Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkarnani

A very good suggestion RK. Once when I wanted to review my old favorites of AJAY and AMITBE, had to go through much time-consuming process.

Also some forums are coerced to delete years old posts because of load on bandwidth. If that ever happens we may loose good posts.

Maybe if people are willing to contribute, we can get rid of chat/sarcastic/dumb one-liners. Personally I keep deleting mine own chit-chat from time to time.
The latest is a Get well soon messages posted in The 60 minutes thread!!! No doubt its the genuine feeling poured out there, but irrelevant to the topic!!!Well if we wish to delete them with least hassle, we need some way for multiple deletion and/ or easier process to delete!!!
Trust Traderji will look into it!!
Thanks for seconding my suggestion!!

The latest is a Get well soon messages posted in The 60 minutes thread!!! No doubt its the genuine feeling poured out there, but irrelevant to the topic!!!Well if we wish to delete them with least hassle, we need some way for multiple deletion and/ or easier process to delete!!!
Trust Traderji will look into it!!
Thanks for seconding my suggestion!!
RK,

Am sure Traderji will give you a proper response to your query about deletion,etc.

As for genuine outpouring of feelings,better that than a lot of nonsense that goes on.No bad blood comes out of the above,a few posts later,we are all back to the business of trading......Once unnecessary posts,infighting posts,sarcastic posts,gender-based posts,talking about what they had for dinner posts,etc are deleted,.............we can then think of deleting posts that spring out of genuine emotion.

But agreed with your concern ....Traderji the best to answer your doubts.

Saint

rkkarnani

RK,

Am sure Traderji will give you a proper response to your query about deletion,etc.

As for genuine outpouring of feelings,better that than a lot of nonsense that goes on.No bad blood comes out of the above,a few posts later,we are all back to the business of trading......Once unnecessary posts,infighting posts,sarcastic posts,gender-based posts,talking about what they had for dinner posts,etc are deleted,.............we can then think of deleting posts that spring out of genuine emotion.

But agreed with your concern ....Traderji the best to answer your doubts.

Saint
Saint, I agree with you in toto, this out pouring was the latest hence had quoted it, my main concern is the growing size of a VERY RELEVANT thread just becoz of some posts which are relevant only for some time!!! If the same can be reduced many will benefit who are trying to go through the relevent part for the first time or re revisng their concepts!!!
Thanks for lending support to my view!!!
Regards
R K Karnani

Prabhjeet

But the problem remains who decides what is required and whats a waste. Take the example of 60 min. thread if we just keep on saying buy here, sell there, add there what importance would remain of that thread then, it would be like trading the mechanical systems.

I think we do have some very logical and helpful discussions though it may be filling the thread unnecesarily but think of a newbie who just gets to learn something new, may be a new idea that experienced people know but not hin so why bar these so called unwanted posts, I dont think any discussion even if it goes out of the context of system is not wanted, knowledge is never wasted it will help somewhere.

I somewhat agree with deleting the get well kind of posts that were there last day but believe me this shows the essence of a group working together & it would come up again & again

Regards

rkkarnani

But the problem remains who decides what is required and whats a waste. Take the example of 60 min. thread if we just keep on saying buy here, sell there, add there what importance would remain of that thread then, it would be like trading the mechanical systems.

I think we do have some very logical and helpful discussions though it may be filling the thread unnecesarily but think of a newbie who just gets to learn something new, may be a new idea that experienced people know but not hin so why bar these so called unwanted posts, I dont think any discussion even if it goes out of the context of system is not wanted, knowledge is never wasted it will help somewhere.

I somewhat agree with deleting the get well kind of posts that were there last day but believe me this shows the essence of a group working together & it would come up again & again

Regards
Hi Prabhjeet, Seems I could not make my self clear!!! I want to have a platform where "I can delete MY OWN posts with least hassles"!!!
Its me , the original poster of the message who decides which of his post is to be deleted!!!!
As in PM's we get an option to select multiple messages to delete at one go!!! Something similar is what I seek for the Main Forum!!!

I remove mine own chit-chat and here's how to:

Click on your username on the top right corner of page. Then in your profile click on staitistics->find all posts by 'user'. Then you can see in summary which have been redundant.

D

darsh_goswami

Click on your username on the top right corner of page. Then in your profile click on staitistics->find all posts by 'user'. Then you can see in summary which have been redundant.
In that case you wont be left with any posts at all .. :D :D

C

Czar

I dont know if its possible, but can a thread chat box kind off thing be there at right side of the thread a small chat box (the one we see in many blog) so in any thread the chit which happens may happen there & memory enough for 50/100 scrolling lines or so ? worth trying, if possible...

Or atleast try it in the most popular threads if not all, so atleast the chit like hi, welcome, good one, etc can happen there & not waste thread space...

rkkarnani

Trader111, SO far so good!!! We get the summary and can see which one are redundant, BUT how to select multiple posts and delete them in one go!!!! If with the summary we get a small box to select the messages and delete them, as we can do in Personal Message Folders!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.