Diary of a day trader - Part 2

Very important observation from today's NIFTY FUTURE Heikin Ashi Chart:
Even after so much 1 day fall, 1st RED Heikin Ashi candle showing a long tail more than 50% of (High - Low). ;)

Not many people used to analyse Heikin Ashi chart patterns (bcoz lack of study mat). Heikin Ashi Candle create different patterns than normal candle stick charts. Sometimes more useful than normal charts. :p

-----------

soft_trader

Whenever free tell us more about your approach to trade this market, like which charts you follow, time frame of trades other stuff like margin, brokerage etc,

Cheers
:thumb:
To be true, I don't have any system. I don't use charts that much. In the morning I just look at the EUR-USD, JPY-USD and Dollar Index charts from investing.com to get a general idea of trend. I don't use any indicators or any chart setups. Just follow price action.

What do you mean by margin? Are you talking about the leverage provided by the broker?

Trading CDS in RKG. Already sent forms to VPS, I will shift to VPS within few weeks.

Thanks

Yes i meant leverage/margin, what are the market timings. the quotes on cds are with quantity as 1, is it 1 lot, if so what is the lot size? or if you can, you may give me some like with all this basics

Cheers
::thumb::

EDIT:Google Maharaj showed this

Code:
Underlying		Rate of exchange between one USD and INR
Trading Hours		09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.(Monday to Friday)
Contract Size		USD 1000
Tick Size	 	0.25 paise or INR 0.0025
Trading Period	 	Maximum expiration period of 12 months
Contract Months	 	12 near calendar months
Final Settlement date 	Last working day of the month (subject to holiday calendars)
Last Trading Day	Two working days prior to Final Settlement Date
Settlement	 	Cash settled
Final Settlement Price	The reference rate fixed by RBI two working days prior to the final settlement date will be used for final settlement
Thanks

Last edited:

soft_trader

Thanks

Yes i meant leverage/margin, what are the market timings. the quotes on cds are with quantity as 1, is it 1 lot, if so what is the lot size? or if you can, you may give me some like with all this basics

Cheers
:thumb:

Thanks
Don't use double colon like this " :: " before and after the emotion symbol.

Example: You are using ' :: thumb :: ' instead use a single colon like this ' : thumb : ' without spaces.

What you got from Google is correct. Every tick movement in currency contracts means Rs. 2.50/- so a movement of 1 paisa per lot will give you Rs. 10/-

RKG gives 2x margin for intraday. VPS not giving any intraday leverage. Let's see if we can negotiate with them to provide some leverage.

To know more about CDS please visit this link:
http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/curr_der/cd_contract_specifications.htm
http://www.axisbank.com/download/CF-CONNECT-E-LEARNING-Module.pdf

Last edited:
What a swift down move by USDINR!!!
Yeah.. I should've trailed it. I sold and booked out at 54.8250 !!

Softy, have you noticed that USDINR seems to reverse about 5 paisa when the gap between LTP and ATP is about 12 paisa ??