Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Josh1

this things occur when i try to fetch data from Nest Trader. is is due to the fact that Now is closed and the excel sheet gives N/A in the LTP,LTQ,LTT and other columns.
is there any way to run NOW and then Nest3 after the closure of NOW(equity market)?

by the way Nest follder added in the Trusted location.

regards
sr
Yes. It can be due to N/A. Basically we are trying to remove 0 (zeros), which is a numeral, from excel before writing them into csv file. In this case, excel is getting some string or other type of data to compare with numeral. Then it gives error of Type Mismatch. You can turn of this comparison exactly the same way as I had written to Rocky. Remember, this line should be as it is.
CellValue = Cells(r, c).Value '

You get N/A if you open excel sheet before opening NOW or Nest. Follow this order of opening 1. NOW or Nest 2. AmiBroker 3. Excel until excel starts opening AmiBroker automatically.

If you want to fetch quotes from Nest3 then you will have to link market watch of Nest3 with excel. I suppose you can link Nest the same way as you link NOW. RightClick in the Market watch of Nest and see if link to excel or snap to excel is available. If yes, keep the column order exactly the same as per excel and then paste the link into excel. You will get live quotes in excel. Do not try to get quotes from both NOW and NEST at the same time at present.. Once you get quotes in proper columns, you can click on Start to get them in AmiBroker. You can add to remove/replace scrips from original sheet.

If you are running Nest, delete the following line from the code. It is in StarTimer subroutine.

IsNOWRunning 'Check whether NOW is running. If not close down.

guptak03

1. Upload an image of your excel sheet if possible.
2. You have to give the path of your database folder in NES-NOW-RT2
3. number of bars 1000 is too less. Make it 30000.
josh sir i have uploaded the excel image in this link plz guide me the problem is dates are not getting update in excel nd ami is getting open with past data as i backfill dem but RT data r not getting captured in it....

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9630/jpegk.png

josh1

josh sir i have uploaded the excel image in this link plz guide me the problem is dates are not getting update in excel nd ami is getting open with past data as i backfill dem but RT data r not getting captured in it....
क्या बात कर रहे हो गुप्ताजी! बिलकुल ठीक चल रहा है.
Date is correct (8th May 2012.)It is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Nifty future was howering around 5064 at 13.13 in the afternoon. Excel is working fine.

Here is a snapshot of Nifty on my laptop.

See in your AmiBroker. Nifty future should be gettting updated as "NIFTY"
Your backfill data will be in "NIFTY12MAYFUT". You will have to merge the two scrips to get unified picture.

If you are not getting live quotes in AmiBroker, give me an image of AmiBroker and also a snapshot of MyCSV.csv file which should be in C:\ folder.

sr114

Josh1

ur utility is fetching data from Nest3, i didnt change any quote, only the scrips is changes i.e. of NOW by of Nest3 and is working fine

thanks buddy
regards
sr

Last edited:

vikrit

links for downloading utility not working!

plz post working links.

thanks

josh1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.