Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

veluri1967

Hello,

A small querry. I have just opened Sharekhan a/c. I am in 0.02% intraday slab.

Today i have traded intraday Unitech. I am attaching the trades details.

Sharekhan sent me a SMS adding 0.10 ps to Buy price and deducting 0.12 ps from Sell price, thus making a total of 0.22 ps brokerage in total. The share price is below Rs.90. Effecting brokerage comes to 0.24% including brokrage and other charges. Is it correct? Or there is some fault in charging brokerage.

Please clarify so that I can challenge sharekhan for their fault.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi All
Indiabulls is charging Re.1 for every transaction as Stamp Duty charges. Is it legible?
When i called up the helpdesk, they said that Stamp Duty charge of Re.1 will be charged for transactions below Rs.1,00,000.
In my contract note the following charges have been made for transaction
  • Brokerage
  • Service Tax
  • STT
  • Stamp Duty
  • Transaction charges(includes Exchange Transaction Charges, SEBI Fees and Service Tax)

Stamp Duty is always Re.1 for Delivery transactions. Is it normal charges?

shanki99

Hi Shanki ,

1. How is ventura secu...Do they give ODN clnt or web based clnt ?
  2. How is the brokerage - Do they charge something monthly like RKGLOBAL or is it like Sharekhan / Indiabulls who do not charge monthly for the software .
  3. What is the brokerage for Options ( e.g IF i BUY NIFTY CE@5100 Pre=133 - what would the brokerage be charged on ...either on buy or on sell ?
  4. How is their service ?
1. No ODIN, they have their own software which is called POINTER...which is stable enough to deal with.
2. They have various schemes. Check Ventura1 . com
3. Options i really dont know, i think the min is 35 rs. And for Fut they charge only on the sell side
4. Chennai ventura service is very good.

hope this helps

Hi Friends,

I've been using ICICIDirect for the past 5 yrs. Apart from the high brokerage charge which comes around 0.9% (.75 + STT+ service tax etc) I dont have any problems with the platform. I trade 3-4 times per month.
Its really easy to handle money b/w savings a/c and demat a/c. They do have SPOT trading (you can cashin the share within the same day you had transaction)
They do transaction for BSE and NSE.

But because of the high brokerage, you would need atleast 2% up for a share you are trading to make profit.

Just 'coz the high brokerage fee, now I'm considering to switching to either Sharekhan or Sbicapsec.

Does sharekhan provide BSE trading? what all banks do they have a/c links? is it easy to move money b/w them?

is anyone using Sbicapsec ? any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I've been using ICICIDirect for the past 5 yrs. Apart from the high brokerage charge which comes around 0.9% (.75 + STT+ service tax etc)
Has ICICIDIRECT reduced brokerage? Today I got a mail offering 0.55%+Tax brokerage for any turnover under a new plan w.e.f. Jan 2010 against existing 0.75% which will be based on turnover.

Can anyone confirm?

Dear friends,
This is my experience with icicidirect.
1.Their charges are high.
2.software interface is poor. (web based and is painfully slow regarding 'Best 5 offers ' display)
3.Very painful experience several times, when a best opportunity to place an order missed several times due to poor server response.

Some plus points:
1.Offers margin incentives in day trading if margin plus is done frequently.
2.Both BSE/NSE trading available.

Yes, they have reduced the brokerage fees to 0.55% flat (on I-Secure plan, which is suitable for those who trade less than 25 lakh per quarter)

It will take effect on next quarter (ie. starting Jan 2010) if you opt for it before Jan.

If your trade volume is high, then go for I-Saver ( 0.25 for above 5 crore, and 0.30 for 2-5 crore etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.