Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

no sir i just went with ur instruction no other thing has been done 4m my side so plz guide me what i hve 2 do??
What is the specific problem? Are you getting tick data in Excel and then AmiBroker? Backfill can be done later on.

Remember, You have to start NSENOW/Nest Trader first and Excel afterwards. Otherwise you will see N/A in excel instead of live quotations.

Last edited:
1. When I get RT quotes in the xlsm file and they are refreshing simultaneously with NOW market watch then I press "start" button in the xlsm sheet . After hitting the button a pop up opens saying runtime error 13 "type mismatch. Then there are buttons on the popup window showing "End" "Debug" . When I press Debug I get this image

2. Afterwards when I press the "stop" sheet button on the xlsm file again I get a runtime error 91 showing "Object Variable or With block variable not set."

When I press the debug button I get this image:

3. I have created the Amibroker database with Base Time interval as 1 minute. I want to ask that should I change the database settings ? Can you tell me what will be the database base time interval . As I saw an image posted by you few posts earlier that you are activating the Tick bar . When I want to activate the Tick bar the Tick button is not showing active status in my Amibroker . So I feel that whether 1 minute Base time interval is right or not.

4. PS : With 1 minute basetime interval in Amibroker I was successful in Backfilling the data from NEST PLUS . The backfill was very quick.

Thanks & Regards.

Last edited:

guptak03

1)sir m getting tick data in excel but dates are not getting update even though my system dates are correct...

2) when i click on start button amibroker is getting opened but no symbols r der to choose and wat folder i have 2 choose 2 get data in ambi
wen i choose any data its says u have selected INCORRECT directory!

In data base setting i have selected local data base,storage is enable, numbers of bars is 1000,and base time interval is tick!!!!!

josh1

1. When I get RT quotes in the xlsm file and they are refreshing simultaneously with NOW market watch then I press "start" button in the xlsm sheet . After hitting the button a pop up opens saying runtime error 13 "type mismatch. Then there are buttons on the popup window showing "End" "Debug" . When I press Debug I get this image

2. Afterwards when I press the "stop" sheet button on the xlsm file again I get a runtime error 91 showing "Object Variable or With block variable not set."

4. Congrats for backfil. You could do that because data is availble for 1 minute intervals.

3. I have created the Amibroker database with Base Time interval as 1 minute. I want to ask that should I change the database settings ? Can you tell me what will be the database base time interval . As I saw an image posted by you few posts earlier that you are activating the Tick bar . When I want to activate the Tick bar the Tick button is not showing active status in my Amibroker . So I feel that whether 1 minute Base time interval is right or not.

Thanks & Regards.
Answers in reverse order.-
3. Change database settings to Tick. Otherwise, you will not get proper 1 minute candles. The utility is importing data every three seconds.

2. This error is occuring because AmiBroker has not started.

1. In this loop we are checking whether there is any 0 (read zero) in the excel sheet and removing it. Perhaps some other character has entered into your sheet. Hence it is saying Type Mismatch. There may be some scrips in excel which are showing N/A. Check that format of Date column is- date, that of time column is- time and other columns -General.
Let us skip this comparison. Comment out the sentences from If to end if like this-

'If Cells(r, c).Value = "0" Then
'CellValue = ""
'Else
CellValue = Cells(r, c).Value '
'End If

Note, except the fourth, all sentences above should turn green when you move your cursor to some other line.

Save your spreadsheet and close it. Reopen it if NOW and AmiBroker both are running.
Otherwise, start 1. NOW 2. AmiBroker 3. NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm in that order. Go ahead we will get your charts moving in realtime.

Last edited:

josh1

1)sir m getting tick data in excel but dates are not getting update even though my system dates are correct...

2) when i click on start button amibroker is getting opened but no symbols r der to choose and wat folder i have 2 choose 2 get data in ambi
wen i choose any data its says u have selected INCORRECT directory!

In data base setting i have selected local data base,storage is enable, numbers of bars is 1000,and base time interval is tick!!!!!
1. Upload an image of your excel sheet if possible.
2. You have to give the path of your database folder in NES-NOW-RT2
3. number of bars 1000 is too less. Make it 30000.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Simply Superb guidance .

I really want to thank you for your humble attitude.
Inspite being a non techie I was able to get the data in my Amibroker
with your kind help. Thanks so much. Now I am able to see RT quotes
in my Amibroker.

Regarding Backfill I want to ask that I have chosen 50,000 bars in tick data in this database so will the Backfill data be able to get updated within this same database ?

Thanks & Regards . :clapping:

josh1

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Simply Superb guidance .

I really want to thank you for your humble attitude.
Inspite being a non techie I was able to get the data in my Amibroker
with your kind help. Thanks so much. Now I am able to see RT quotes
in my Amibroker.

Regarding Backfill I want to ask that I have chosen 50,000 bars in tick data in this database so will the Backfill data be able to get updated within this same database ?

Thanks & Regards . :clapping:
50000 bars is more than enough. However, I don't approve turning off UAC controls. They are meant for safety. It will be better if you create a folder called C:\RT and change the following lines in excel - VBA - and save it.

FileName = "C:\MyCSV.csv" should be changed to FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv"
and
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\MyCSV.csv", True) should be changed to Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)

Enjoy Realtime feed. :rofl:

50000 bars is more than enough. However, I don't approve turning off UAC controls. They are meant for safety. It will be better if you create a folder called C:\RT and change the following lines in excel - VBA - and save it.

FileName = "C:\MyCSV.csv" should be changed to FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv"
and
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\MyCSV.csv", True) should be changed to Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)

Enjoy Realtime feed. :rofl:
:clapping:

This is really so exciting getting RT Feed in my Amibroker. I will surely do as you say above. Will change the UAC security settings again to as they were previously.

Best Regards.

sr114

4. PS : With 1 minute basetime interval in Amibroker I was successful in Backfilling the data from NEST PLUS . The backfill was very quick.

Thanks & Regards.
Josh1

this things occur when i try to fetch data from Nest Trader. is is due to the fact that Now is closed and the excel sheet gives N/A in the LTP,LTQ,LTT and other columns.
is there any way to run NOW and then Nest3 after the closure of NOW(equity market)?

by the way Nest follder added in the Trusted location.

regards
sr

Status
Not open for further replies.