Amit's Trading Diary and Notes

NIFTY is volatile. RBI left stuff unchanged.
Bought more NIFTY 6300 CE at 5.00/-
Average price of position : 7.50/-
what exactly are you hoping to achive buying the nifty 6300 ce when current nifhty is at 5755? save yout time and money
Firstly, Thanks for sending your comments, ryan4ucar.
I don`t intend to wait for these lots to finish in-the-money. I just need a 2-4 day rally to increase the values of these lots, for a quick exit.

Thanks for reading and commenting,
Amit

mkbsiva

what exactly are you hoping to achive buying the nifty 6300 ce when current nifhty is at 5755? save yout time and money
Still 21 trading days left for august expiry....

anything is possible....

Nifty took 21 trading days to travel from 5566 to 6093....

thats 527 points....

now Amit is betting for another 500 points.... from tomorrow...

also he has given the reason for his bullish stance...!!!

Lets see...:)

Still 21 trading days left for august expiry....

anything is possible....

Nifty took 21 trading days to travel from 5566 to 6093....

thats 527 points....

now Amit is betting for another 500 points.... from tomorrow...

also he has given the reason for his bullish stance...!!!

Lets see...:)
Hi mkbsiva,
Thank you for taking the time to read, contemplate and reply :)
I am actually looking for a rapid 200 pt up-move in 4 days (starting in 3-4 day, at max). Hoping for more, feels like wishful thinking with the rupee being as cheap as it is.
These options models seem to be volatility-sensitive.
Else I will exit the postition.
Thanks,
Amit

Hi,
It has been a month lacking any secular trend. The only markets that have moved up in this time has been US markets. Makes me rue not buying a position the N100, Motilal Oswal's NASDAQ ETF. I though wish there were derivatives based on ETFs, in India. :(

I am sitting on cash, apart from the options, I bought. This week is when I will have to sell that position, in case of no moves in the market. That can only happen if Rupee goes up. So, RBI has to do something here. :annoyed:

My Portfolio:

Symbol, Entry Price, %Gain, % of Portfolio
NIFTY 6300 CE 6.67, -65.65%, 0.48%
CASH, 0.00, 0.00%, 99.52%

Thanks,
Amit

PS: btw, I reported by entry position wrongly at 7.50/-. I am sorry. :down:

Hi,
What a bearish Friday! The only thing good about this week is high volatility.
I bought SINTEX at 22.75/- today.
NIFTY Aug 6300 CE look to expire worthless. I was going to sell them, only to recollect the inherent limited-loss nature of options.

Thanks,
Amit

Sold off the NIFTY 6300 CE. The trade hinged on RBI is defending the Rupee.
Bought some N100s at 196 & 199.90.
Thanks
Amit

Last edited:
Hi,
Another delayed entry. I have had no new trades. That made it pointless to log anything. :)
The NIFTY and INR-USD are falling in tandem. The fear of Tapering is making the Hot Money move from BRICs to US. So, the fall seems logical. RBI doesn't want to defend the Rupee because probably, it doesn't want to expend resources, fighting a economic reality. I guess, RBI can`t do much here. If it increases the interest rates, a deep recession is around the corner.

I have been keeping "the power dry". Low number of trades and averaging-in have helped me. As, a result, my portfolio fell about 0.06% when NIFTY fell 8.67% in the period 15th July to 18th August. :)

My Portfolio (at this time):
Symbol, Entry Price, %Gain, % of Portfolio
N100 197.50, 2.03%, 7.49%
CASH, 0.00, 0.00%, 92.51%

Explanation:
I bought some N100s. NASDAQ is enjoying a strong up-trend. This should continue until BRICs become cheap enough again.

Also,
I sold off NIFTY Aug 6300 CE at 0.75/- at a loss of -88.76%. The trade was based on RBI, defending the rupee. They didn't. Small position size kept the losses down. :annoyed:

Thanks for reading,
Amit