Very Beginer level Questions

Hi Mevaibhav,

1. When I sell my Shares , who buys ??

Like you decided to sell, there is someone who is ready to buy based on their analysis, simple as that

2. When I Buy my Shares , has the potential seller already shorted his shares , or how does the system knows that this one person wants to sell at the price you are buying...

No, they have entered the sell order and is waiting for the match which happens at exchange level. It is time, price based matching by exchange. Once a match happens both sides orders are executed.

3. For every trade , there is a buyer and a seller, Then how come there is always a buyer and a seller ready for a transaction , I mean to say it never happens that when you sell a share , the trade cannot complete as no one is ready to buy it..or vice versa , Does it happen ???

Same as answer to question # 2
Hi amsin, Great answer for I really like that because it's really simple and short.

Custom software development

bunti_k23

best of luck to you vibhor iam looking forward to ur thread ,will be regular visitor .update your thread accordingly:thumb:

hey frnds..
Hope you all are doing well.
I have started trading in US equity. Intraday trading in equity is a very different experience for me as i have never did it before in indian equity.
If anyone know any strategy to work on in equity, kindly share it. I am also trying to develop my own strategy.
My trading is going on flat or i can say a bit negative now, because i have done loss yesterday..
Some times i get hopeless after loss. Kindly share any idea to come over this problem.
Thanks..

jagankris

hey frnds..
I have started trading in US equity. Intraday trading in equity is a very different experience for me as i have never did it before in indian equity.
If anyone know any strategy to work on in equity, kindly share it. I am also trying to develop my own strategy.
My trading is going on flat or i can say a bit negative now, because i have done loss yesterday..
Some times i get hopeless after loss. Kindly share any idea to come over this problem.
Thanks..
Dear Vibhor,

Just to have an understanding

What are the bottle necks you are facing right now ?
Are you allowed to trade Dowjones(Index) or only stocks ? (Someone has mentioned before that trading not allowed in the first hour,only trading in stocks allowed etc)
What is the capital given ?
Are you allowed to trade right from the market opening ?
Do you have scanning provisions ?
When are you allowed to close your positions till end of the market or before ?
What kind of sw is given for you for chart reading ?
Are you practicing Tape reading like you were mentioning some where?

one promising strategy
http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/97853-profitable-intrady-strategy.html

Last edited:

amsin21

hey frnds..
Thanks..
Hi Vibhor,

Good to hear from you. First I'll tell you something about your feeling after loss. It's not my words; it's from our mighty Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam ...

• If you fail, never give up because FAIL means "First Attempt In Learning"

• End is not the end, in fact, END means "Effort Never Dies"

• If you get No as an answer, remember NO means "Next Opportunity"

I'm having these lovely words on my working table. Every wrong position SL hit, I read these great words. Everything you wan't to know is there in these words.

Next strategy:

I use Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (Kijun Sen, Senkou Span A & B only) and Linear regression channel. Both can be used to trade any instrument, any time frames. Only indicator I use is OBV. Doing great for me.

Read these books/sites for a better understanding :

http://www.ichimokutrader.com/

Books :

Channel Surfing Riding the Waves of Channels to Profitable Trading - Michael Parsons

Trading with Ichimoku Clouds: The Essential Guide to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Analysis - Manesh Patel

Ichimoku Charts: An introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds (Harriman Trading) - Nicole Elliott

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition - Steve Nison

Best wishes ... :thumb:

Dear Vibhor,

Just to have an understanding

What are the bottle necks you are facing right now ?
Are you allowed to trade Dowjones(Index) or only stocks ? (Someone has mentioned before that trading not allowed in the first hour,only trading in stocks allowed etc)
What is the capital given ?
Are you allowed to trade right from the market opening ?
Do you have scanning provisions ?
When are you allowed to close your positions till end of the market or before ?
What kind of sw is given for you for chart reading ?
Are you practicing Tape reading like you were mentioning some where?

