cheapest brokerage

which is the best broker house

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does sound attractive if you can trade any account with this Odin assuming you have multiple accounts....:clapping:
Two ODINs cannot co-exist on the same computer. I have accounts with Kotak and Religare. I can never use web-based trading platform which I have found too restrictive. Religare is in the process of upgrading their ODIN platform to include MCX currency trading. This means that you can do both equity and currency from the same ODIN platform.

The best thing to do is to have a separate computer for each account, or alternatively, opt for one ODIN account and one proprietary software account like Indiabulls, IndiaInfoline etc. Although I have not personally tried it but I suspect that ODIN may not conflict with another proprietary software. Is there anyone here who has tried such two software combination on the same pc and would like to share his/her experience??

alroyraj

Two ODINs cannot co-exist on the same computer. I have accounts with Kotak and Religare. I can never use web-based trading platform which I have found too restrictive. Religare is in the process of upgrading their ODIN platform to include MCX currency trading. This means that you can do both equity and currency from the same ODIN platform.

The best thing to do is to have a separate computer for each account, or alternatively, opt for one ODIN account and one proprietary software account like Indiabulls, IndiaInfoline etc. Although I have not personally tried it but I suspect that ODIN may not conflict with another proprietary software. Is there anyone here who has tried such two software combination on the same pc and would like to share his/her experience??
Here is the solution.

http://www.traderji.com/software-issues/39316-angel-diet-rkglobal-diet-pc.html

What's the configuration for your pc?

technically they both can be run at the same time if you use virtual machine environment.

it's a bit complicated , and i wouldn't recommend it to a newbie.

Do not play with your OS registry, but if you are desperate, always create a backup BEFORE you edit it.

if you are on win 7 and use (win xp mode),you would need a compatible processor for it, google it!, you can seamlessly use both odin's at the same time without any problems, and it's just as easy as minimizing one and using another.

I would warn you though that the above process HAS NOT BEEN TRIED by me and therefore you are pretty much on your own if you wish to try, btw below are other solutions that might work :-

the problem lies in the registry, installing odin for one broker, does not make a unique entry for that broker in the registry, it creates a single entry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODIN", now if another similar registry entry could me made to co-exist there wouldn't have been any problems, but windows does not allow such a feature yet! i.e until win 7,(may be in the future they would, i mean they have done a damn good job with "WinSXS" "windows side by side feature")

so the only way around this problem is to create an entirely different registry, either only for the application or a completely new registry, if you are in the know, you may use

1. "sandboxie" to emulate virtual registry for odin, or

2. "VMware ThinApp"(not a freeware.) to create a portable version, you would have to do it everytime the broker upgrades, patches the reg entries for odin or upgrades the "master files"(the files which hold the information about the exchange scrips). (Not a good idea)

3. "VMware Player" (freeware) (you will still need win xp image, google how to make a image with your win xp disc for vmware player) to create a virtual machine for xp , install one of the odin's in it. (highly recommended, only if you know what you are doing).

Note:- All the above mentioned methods Have NOT been tried by me but they should work especially the one's about the virtual machine.

Thanks alroy for digging up that info for me. But as you can see, even for a retired computer engr. like me, that method is complicated prone to unpleasant surprises and lots of tweaking Plus it has not been tried even by the author. I'd rather not be a guinea pig for this. The easiest would be to install it on a separate pc with peace of mind.:)

How do find Indiabulls platform in general?

alroyraj

Thanks alroy for digging up that info for me. But as you can see, even for a retired computer engr. like me, that method is complicated prone to unpleasant surprises and lots of tweaking Plus it has not been tried even by the author. I'd rather not be a guinea pig for this. The easiest would be to install it on a separate pc with peace of mind.:)

How do find Indiabulls platform in general?
Indiabulls platform seems to be the best platform to avail technical analysis indicators on an intraday basis, streaming quotes are quick. They do provide good leverage 12.045 times in equity and 2 times in futures (So say for 1 mini nifty in RKG it takes 15,000 the same amount allows u to trade 3 minis in Indiabulls). Nowadays when the market moves fast it freezes quite often. And since they added the security token it takes a while to log in and every 1 hour if no activity is detected it logs off so can be quite irritating,rest all is fine.Of course there is no backfill in the software.

Indiabulls platform seems to be the best platform to avail technical analysis indicators on an intraday basis, streaming quotes are quick. They do provide good leverage 12.045 times in equity and 2 times in futures (So say for 1 mini nifty in RKG it takes 15,000 the same amount allows u to trade 3 minis in Indiabulls). Nowadays when the market moves fast it freezes quite often. And since they added the security token it takes a while to log in and every 1 hour if no activity is detected it logs off so can be quite irritating,rest all is fine.Of course there is no backfill in the software.
RKG blocks 10,336 for 1 lot Minifty as of today, i.e. nearly 10%. Indiabulls also blocks 10% margin but they have introduced a concept of Intraday Futures Margin which is half of actual margin. So if u book 1 lot Minifty for Intraday, they block nearly 5,200 but if u want to carry the position overnight u need to have 10,400.

alroyraj

RKG blocks 10,336 for 1 lot Minifty as of today, i.e. nearly 10%. Indiabulls also blocks 10% margin but they have introduced a concept of Intraday Futures Margin which is half of actual margin. So if u book 1 lot Minifty for Intraday, they block nearly 5,200 but if u want to carry the position overnight u need to have 10,400.
Their website mentions for futures they block the NSE margin or 15% whichever is higher so took it from that.Thanks for the clarification.

I use TTAdv of IIFL and odin of RKG...they can be used simultaneously ..no problem at all..

I'm using Sharekhan's TradeTiger and RK Globals ODIN simultaneously in the same PC. Faced no problem at all.