Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Re: Congratulations, Sir!

Raunak ji
Congratulations on becoming one of TJ's moderator. I have no idea what it means apart from the having the previlage to delete posts. :) I hope, being a worldly wise, widely-travelled gentleman, you won't exercise this whimsical previlage as other super-duper mods, whom I lovingly call Toms&Jerrys, and who are so averse to criticism. Nor would you, I hope, allow my good friend, Dan, to drive down from the mountains in his PickUp and demand to Ban people with avatars he hates. That is, all in all you will remember Voltaire.

I make sure to come to your thread whenever I am on TJ - even for just a cursary glance. And I always found you a patient, friendly and gentle teacher. The very first page of your thread is a rite of baptism for the uninitated chart reader.

Other thing, I must say, in praise of your rightly-earned respect from your students, is this: Some of them are in direct contact with me; and whenever we discuss charts etc., they call you 'Raunak Sir'. I think it tells more than the words carry.

You may disagree with my observation but in my opinion, we all are in the most ruthless, most honest, most fascinating business - stock trading. And yet, people like you, SG, Saint, Columbus, HuntwithTrader, Gangadharan, and many more noble souls take time to share their hard earned, tear stained experiences with the novice - and that too, for free! I salute you all. Whatever I am today as trader, the credit goes to people like you, sir.

My sincere wish is: one day many traders, looking at lakhs in their ledger, would say as your worthy student, Gangadharan, a thorough gentleman, would love to say: It is all because of my guru, Raunak Sir.

May you live long and happy. And Happy Lohari.

P.S. Can't help it, so, allow me to pull your leg. Please get rid of this new name 'SwingKing' and revert to the previous. I mean, I wouldn't like to be one who'd say after looking at the lakhs in my ledger: It is all because of SwingKing. God! Won't it remind them of the genre of films like 'Deep Throat'? :D
EagleOne,

Thanks for the wonderful message.

Let me answer what you have written in points. I lack "the gift to write" the way you do and hence I feel it is more appropriate if I do so this way.

1. Thank you for your wishes. At this stage all I can say is that I am going to be a strict "non biased" moderator. By strict I don't mean averse to criticism, but I mean promoting "constructive" criticism. I will edit and give warnings to users who invariably have the motive of disrupting discussions and making other contributors feel miserable. I feel all users here will back me on this. Criticism is fine and when I have been criticized, I have gracefully accepted it. But only if it is done the right way. As far as the posts are suitable for learning, I can assure you there would be no "Editing" from my part.

2. I have always tried to remain polite and gentle whenever anyone has approached me. I know what anxiety and fear do to one's confidence and hence if my words help calming someone down, then I would have my purpose resolved. I even know what it is to lose money in markets. Hence whatever I write here, I do so to ensure no one goes through a phase of consistently losing money at least. I don't know how successful I am in doing so, but that does not deter me from writing what I know.

3. Regarding ledger's of users all I can say is that if ever they earn what they earn, its entirely going to be because of their hard work and their sacrifices. The meaning of Hard work and Sacrifices in our business is entirely different. There's no perspiration, but there's a lot of determination. Former is easier to attain, whereas latter is the rarest of qualities possessed by man kind. For surviving in this business, one needs the knack to "Connect" and "Disconnect" constantly. This is precisely why one's ledger is an outcome of one's attitude, and not of anyone whom they follow or learn from.

4. Aren't you "Goofy"? If yes, then I loved your previous name. Can't say for the current one as you live in a Galaxy far far away. :)

Tc

P.S. - Name change was done due to some business related reasons. Can't explain here as it would be perceived as promotion of what I do.

EagleOne

Sai Venkat
So you are here! You forgot your special friend?!
Keep in touch, bro. :)

SwingKing

Dear SK, If you Pl share if you have specific system or way for scalp, I was't got chance at pullbacks 20 SMA to go for short also what stopping was its aggressive bullish rise of price movements..
Regards
Rajesh
Rajesh,

I posted one simple scalp strategy today.

Also, over weekend, I will show how Hindalco was scalped.

Tc

EagleOne

Re: Congratulations, Sir!

EagleOne,

Thanks for the wonderful message.

Let me answer what you have written in points. I lack "the gift to write" the way you do and hence I feel it is more appropriate if I do so this way.