one promising strategy
http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/97853-profitable-intrady-strategy.html
Hi jagan,
Right now i am confused in trading strategy and stock selection. There are so many stocks in US markets and i am new in this market. So i don't know about any stock. Now a days i am searching for good stocks which can be good to trade in intraday.
Yes, here we can trade only in stocks, because index can be traded in derivatives and we are trading equity only. But we can trade the ETF here. Every index has there ETF. Dow jones has their ETF i.e DIA.
Comapny gave us 2000$.
If you are profitable then they allowed us to trade from the opening. We have 2 $ trade lock. Means if we loss over 2 $ then we cannot trade on that day. When market opens, the stocks move very fast and if anyone take position and got the trade lock, then he cannot trade on that day. He has to sit there till the market close. That is why company tell us not to trade in first and last hour. But if you are profitable, then no one say you not to trade in first hour.
We can close our trade at any time before market close.
They didn't give us any software for charting. That is the worst part. We saw charts on our trading platform software i.e TAKION. or we see the charts on different websites.
Yes i am trying to analyze tape reading. But it is very difficult for me, because till now i was totally dependent on charts. But here most of the traders trade on tape. They can analyze the support and resistance by tape reading.
Thanks...:)

Hi Vibhor,

Good to hear from you. First I'll tell you something about your feeling after loss. It's not my words; it's from our mighty Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam ...

• If you fail, never give up because FAIL means "First Attempt In Learning"

• End is not the end, in fact, END means "Effort Never Dies"

• If you get No as an answer, remember NO means "Next Opportunity"

I'm having these lovely words on my working table. Every wrong position SL hit, I read these great words. Everything you wan't to know is there in these words.

Next strategy:

I use Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (Kijun Sen, Senkou Span A & B only) and Linear regression channel. Both can be used to trade any instrument, any time frames. Only indicator I use is OBV. Doing great for me.

Read these books/sites for a better understanding :

http://www.ichimokutrader.com/

Books :

Channel Surfing Riding the Waves of Channels to Profitable Trading - Michael Parsons

Trading with Ichimoku Clouds: The Essential Guide to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Analysis - Manesh Patel

Ichimoku Charts: An introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds (Harriman Trading) - Nicole Elliott

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition - Steve Nison

Best wishes ... :thumb:
Hi amsin Bro!!

Lovely words these are.
thanks for sharing these words
and thanks for the trading strategy. I will learn this strategy and will let you know if i face any difficulty.:thumb:

jagankris

Hi jagan,
Right now i am confused in trading strategy and stock selection. There are so many stocks in US markets and i am new in this market. So i don't know about any stock. Now a days i am searching for good stocks which can be good to trade in intraday.
Yes, here we can trade only in stocks, because index can be traded in derivatives and we are trading equity only. But we can trade the ETF here. Every index has there ETF. Dow jones has their ETF i.e DIA.
Comapny gave us 2000$.
If you are profitable then they allowed us to trade from the opening. We have 2 $ trade lock. Means if we loss over 2 $ then we cannot trade on that day. When market opens, the stocks move very fast and if anyone take position and got the trade lock, then he cannot trade on that day. He has to sit there till the market close. That is why company tell us not to trade in first and last hour. But if you are profitable, then no one say you not to trade in first hour.
We can close our trade at any time before market close.
They didn't give us any software for charting. That is the worst part. We saw charts on our trading platform software i.e TAKION. or we see the charts on different websites.
Yes i am trying to analyze tape reading. But it is very difficult for me, because till now i was totally dependent on charts. But here most of the traders trade on tape. They can analyze the support and resistance by tape reading.
Thanks...:)
Tape reading has to be done in conjunction with charts and will take time to master.So for the time being focus on winning the 2$'s.

So for the time being I guess you can trade just penny stocks or stock value 1 to 5 shares max < 100$.

Does your trading paltform chart gives you historical data or only the current day chart ?

Tape reading has to be done in conjunction with charts and will take time to master.So for the time being focus on winning the 2$'s.

So for the time being I guess you can trade just penny stocks or stock value 1 to 5 shares max < 100$.

Does your trading paltform chart gives you historical data or only the current day chart ?
The software only shows the intraday charts..