Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flock

Hi Traderji,

Please see if search can be improved. In the advanced search we should have the ability to use 'and' and 'or' searches. That is any of the words or all the words. Many times searches return empty with the message 'Word is too common and was ignored'

Also is there any way to go to a post directly given the post number (not page number).

Regards

This suggestion is for Traderji. I expect the forum moderators to be professional, in moderating the forum. what it means is if a post has not violated any rule or terms/conditions of the forum, then it should not be possible to delete the post even for a moderator.

If a particular moderator can delete any post which does not violate any rule but just has an opinion of a members who does not subscribe to the other's views then it can not be called professional forum. In such cases atleast a reason for deleting a post should be given.

these second class moderators should not be given the delete privilege. the forum will be more useful if even the moderators follow the rules apart from members. moderators should not be able to do man-moughi.

U

uasish

This suggestion is for Traderji. I expect the forum moderators to be professional, in moderating the forum. what it means is if a post has not violated any rule or terms/conditions of the forum, then it should not be possible to delete the post even for a moderator.

If a particular moderator can delete any post which does not violate any rule but just has an opinion of a members who does not subscribe to the other's views then it can not be called professional forum. In such cases atleast a reason for deleting a post should be given.

these second class moderators should not be given the delete privilege. the forum will be more useful if even the moderators follow the rules apart from members. moderators should not be able to do man-moughi.
I second this whole-heartedly.

To clarify,the Deletion of Posts is upto the discretion of Traderji alone.No "second class moderator" can delete any post or thread.All these posts are sent to Traderji and then he and he alone decides on the deletion of posts.If Traderji feels that a certain post is removed from public eye that does not require deletion,he reserves the right to reinstate that thread or post.If he agrees with the action taken by these "second class mods",then he goes on to delete that particular post/thread.

Saint

U

uasish

To clarify,the Deletion of Posts is upto the discretion of Traderji alone.No "second class moderator" can delete any post or thread.All these posts are sent to Traderji and then he and he alone decides on the deletion of posts.If Traderji feels that a certain post is removed from public eye that does not require deletion,he reserves the right to reinstate that thread or post.If he agrees with the action taken by these "second class mods",then he goes on to delete that particular post/thread.

Saint
Hope now it is clarified about the 2nd class mods.:D

Traderji

Super Moderator

The final decision to delete posts or ban members are taken by me. FYI, I object to the term "second class" mods. I personally think that they are doing and excellent job here. Rather than critisizing the mods here if you have any suggestions bring them to my notice.

TFL

Dear Traderji sir,

It was miserable to see that the Request to 'Jesse' started by our very own Uasish closed very soon.

I cannot in anyway tolerate to such a close by you sir. There are many alternative options to maintain that thread rather than an early closure. If this is the policy of Traderji, then any one can easily make him close any thread of this forum by just doing 1 or 2 days group campaign.

After all the bad guys are happy now...they hit their target....but we are the loosers....

I strongly requesting Traderji/Uasish/Saint/CV to reconsider the re-opening of the thread. Do you feel like this? then place requests...

Thank you.
Haribird.

Traderji

Super Moderator
Dear Traderji sir,

It was miserable to see that the Request to 'Jesse' started by our very own Uasish closed very soon.

I cannot in anyway tolerate to such a close by you sir. There are many alternative options to maintain that thread rather than an early closure. If this is the policy of Traderji, then any one can easily make him close any thread of this forum by just doing 1 or 2 days group campaign.

After all the bad guys are happy now...they hit their target....but we are the loosers....

I strongly requesting Traderji/Uasish/Saint/CV to reconsider the re-opening of the thread. Do you feel like this? then place requests...

Thank you.
Haribird.
I appreciate your concern and in future I would suggest opening of any such important thread at the http://www.traderji.com/advanced-trading-strategies/ forum where only old members with at least 100 posts can participate in the discussion and other members can only view those threads. At the moment we have 195 members satisfying this criteria.

This will keep the important threads - interesting to read - unlike what we have at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.