1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prabhsingh

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

The MAX CGH in OI has shifted from 5300-5900 to 5700-5900. The 5700 PE build is going on... From 2L it is now 4.7L. 5900 CE still the highest at 13.7L.
Hope a double bottom is being formed at 5760
5700 PE is again decreasing and close to 2.4L.Good thing is Nifty has not broken 5760 levels.

dineshN

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

It decreased quite fast but surprisingly not much movement on CE side. It is quite strong!

prabhsingh

It decreased quite fast but surprisingly not much movement on CE side. It is quite strong!
Other thing is 5700PE Volume are more than 5800 CE which might mean that people are willing to grab 5700 PE as compared to 5800CE.

Hello Raj Sir

I reinstalled office 2010 and MTP 3.5 started working. But the problem remains with OTP. I Did what dinesh said but it does not let me save or even exit VB editor, the error keeps coming and after some time the out of memory error pops up after which excel is closed. I am unable to make any changes. the next time I open the error sequence continues and in references it shows MISSING : Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0(SP6) .
How can it be solved?
Thanks
Satya

Hello,

I replaced MSCOMCTL.OCX in my system with another version and everything works fine. Will start paper trading from tomorrow using these tools.
Thanks to Raj and dinesh for their help.

Thanks
Satya

dineshN

After so much of hassle you got it working and you are talking about paper trading!!! Comoooooooon do some real trading. :lol:

No No, do as per your plan! Best of luck!! Also now a days there is plenty of info on how to read option data table.

Correct. Where is the OptionTrader who was asking for the Option Tool etcc..
My apologies... i gave up following the thread mid way as most of the questions were directed at solving problems in the tool... i would request you to start 2 new threads if possible ..
1) Exclusively on options covering day and positional
2) Exclusively on your MTP tool & OTP
3) Continue the current thread to solve issues with tool

I just read through pages 175-179 and see some interesting patterns based on Volume and OI that you have uncovered. I'm not sure if i can trade these as i prefer not to stick to the terminal... so Intraday is out of question for me

A few other interesting observations on solely based on OI that ws observed
- A trend looks to be developing in the market when OI reaches >70L
** for eg if 5800 CE breaches 70L... participants are bearish and downtrend is in progress
- A change in OI > 10% indicates the particular direction feeling pressure..
** for eg if change in OI in 5600 PE changes >10%(-ve) i.e (Change in OI/OI)% then bulls are running for cover

Based on these you could also initiate corresponding sell positions.

Last edited:

I hope you are all benefitting with my regular posts on Option Analysis, as I am also learning at the same time. Would also appreciate any different ideas or counter points because the problem with my knowledge is that I have not learnt this trading formerly from anybody and I am learning with my own intuition and observation... So please help so that we can all learn through experience. I find this Option analysis interesting. I find it one of the best ways to know the Trend and the Direction.
I think you are on to something here... only pitfall is , OI can change at flip of a switch intraday... so need t obe careful when trading intrading using Options table as most of the times, institutional investors use options to also hedge their positions

Option Analysis Tool.

Based on the Observations in the past one week, I am basically developing the Option Analysis Tool.

The logic is as follows.
1. The OptionsChain Data is downloaded from NSEIndia.com - using the url http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp?symbol=NIFTY. This link will always give the current month data. So we don't have to specifiy the expiry date
2. The Futures Data is downloaded from NSEIndia.com - This is more for information - using the url http://www.nseindia.com/live_market.../fomwatchsymbol.jsp?key=NIFTY&Fut_Opt=Futures
3. Find out where the MAX CHG in OI happened in CE and PE - This would be used to calculate the daily range and direction. (I had used Volume first but it is not giving the right direction).
4. Find out where the MAX OI is in CE and PE - This would be used to calculate the weekly / positional range and direction.
5. The daily range will be used to calculate the daily, Low, High and Pivot and similarly for Weekly.
6. If CE positions are greater than PE positions then it is SELL and vice versa.
7. Please note that this is just a beginning and I am not using any Price movement.
8. Based on further observations we can keep fine tuning the tool.

The tool can used to Analyze for any NSE Index or Stock which are traded in F&O.

Welcome your suggestions and comments.
2 things
1) Option URL is a bit tricky sometimes... there are two URLs.. one with symbol code as symbolCode=-10006 and other with symbolCode=-10003. Sometimes when you open the Option chain link in NSE there is a difference in Spot price shown at top right corner and as part of Option chain data... sometimes more than 40 points.. that is when you need to alternate the URL to fetch the correct table where both numbers are same

2) you can also look at using the FII derivative statistic available at
FII derivatives statistic
Basically comparing with previous days data could show surprising insights about what FII's have in mind as they are majority traders in derivatives

shown some past data for your reference