steps in a different system and see. What I hear from Zerodha and NOW team is, these are the steps that everybody is doing. So it should be some config issue in my System.

Gunsho
follow this procedure

Settings within Excel:
1. Open Excel - NOW supports Office 2007 and above.
2. Click the "Office Button" on the top left of your screen.
3. Click on "Excel Options" at the bottom of the new window.
4. In the new window, click on "Trust Center" on left-hand side menu bar.
5. On the right-hand side, please click on an option called "Trust Center Settings".
6. In the new window, click on "Trusted Locations".
7. Click on "Add new Location" on the bottom of the window.
8. Browse and select the "NOW" folder from your Program Files.
This will enable Excel to receive streaming quotes from NOW software.

regards
sr

I had already Trusted locations enabled SR. I had mentioned this in the first post itself. I will try to do all these steps in a different system and see. What I hear from Zerodha and NOW team is, these are the steps that everybody is doing. So it should be some config issue in my System.
Hi gunsho,

I was also facing same problem initially. My OS is Wndows 7 Home basic which does not allow creating files in C: Directory . What I did was that I turned off my User Account Control Settings for getting permissions and full control over C: Directory . Then I tried with NOW and that worked for me.

Then Josh1 told me that UAC is for safety purpose and he told me a method to overcome this problem. You can find the solution in previous posts by Josh1 answered to me regarding UAC.

gunsho

Glad everyone extend their help to me, but we are discussing things that I have mentioned in my first post itself. Have also followed the steps exactly as Josh and SR mentioned (at least couple of times). Gone through all the posts in this thread and read the problems faced. Will try in a different laptop and post here.

Sorry to repeat my first post again.

Hmm. I believe I am having a tough day in getting to Excel. With NOW running, I am getting "N/A" in the excel sheet. Trusted locations, Admin rights, all properly set.

Zerodha support looked at my desktop and spent time playing around and everything seems to be correct. Now they have asked me to contact NOW team to sort this out. UAC disabled just to make sure C: doesn't have any problem.

While I struggle some more time with NOW team, anybody faced similar problem :confused:
Hi gunsho,

I was also facing same problem initially. My OS is Wndows 7 Home basic which does not allow creating files in C: Directory . What I did was that I turned off my User Account Control Settings for getting permissions and full control over C: Directory . Then I tried with NOW and that worked for me.

Then Josh1 told me that UAC is for safety purpose and he told me a method to overcome this problem. You can find the solution in previous posts by Josh1 answered to me regarding UAC.

Glad everyone extend their help to me, but we are discussing things that I have mentioned in my first post itself. Have also followed the steps exactly as Josh and SR mentioned (at least couple of times). Gone through all the posts in this thread and read the problems faced. Will try in a different laptop and post here.

Sorry to repeat my first post again.
I apologize for not reading your first post and recommending you something which you have already tried. I am a non -techie guy so can't really help on my own in technical aspects. :p

I wish you luck .

gunsho

Finally some good news :clap: It worked fine in a Windows 7 64-bit with Office 2007. Anyone had success with Office 2010?

It is Office 2010 in Windows 7 64-bit. Had a conversation with NOW team. They again did the same thing, still getting "#NA". Next step is, they suggested Zerodha to disable this feature for me and enable it again. If that doesn't work, I have to use my login ID in some other system running Windows XP or a different version of Office to check if the problem is only with this system. NOW team said, they have successfully ran this in Windows 7 / Office 2010. Anyway, will check the 2 options left out before giving it up :)

josh1

Hi josh1
In my angel diet odin arbitrage.xl there is no last traded time coloumn there,then how to modify vb in NSE-Now-RT2.xlsm
Hi Sikandar,

If you can see changing rates in excel then there is no need to tinker with VB. In this case we have no option but to take your system time as the last traded time.
Type the below formula against every scrip in "Last Traded Time Column"

=NOW()

Excel will show todays' date and current time in that column.
Select the entire column by clicking on C (It is column C)
RightClick and click on Format Cells in the window that pops up.

Select Custom in Numbers Tab and the type or select hh:mm:ss

You should see current running time on your spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Hi Sikandar,

If you can see changing rates in excel then there is no need to tinker with VB. In this case we have no option but to take your system time as the last traded time.
Type the below formula against every scrip in "Last Traded Time Column"

=NOW()

Excel will show todays' date and current time in that column.
Select the entire column by clicking on C (It is column C)
RightClick and click on Format Cells in the window that pops up.

Select Custom in Numbers Tab and the type or select hh:mm:ss

You should see current running time on your spreadsheet.
Hi josh1
Thanks for your kind gudance.It is working well now in NSE-NOW-RT.xlsm

but in mycsv it shows last traded time showes like this

and ia ami not updating
help requered

Status
Not open for further replies.