cheapest brokerage

which is the best broker house

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what problems you have with Kotak, everything seems to be fine for me for the past 3 years. I have used ICICI Direct once... and it was real bad.Motilal is also very good. My Brother trades using that. KEAT wasn't very good but manageable but now the "KEAT Pro" is really superb!

My guess is you should try out the new version.
eventhough kotak is systamatic their brokerage is higher &the relationship withtraders are like government officials&public

India Infoline seems to be included above, Kotak is a non entity,hardly any here on TJ use:!,imagine its that bad-poor terminal:gun2:,delayed quotes, higher charges weird trading calls that make Ashwani Gujral look like a genius!
I am still unable to understand why do you again and again badmouth Kotak's KEAT Pro for providing delayed quotes? Can you back that with any kind of proof please?

I have been watching keat pro's quotes full day for more than 4 months now and I still haven/t encountered this delayed quote problem you always speak of. :confused:

I am attaching a screenshot of Keat pro taken today as proof. Kindly post such screenshots where you find any significant kind of delay in real time quotes. Also plz tell what is that you find horrible in Keat pro's look and feel that you call it 'bad-poor terminal'.

nac

I am still unable to understand why do you again and again badmouth Kotak's KEAT Pro for providing delayed quotes? Can you back that with any kind of proof please?

I have been watching keat pro's quotes full day for more than 4 months now and I still haven/t encountered this delayed quote problem you always speak of. :confused:

I am attaching a screenshot of Keat pro taken today as proof. Kindly post such screenshots where you find any significant kind of delay in real time quotes. Also plz tell what is that you find horrible in Keat pro's look and feel that you call it 'bad-poor terminal'.
Don't take it hard smarty... That should be his personal experience with keat. He just shares his experience. That won't be his primary intention to ditch keat pro. I have worked with four platforms, I have never seen any of 'em working with zero delay (RT). It's obvious that all of 'em are delayed atleast a second or two. We ain't placing our orders directly to NSE/BSE. We traders > broker, broker > exchange then getting confirmation from exchange > broker, broker > our terminal. Obviously, there will be some delay in quotes/feeds...

Most of the time, I get my orders executed before I see the price. Rarely, I see the price when my orders getting executed.

It's good that you are getting real time quotes. Fortunately or unfortunately I haven't worked in keat. I better try it once. :)

Last edited:
Don't take it hard smarty... That should be his personal experience with keat. He just shares his experience. That won't be his primary intention to ditch keat pro. I have worked with four platforms, I have never seen any of 'em working with zero delay (RT). It's obvious that all of 'em are delayed atleast a second or two. We ain't placing our orders directly to NSE/BSE. We traders > broker, broker > exchange then getting confirmation from exchange > broker, broker > our terminal. Obviously, there will be some delay in quotes/feeds...

Most of the time, I get my orders executed before I see the price. Rarely, I see the price when my orders get executed.

It's good that you are getting real time quotes. Fortunately or unfortunately I haven't worked in keat. I better try it once. :)
I ain't taking it too hard mate. :D

See, the thing is that I have previously also asked him about this claim of his about Keat Pro being slow and giving delayed quotes than others but he didn't answer it. However, whenever there is any mention of Kotak or Keat here at traderji he jumps in with his claim of Kotak's trading platform being among the worst in the market and giving delayed quotes. Is it unfair that I ask him to tell me more about the reason of his constant badmouthing of Keat?

As far as this being his personal experience of Kotak and Keat then I don't think he has mentioned that he is a client of Kotak or at least was a client of Kotak in recent times. Let him confirm this. Where as I am a client of Kotak and haven't found anything like that he claims about Keat and have never heard anyone else ,other than him, complain about delayed quotes etc. That is why I ask him to give some proof like screen shots etc. for the benefit of others here.

However I do concur with him on high brokerage part. It's minimum brokerage percentage rates is certainly among the highest in the Industry, may be the highest in Industry. I mean once you see the flat low brokerage rates of the likes of RKGlobal the charges you see @ Kotak and others seem like day light robbery.
Now coming to the order execution part I do agree with you that our orders filled even before we see the price on our terminal. My experience has also been the same.

Good that you brought up the topic of Order execution. I have never seen anyone talk about it when one talks about choosing or evaluating a broker. May be all the brokers are the same in this aspect, so no one talks about it at all. But in my opinion reliability of order execution and its speed is more crucial than charting capability of the brokers trading platform. In this aspect also I have found Keat to be excellent.

I don't know what problems you have with Kotak, everything seems to be fine for me for the past 3 years. I have used ICICI Direct once... and it was real bad.Motilal is also very good. My Brother trades using that. KEAT wasn't very good but manageable but now the "KEAT Pro" is really superb!

My guess is you should try out the new version.
Totally agree with you mate. Keat Pro look and feel is IMO the most impressive among all desi brokerage firms. The only others that come close to it is IndiaBulls and Sharekhan's trading software.

ADITYA BIRLA MONEY....

Guys, would appreciate if someone can tell me about Aditya Birla Money. Is it reliable and does it charge reasonable brokerage?

