True Data India [TDI] : What are your experience - worth subscribing RT service??

Is it worth subscribing to TDI (Yahoo) ?

• Total voters
hey nisha,
i know how u feel... had been breaking my head with quote tracker myself for some time... and infact left them few weeks back. was on the look out for better RT feeds and as suggested by many tried TDI also. tried their demo for 5 days and dropped them too...

as for ur doubts ...TDI has little reliability. since im sure u r aware they are not data feeds just a utility to get data from yahoo... and yahoo ..well anybody in the market who's been arnd for sometimes knows how reliable they are!!

ticks are not missing but they suddenly just disappear. yahoo goes dwn and takes TDI with it. ask the support and those guys can naturally say nothing other than mam yahoo servers are dwn.

so in jumping from one feed to the other i have now reached the third provider mentioned by many on this forum. was on trial run of MDP( http://www.market-data-provider.com) they give nse futures mcx live data.found what i was looking for there. speed- excellent, quality -gr8.. no ticks missing as u asked.. and support was the best... ppl out there are online 24hrs... all queries recieved promt reply... so have already purchased the 3 months package.

try it out!! worked for me... make the most of the current apparent rise!!

cheers
rashmi

Last edited:
Hi nisha,
am following up your thread on to see if you got any valuable insights on good RT feeds. For cash i can use any of the existing free providers, but for F&O i guess iam narrowing down to Esignal.

so before i subscribe there, i am holding for a bit to see if something else is available.

pls do update if you happen to find one reliable feed.

cheers
ren

The data problems with TDI remain... although to be fair have seen a number of them get resolved over the last few years like - extreme peaks in some rates (like 30000 as tick price in all the stocks) and the resultant manual cleaning up in amibroker... also the difference in time between yahoo and nse servers...

Missing data is still an issue and you may be without data for the whole day - if yahoo data is out of action that day and yes the response is only - sorry mam - yahoo server is not there... well, the good thing is that it forces you to believe in god as you pray that your positions are not hit that day.

Next day you may get a zipped file from kapil (in case the backfill is not working) to import manually in amibroker - which may call for a decent amount of manual work as some times the symbols in amibroker are - ABB.NS and sometimes ABB.NS-Intraday (depends on whether you are using tdi or tdii). Last time it took me over an hour to sort this out using excel and python scripts.... but now I am better prepared...

This software also seems to open several (a few hundred??) parallel IE connections to the server for updating data so the surfing may be slower... as a result it also downloads several thousand temporary files during a day's session (which it cleans only on next startup).

(interestingly yahoo seems to charge $10 for a month's direct data feed but TDI charges about Rs 540 per month from each client, when it seems to be just reusing the same data...)

A good feature of the software is the alerts functionality - system and windows alert which can execute once.

Last edited:
market-data-provider=> does it update ticks only for the scrip opened on chart window

Hello forum members,

I am grateful to all members especially itsmerashmi, nishasingh82 for their valuable feedback.

My request to members who have used market-data-provider, please help me with this issue:-

In another forum someone commented that market-data-provider utility updates tick data only for the scrip chart that is open in the charting software and not all scrips.

This snag may pose problems while run live scanning, picks will be based on past ticks.

Please verify is this is so,,,,---- by running the scan and noting the last tick-time for a couple of scrips..., .

I request both Metastock as well as Amibroker users to verify this.

eagerly waiting for your feedback

Thanks and regards

hi
u r using the tick mode. use the exploration mode in DP which gives u OHLCV of all cash and futures to run live scan/exploration.

problem solved? buy me a beer!!:thumb:

Oh is that so,,,, trader1010 ji,,,, thanks a ton for your prompt reply

beer,, definitely if you provide me the opportunity,,, and this would be
the 1st beer bottle I would buy in my life,,, a teetotaler--- never tried this before,, haha

hi
u r using the tick mode. use the exploration mode in DP which gives u OHLCV of all cash and futures to run live scan/exploration.

problem solved? buy me a beer!!:thumb:
one more query,,, can we export data --- future quotes to Excel-DDE, live from DP utility,,,

do they provide options data,,....

thanks and regards

hi,
as far as i know their data is encrypted and do not allow export in any form. but last i talked to support they told me that they are going to provide rt data for advanced get, fibotrader and ninja trader. even trade station is planned. for me this covers nearly all softwares i have ever used.

Here's a flash --- market-data-provider

actually their standard package rt3 [cash+fut real time] does not support live scan-----

it only updates live data for the 1 scrip that is opened on the screen - 1 at a time, not for all scrips

"live scan" is another add on product - costs $ 22 p m for 1 min simultaneous live update of "s&p500+futures"