WEBOTRON : Powerful Technical Analysis Software for non technical persons...

Hi Aaplana

The cost of the s/w Ami is mentioned in different places as $169, $199 and $279.
What is the actual cost of it ? One time payment or any plan for monthly fee ?
Please let me know which one is favourable / you've taken.

In trading,
Dayder.

aaplana

Hi Aaplana

The cost of the s/w Ami is mentioned in different places as $169, $199 and $279.
What is the actual cost of it ? One time payment or any plan for monthly fee ?
Please let me know which one is favourable / you've taken.

In trading,
Dayder.
I have downloaded trail version which is free, The restriction is, it does save anything whatever data u uplaod or draw any figure on chart, otherwise one can use its full functionality.
I m just trying it know and its really very powerful charting s/w.
Charges are only onetime.

Aaplana

MurAtt

Dear Linkon7

Have downloaded and installed WT as per instructions. ALso downloaded the bhavcopies and they have successfully been imported into WT.

BUT

I am getting stuck at one place, the bhavcopies we get are for EQ. What abt Nifty bhavcopy, does the BhavyaIT downloader download the Nifty bhavcopy? Can u guide me to download that please.

Thanks in advance ...

linkon7

Dear Linkon7

Have downloaded and installed WT as per instructions. ALso downloaded the bhavcopies and they have successfully been imported into WT.

BUT

I am getting stuck at one place, the bhavcopies we get are for EQ. What abt Nifty bhavcopy, does the BhavyaIT downloader download the Nifty bhavcopy? Can u guide me to download that please.

Thanks in advance ...
BhavyaIT downloader downloads the Nifty bhavcopy (cash) and the futures bhavcopy

i have updated the first post with a working WT download link. it also has a java applet inside that converts the nifty bhavcopy (cash, not the futures) into stocks.csv files for WT to analyze.

incase u want to analyze "nifty" then download the historical data from http ://in.finance. yahoo.com for ^nsie, the last date has to to be manually entered into the ^nsie.csv file.

MurAtt

BhavyaIT downloader downloads the Nifty bhavcopy (cash) and the futures bhavcopy

i have updated the first post with a working WT download link. it also has a java applet inside that converts the nifty bhavcopy (cash, not the futures) into stocks.csv files for WT to analyze.

incase u want to analyze "nifty" then download the historical data from http ://in.finance. yahoo.com for ^nsie, the last date has to to be manually entered into the ^nsie.csv file.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Now taking it into another level, can we configure the WT for 5 min data?
After EOD there are many websites which provide FREE 5min/1min/Tick data for AB, MS, csv format.

If we can download these, convert using the RUN.BAT (which I think has to be modified by your friend to suit the format) and upload into WT, will it work.
Will the reports generated be of better substance i.e. stronger buy/sell/trend calls etc?

Of course, this is just an idea and maybe its nothing or maybe its going to become something very big ...

Murtaza

aaplana

Gotcha. Thanks.

After EOD there are many websites which provide FREE 5min/1min/Tick data for AB, MS, csv format.

If we can download these, convert using the RUN.BAT (which I think has to be modified by your friend to suit the format) and upload into WT, will it work.
Will the reports generated be of better substance i.e. stronger buy/sell/trend calls etc?

Of course, this is just an idea and maybe its nothing or maybe its going to become something very big ...

Murtaza
Will u give the name who provided free 5min/1min/Tick data for AB, MS, csv format.

Aaplana

linkon7

Gotcha. Thanks.

Murtaza

i havnt tried using 5 min data. I really feel that it can be very useful if such a thing can be done. All the trading systems are built in. the user interface is very user friendly. but its the data source thats the problem. i had tried using data from PIB and converting it to WT long time back. the whole process had a big time lag (about 2 to 5 min) and the data transfer rate isnt consistant.

I have switched to amibroker now and use tdi as data source. the biggest problem i am facing with the current setup is the premium fluctuating wildly compared to nifty spot. Gets me on the nerves sometime. by the time i get a buy / sell call on nifty spot the premium jumps to my disadvantage. Often the discount of 10 to 12 points comes down to 2 to 3 points or vice versa.

you seem to trade using yahoo charts and do a fine job at that. i admire ur judgement. spot on...most of the time....! maybe we can chat sometime and exchange views....

MurAtt

i havnt tried using 5 min data. I really feel that it can be very useful if such a thing can be done. All the trading systems are built in. the user interface is very user friendly. but its the data source thats the problem. i had tried using data from PIB and converting it to WT long time back. the whole process had a big time lag (about 2 to 5 min) and the data transfer rate isnt consistant.

I have switched to amibroker now and use tdi as data source. the biggest problem i am facing with the current setup is the premium fluctuating wildly compared to nifty spot. Gets me on the nerves sometime. by the time i get a buy / sell call on nifty spot the premium jumps to my disadvantage. Often the discount of 10 to 12 points comes down to 2 to 3 points or vice versa.

you seem to trade using yahoo charts and do a fine job at that. i admire ur judgement. spot on...most of the time....! maybe we can chat sometime and exchange views....

I use Yahoo 5 min. But I trade very less. Am just absorbing / learning. Maybe that is why my trade ideas are much nearer - no fear no greed - that removes the error factor.

But there's a big downside - I tend to think, after predicting such such pt rise, I have not made any dough ....

@Aaplana - You can get from Yahoo - tick data into AB - but how realtime, I'm not sure. I'll post the link later when I get it, I have to search for it.

@ Linkon - Re WT, another problem is the addiditon of data. Data is not added/appened into the CSV - that means everyday after downloading a new Bhavcopy, ALL the files have to be patched with the RUN.BAT - right (that's what I am having to do everyday) or am I missing something here?

linkon7

I use Yahoo 5 min. But I trade very less. Am just absorbing / learning. Maybe that is why my trade ideas are much nearer - no fear no greed - that removes the error factor.

But there's a big downside - I tend to think, after predicting such such pt rise, I have not made any dough ....

@ Linkon - Re WT, another problem is the addiditon of data. Data is not added/appened into the CSV - that means everyday after downloading a new Bhavcopy, ALL the files have to be patched with the RUN.BAT - right (that's what I am having to do everyday) or am I missing something here?
I think u r going a fine job. It's fear of losses that will make u win this market. the moment u loose the fear and you'll lose money as well. A mentor once told me that market decides how much profit to give u only thing i can control is the loss. no fear no greed does remove the error factor....

for WT, its basically meant for US markets. I managed to modify it for nse stocks. everyday after downloading a new Bhavcopy, ALL the files have to be patched with the RUN.BAT. havnt found any alternative for that yet...