Thanks in advance.

anayash

In my search of the cheapest brokerage houses, I had read somewhere that some brokers offer monthly fixed brokerage plans to their clients! I am not talking abt prepaid brokerage here...its fixed brokerage irrespective of the trading capital & volumes!

e.g. say brokerage Rs. 1000/month for trading 100 shares of Rs.100 each & same brokerage for trading 10000 shares of Rs. 1000 each!

its a very lucrative package for a day trader who trades with high volumes!

anybody aware of a brokerage house offering any such plans?

So far, I've used the services of 5 (+1 demo account) brokers:
1) Religare - the worst of the lot in terms of customer service and response, an unpredictable trading terminal(Race PRO) and the worst translation of promise into reality. :annoyed: :mad:
2) ICICI -the web based version. Did not allow order placing after 2:50 pm at that time. Brokerage rates were on the exorbitantly high side. But the system generally never timed out or logged out.
3) IndiaInfoline - Best in terms of customer service. Rates are not known to be the best, but its still competitive. ONE OF THE best terminals out there, though most people prefer the old TT as the new one- esp the brand new v3- is clunky and memory eating. But I personally know big traders who've had their money refunded because of issues from IIFL side. So peace of mind is a big plus. :thumb:
4) Ventura - So far, what has come across to me as the best. There is the limitation that exposure is limited to 4x margin money and that stocks are not treated as instruments for margin. I've found customer service- tech support & trading related- to be spot on so far. Terminal is so far- amongst whatever I've used- the best in terms of order execution speeds and reliability. It is also very light and consistently updated, as it is developed and maintained by TCS. Charting is limited, but present. Order placing available till exchange closes. In case you short some stock and forget to square it off by EOD, they give you T+2 to buy it back into holding. Prepaid brokerage schemes also offer attractive rates. :thumb:
5) Reliance money- I used their web-based version. Low brokerage. The biggest fib again was inability to place orders after 2:55 pm. But then, pretty good performance for a browser based system. Since they've migrated to a quasi-web based system now, the experience ought to be better, though the order placement deadline day traders will remain a nightmare.
6) Anagram - Used only their demo account. Terminal was good. NEAT users will feel right at home. Brokerages were a little on the higher side, but customer service seemed good. (Then again, everyone does offer good service until you open an account. But these guys are supposed to be good at customer service).

I'll also be trying out Kotak's KEAT and Sharekhan(if possible) over this coming year.

Note: Should this be on some thread like "Best brokers based on personal experience?"?

anayash

In my search of the cheapest brokerage houses, I had read somewhere that some brokers offer monthly fixed brokerage plans to their clients! I am not talking abt prepaid brokerage here...its fixed brokerage irrespective of the trading capital & volumes!

e.g. say brokerage Rs. 1000/month for trading 100 shares of Rs.100 each & same brokerage for trading 10000 shares of Rs. 1000 each!

its a very lucrative package for a day trader who trades with high volumes!

anybody aware of a brokerage house offering any such plans?

I'll also be trying out Kotak's KEAT and Sharekhan(if possible) over this coming year.

Note: Should this be on some thread like "Best brokers based on personal experience?"?

while i was making my above post in this thread....my queries were already being answered in another thread....the Zerodha thread! the thread has picked up some good momentum now with most of the user queries being answered by Zerodha!

m planning to open an account soon!

@eey....go thru dat thread if u haven't already & check their website! i bet u wud also want to open ur next account there!

here's the link:
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/45967-new-cheapest-broker-here-zerodha.html

Last edited:

mithoon

1) Religare - the worst of the lot in terms of customer service and response, an unpredictable trading terminal(Race PRO) and the worst translation of promise into reality. :annoyed: :mad:
2) ICICI -the web based version. Did not allow order placing after 2:50 pm at that time. Brokerage rates were on the exorbitantly high side. But the system generally never timed out or logged out.
3) IndiaInfoline - Best in terms of customer service. Rates are not known to be the best, but its still competitive. ONE OF THE best terminals out there, though most people prefer the old TT as the new one- esp the brand new v3- is clunky and memory eating. But I personally know big traders who've had their money refunded because of issues from IIFL side. So peace of mind is a big plus. :thumb:
4) Ventura - So far, what has come across to me as the best. There is the limitation that exposure is limited to 4x margin money and that stocks are not treated as instruments for margin. I've found customer service- tech support & trading related- to be spot on so far. Terminal is so far- amongst whatever I've used- the best in terms of order execution speeds and reliability. It is also very light and consistently updated, as it is developed and maintained by TCS. Charting is limited, but present. Order placing available till exchange closes. In case you short some stock and forget to square it off by EOD, they give you T+2 to buy it back into holding. Prepaid brokerage schemes also offer attractive rates. :thumb:
5) Reliance money- I used their web-based version. Low brokerage. The biggest fib again was inability to place orders after 2:55 pm. But then, pretty good performance for a browser based system. Since they've migrated to a quasi-web based system now, the experience ought to be better, though the order placement deadline day traders will remain a nightmare.
6) Anagram - Used only their demo account. Terminal was good. NEAT users will feel right at home. Brokerages were a little on the higher side, but customer service seemed good. (Then again, everyone does offer good service until you open an account. But these guys are supposed to be good at customer service).

i totally agree with u on ventura1,its time u try RK global-Rs-9 per lot on options&fut