Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP)

Re: which is best ULIP

Hi All,

I'm software professional,
One of friend who is a Bajaj allianz agent suggesting me to take Bajaj Allianz "Unit gain single premium policy". He said that they will invest 98% of the amount.

Hi all idea about this policy???
I'm planning to invest 50K in single premium???
Can I go for this or MFs???

Your inputs are very much help me for me....

Thanks
Venklatesh.k

should you need insurance at all it would be more prudent to opt for a term plan + invest in a mutual fund which would be give better returns that an investment in ulips.
As a matter of fact the groups having presence in both mutual fund and insurance, The gains garnered by mutual funds are much higher than the schemes of insurance companies of the same group.

Have you read this thread? :rolleyes:

Hi All,

One of friend who is a Bajaj allianz agent suggesting me to take Bajaj Allianz "Unit gain single premium policy". He said that they will invest 98% of the amount.

Thanks
Venklatesh.k

I have a doubt. Suppose you take an TATA AIG Gold ULIP (less than an year since inception). The minimum is 50,000/year. the present NAV is approx 14.7. You pay this amount for 5 years. consider that the present NAV increases by 40-60% yearly. And also it is a closed fund for the term and after there is an option of redemption or continue. but you redeem only a part and keep the rest. (important coz you still get the tax benefit even after the period is over)

a) there must be some tax benefits other than just the charges everyone talks about
b) even if there are charges, the tax advantage must surely weigh against the disadvantage of the charges.
c) how different would be this particular ULIP against say ELSS.

thanks

You can get a term insurance from LIC for 10 lakhs for the annual premium of less than 5000 Rs. Invest the remaining 45,000/- Rs in a diversified mutual fund (check the 5 star/4 star rated funds in www.valueresearchonline.com). So you can earn more... depends on your risk portfolio....

Hi All,

Thanks
Venklatesh.k

Re: Suggestion for ULIP Plan

As stated in so many threads, ULIPs are not good investment tools due to their massive monthly charges. Plan investing in ELSS & take a good term end plan separately.
You can find numerous reviews about ULIPs in various threads on traderji!

ELSS vs ULIPS

hi all
i sorry for asking such a basic question .. i am navie to this matters..
i am thinking of investing some 50000 in some tax saving schemes..
i don't want any life insurance coverage..
so i don't know whether i shud be going for ULIPS or not..

one more thing i have to go for ELSS do i have to invest in NFOs are some already existing well performing funds?
Please list me in which funds do i need to invest..
Thanks in advance
Madhu

Re: ELSS vs ULIPS

Welcome to investment world
Prefer ELSS over ULIP esp. when u dont need insurance.
Never place a bet on NFO
You may choose:
Birla Sunlife Tax Adv96
Principal Tax saver
Fidelity Tax Adv

Cheers