but in mycsv it shows last traded time showes like this

and ia ami not updating
help requered
Find the following lines in MakeCSV subroutine-

While Not IsEmpty(Cells(r, c))
If Cells(r, c).Value = "0" Then
CellValue = ""
Else
CellValue = Cells(r, c).Value 'Add contents of current cell to the variable- CellValue
End If

Relplace them with this-

CellValue = "" ' CellValue equl to Nothing
ElseIf c = 3 Then ' If it is cell in column C
CellValue = TimeValue(Now())
Else
CellValue = Cells(r, c).Value 'Add contents of current cell to the variable- CellValue
End If

Or this -

If c = 3 Then ' If it is cell in column C
CellValue = TimeValue(Now()) ' CellValue = Current time
Else
End If

That should work.

hi josh,

I have the problem with backfill. in the ambibroker when i have two symbol nifty and nifty12mayfut, the back fill gives data for nifty12mayfut but does not get updated live, nifty gets updated live, when i merge to nifty, the amibroker only shows the data but not updating, any solution

guptak03

50000 bars is more than enough. However, I don't approve turning off UAC controls. They are meant for safety. It will be better if you create a folder called C:\RT and change the following lines in excel - VBA - and save it.

FileName = "C:\MyCSV.csv" should be changed to FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv"
and
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\MyCSV.csv", True) should be changed to Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)

Enjoy Realtime feed. :rofl:
Josh sir y "C:\MyCSV.csv" should be changed to FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv">>>!!!!?????

and more thing wen ever i start ami , ill just c big big candles even in 1 min chart which i was not getting with paid data feed???do i hve 2 make any changes !!!!!

Last edited:
Find the following lines in MakeCSV subroutine-

CellValue = ""
Else
End If

Relplace them with this-

CellValue = "" ' CellValue equl to Nothing
ElseIf c = 3 Then ' If it is cell in column C
CellValue = TimeValue(Now())
Else
End If

Or this -

If c = 3 Then ' If it is cell in column C
CellValue = TimeValue(Now()) ' CellValue = Current time
Else
End If

That should work.
Thank you very much bro for your kindness working now
:)

sr114

Josh

can another column "Open Interest" could be added to the existing NowRt.xlm file?

it could incorporate the OI in our studies

regards
sr

josh1

hi josh,

I have the problem with backfill. in the ambibroker when i have two symbol nifty and nifty12mayfut, the back fill gives data for nifty12mayfut but does not get updated live, nifty gets updated live, when i merge to nifty, the amibroker only shows the data but not updating, any solution
With NIFTY chart open, click on Symbol-Merge
Window will open with NIFTY as Target. Select the source as NIFTY12MAYFUT.
The data of later will get merged with NIFTY.

josh1

Josh sir y "C:\MyCSV.csv" should be changed to FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv">>>!!!!?????

and more thing wen ever i start ami , ill just c big big candles even in 1 min chart which i was not getting with paid data feed???do i hve 2 make any changes !!!!!
Create a folder called RT in root of c drive first.
You can open Windows Explorer - Select C:\. then Click on File - New - Folder
Change name of NewFolder to RT.

or

open command.com and give command - mkdir C:\RT

Thereafter, open Visual Basic Module1 and find C:\MyCSV.csv. You will find it at two places.
Change it to C:\RT\MyCSV.csv.

josh1

Josh

can another column "Open Interest" could be added to the existing NowRt.xlm file?

it could incorporate the OI in our studies

regards
sr
Of course you can. To get OI in AB you will have to edit the NSENOW2.format file. Add Open interest column at rightmost. Open the format file in notepad.
Look for $FORMAT line. Add the field OPENINT at the end and save.

josh1

Free data in Free Software FCharts

Uploaded file NSE-NOW-RT-To-FC.xlsm. Works out of the box with FCHARTSE the free charting software.
Those who are not getting Last Traded time in data feed(diet ODIN) will have to click on "Start" Worksheet to get current time. All others just have to start data feed application like NOW or NEST and get realtime feed to FChartSE. Link is here. FchartSE is very easy for intraday charts.

http://www.4shared.com/file/bQgiuIjq/NSE-Now-RT-To-FC.html

You will have to login into 4shared.com to download.

@ SR114 - Can you tell me how to give Torrent link?

Thanks SR114 - http://dc523.4shared.com/download-t...w-RT-To-FC.xlsm?tsid=20120510-091738-934206e3

I am using the field "Trading Symbol" in Market Watch instead of "Symbol"
Steps-
1. Open NOW or Nest or which ever software
2. Open NES-NOW-RT-TO-FC.xlsm and check whether rates are changing. (Trust Centre settings to be done as given earlier in this thread)
3. Open FChartSE
4. Click on Intraday and select Excel as source.
5. Click on Refil List and It will show the name of excel file.
6. Column settings as given in the image. They are self explanatory.
7. You can see one minute bars getting updated live in FCharts.
8. Not worked on backfil yet. This is extract from their Help file-
Intraday Importing
You can also import intraday data via the 'Single Import' and 'Bulk Import' buttons. Just make sure the format is like this:

A first row with a header identifying the fields, eg: <TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYYYMMDD>,<TIME>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOL>

Then the data:

TICKER, I, 20010720, 11:30, 0.135,0.135,0.135,0.135,50000
etc

I dont understand the meaning of <PER>. If somebody helps, backfill can be arranged.

Administrators- Is it possible to change the name of this thread ? Can I add FCharts to it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.