Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NANDAMAD

As you guys know I am Swing Long in a Falling market. I had recently closed my shorts and had gone short due to the reasoning given in SG's thread. I have marked the points where I am long on Bnifty and Nifty. Same trades were posted two days back.

Swing Longs are taken because,

1) My bias on market remains on the upside
2) Expecting significant upside if these levels sustain
3) Markets are at important support.

Just an explanation of the same.

Bank Nifty

Nifty

Tc
Sir,

Aaap ke mooh me ghee shakkar for telling that markets are @ imp support level. Hope it gives me chance to come out of my long positions. Thanks
Please keeep guiding sir, with experience people on the thread, atleast we do
not panic

SwingKing

Sir,

Aaap ke mooh me ghee shakkar for telling that markets are @ imp support level. Hope it gives me chance to come out of my long positions. Thanks
Please keeep guiding sir, with experience people on the thread, atleast we do
not panic
It is at support level. But it can be violated.

Dont try to buy falling market. I know how to do it and hence I attempt it.

Tc

Re: Congratulations, Sir!

Congratulations Raunak Sir for you becoming the Moderator.

Have started following your thread only a couple of days earlier. (only a few months old on TJ). Find it very enriching. Will get more time on weekend to go thru the same at leisure and understand it in a more matured way.

I would love to learn how to read charts..

but then that's too far away... right now, I am pretty worried as to when would markets move up... I was long since December end and added position when NF was @ 6100..

However, I still believe that markets are bound to go up and hence, am sticking on to my positions.

EagleOne,

Thanks for the wonderful message.

Let me answer what you have written in points. I lack "the gift to write" the way you do and hence I feel it is more appropriate if I do so this way.

1. Thank you for your wishes.
2. I have always tried to remain polite and gentle whenever anyone has approached me. I know what anxiety and fear do to one's confidence and hence if my words help calming someone down, then I would have my purpose resolved. I even know what it is to lose money in markets. Hence whatever I write here, I do so to ensure no one goes through a phase of consistently losing money at least. I don't know how successful I am in doing so, but that does not deter me from writing what I know.

SwingKing

*New Initiative at Traderji.com*

Please read below a new Initiative at Traderji.com.

What is Member's Forum?

As a continuous effort to improve the quality of the forum, a new section of forum is being launched. Members forum is a section where only pre – approved members of Traderji.com would be allowed to participate. Member‟s forum would contain small sub forums exclusively managed by Members of the main forum. At present we are launching the first Sub forum “Advanced Traders and Strategies” which will be managed by SwingKing. It is a section which will promote members to become self sustained traders and will encourage such traders to take the initiative to make the next generation traders independent.

What would the “Advanced Traders and Strategies” Forum contain?

Right from exclusive trading techniques to research reports to live trades, everything would be made available to the listed members. Once the listed members make it on their own, onus will be on them to develop the next breed of traders. At member‟s forum, we are trying to build a small family within the Traderji family to promote new ideas both in Investing and Trading for the betterment of all.

What is the Criteria of Membership?

At present we are focusing on getting those members onboard who thrive on contributing back to the community. That is, conscious effort will be taken to keep out tips and opinions seekers. The modus operandi of this sub forum is to focus on quality and not quantity. Development can only happen when we think independently and not fall in the trap of “Group think”.

Who will decide the Membership?

The Moderator of the Sub forum within the Member‟s forum would decide the membership. They will use their judgment in deciding whom to invite for this section. Any rejection to any member should not be perceived as a snub. On the contrary, it should motivate the members to enhance their skill set to make it to this section in order to enhance their skills further.

How would we ensure contribution from members?

In this sub section, everyone would have to contribute in some extent or other to remain a member of this group. To ensure this, every month, members would have to contribute one „new‟ idea to the “Idea Box”. An idea could come in the form of New Trading system, Modification to existing system, Money management technique or something towards any dimension of trading. This is done to encourage one to think independently. Unless and until you develop the habit of thinking, you will never make it on your own as a Trader. Hence, we are essentially pushing you to think independently.

What will be the Access rights of this Forum?

Every user of this Site can "Read" what is being discussed here. However, only "Members" of this sub forum will be allowed to "Read" and "Write" in this section. This is mainly done to ensure "Clean" discussions.

Will participation reduce in the Main forum?

Not at all. It will remain the same as it was before.

How to Join this Group?

Either you can "Click" on the apply button seen on the front page. Or you can use this link http://www.traderji.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups to apply for membership.

When will this Section begin

Currently we are targeting to get it running from the 3rd Week of January. Things have to be structured and the same is underway. All membership requests will be looked into once the forum is in place. Please be patient.

Link of the Sub forum - http://www.traderji.com/advanced-traders-strategies/48835-introduction.html#post513353

Tc

Last edited:

SwingKing

Sir,

Any tentative upside numbers that you can give .. I am holding longs from yesterday.. Got scared in the morning... but remembered your 5690 chart... and held on..
Holding Jan Nifty Futures.
Krushi123,

First of all, its good to be afraid. It will prevent you from making mistakes.

After the move we have had in the past hour, I would not like to look at 5690. I would look in a band of 5670-5690. Below this band, I am off my trades. As far as targets are concerned, I honestly don't know. When you feel you have made enough profits off this deal, just exit your position.

I will carry my positions till we move substantially higher or till we breach the band.

But keep SL in mind and trade well.

Tc

DanPickUp

People were falling over each other to buy SBI yesterday. It touched a high of 2689 yesterday. I did not participate in that rally. So, today, I bought at dips.

At first shorted SBI @2634 and covered @2624. But soon, SBI was @ 2640 levels. There was a lot of strength, as every dip was being bought into. So, I went long.

First @2620, from where SBI had bounced in the morning. Then, added @2609, then @2601, then @2580, then @2573 and finally @2560. All these positions were added after carefully watching SBI linger at these levels for some time, often going higher.

I kept adding at dips... whenever I saw some stability, but it kept cracking downwards...

Any stoploss level for SBI? I don't want to carry it to 2400 levels...!
Hi gauharjk

Average range in the last few days have been by 80 until 100 points per day. 50 points are reached now as I write this post by 2580. If the market can take yesterdays last swing high around 2580 we may could see 2600. If this is taken, the way up to 2640 is more or less free.

Adding to go long in a down trend is very risky. If you can avoid that in the future, do so.

Watch the level now and if the market not can take this level, I would reduce the positions 2580, 2573 and 2560 very quickly. My positions then would be left to half and my risk is reduced to half.

Stop loss is made by you with your risk profile and I do not know it. I know, it must be high, the way you take risk.

Just my ideas and no advice to take any action on that. If you do so, it is on your own response. Change your money management for the next time.

DanPickUp