1. Thank you for your wishes. At this stage all I can say is that I am going to be a strict "non biased" moderator. By strict I don't mean averse to criticism, but I mean promoting "constructive" criticism. I will edit and give warnings to users who invariably have the motive of disrupting discussions and making other contributors feel miserable. I feel all users here will back me on this. Criticism is fine and when I have been criticized, I have gracefully accepted it. But only if it is done the right way. As far as the posts are suitable for learning, I can assure you there would be no "Editing" from my part.

2. I have always tried to remain polite and gentle whenever anyone has approached me. I know what anxiety and fear do to one's confidence and hence if my words help calming someone down, then I would have my purpose resolved. I even know what it is to lose money in markets. Hence whatever I write here, I do so to ensure no one goes through a phase of consistently losing money at least. I don't know how successful I am in doing so, but that does not deter me from writing what I know.

3. Regarding ledger's of users all I can say is that if ever they earn what they earn, its entirely going to be because of their hard work and their sacrifices. The meaning of Hard work and Sacrifices in our business is entirely different. There's no perspiration, but there's a lot of determination. Former is easier to attain, whereas latter is the rarest of qualities possessed by man kind. For surviving in this business, one needs the knack to "Connect" and "Disconnect" constantly. This is precisely why one's ledger is an outcome of one's attitude, and not of anyone whom they follow or learn from.

4. Aren't you "Goofy"? If yes, then I loved your previous name. Can't say for the current one as you live in a Galaxy far far away. :)

Tc

P.S. - Name change was done due to some business related reasons. Can't explain here as it would be perceived as promotion of what I do.
Thank you, sir,

As far your new name thing was concerned, that was just a joke. hope you didn't mind. I have lived in the UK for so long as to develop a wry sense of humor.

Yes, Goofy was my previous avatar, in memory of certain happy times. My ex-GF gave me this name because I would make her laugh like mad. But then, I had to change it because another friend, who loves me very much, pleaded with me to change it! So..Idhar kooaan, udhar khaee, kahaan jaain hum bhai?!:)

And yes, I feel blessed for being given the chance by the Almighty to live among mountains, river, trees, wild animal and birds...it is a galaxy which is far, far away from megacities like London, Frankfurt and Delhi!

Good luck, sir. You are my teacher as well, remember this please - although I am a black sheep kind of student!:D

SwingKing

As you guys know I am Swing Long in a Falling market. I had recently closed my shorts and had gone short due to the reasoning given in SG's thread. I have marked the points where I am long on Bnifty and Nifty. Same trades were posted two days back.

Swing Longs are taken because,

1) My bias on market remains on the upside
2) Expecting significant upside if these levels sustain
3) Markets are at important support.

Just an explanation of the same.

Bank Nifty

Nifty

Tc

Last edited:

gauharjk

Hi Gauharjk

I do not trade this stock. Even then, I follow it, because I made an analyzes about it and posted it in this thread last week. It was an analyzes with out indicators, just on the charts from different time frames with some patterns, channels, trend lines and pivot lines.

I now see, that you choose the 2600 line to be a strong base.

I do not know, on witch time frame you see that. If you, for example, choose a five day time frame, which you can on yahoo finance, you will look at every day by it self.

If you now check support and resistance on each one of this five days, you will see, that 2600 is never a daily support or a daily resistance. It is always some where in between.

We call such zones : "The killing fields", as market can go up or down. Try to avoid this zones and try to place your trade more near resistance and support lines or points.

DanPickUp
People were falling over each other to buy SBI yesterday. It touched a high of 2689 yesterday. I did not participate in that rally. So, today, I bought at dips.

At first shorted SBI @2634 and covered @2624. But soon, SBI was @ 2640 levels. There was a lot of strength, as every dip was being bought into. So, I went long.

First @2620, from where SBI had bounced in the morning. Then, added @2609, then @2601, then @2580, then @2573 and finally @2560. All these positions were added after carefully watching SBI linger at these levels for some time, often going higher.

I kept adding at dips... whenever I saw some stability, but it kept cracking downwards...

Any stoploss level for SBI? I don't want to carry it to 2400 levels...!

Today's Most Important News:

Inflation data will come.
HDFC announces Q3 result.
Weak Asian Market.
US unemployment news...
Steel Authority of India net profit decl

so today i am bearish:)

DiwaliCrackers
Wish you Happy and Safe Trading

Today's Most Important News:

Inflation data will come.
HDFC announces Q3 result.
Weak Asian Market.
US unemployment news...
Steel Authority of India net profit decl

so today i am bearish:)

DiwaliCrackers
Wish you Happy and Safe Trading
TODAY inflation data ? yesterday I saw some 16% against last week of 18%. what it that? please help me to understand .