Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohangawale

WOD and others - Does it not remind you of budget day :D

So history does repeat itself :D and so the following days MAY get repeated too :D
Very true murtaza bhai.
we always see history to be repeated, new histories being made and again repeated. this is rule of stock market.:thumb:

WOD

WOD and others - Does it not remind you of budget day :D

So history does repeat itself :D and so the following days MAY get repeated too :D
Yup, SM bhai...same thing happened at budget day my PE's were at rs 275 at one point of time in morning and they went down to touch below 150 the same day.....:(

Lets hope we will have history repeated.......NR7 breakout/breakdown seldomly fails..

aapke mu me ghee-shakkar SM bhai...

lazytrader

Very true murtaza bhai.
we always see history to be repeated, new histories being made and again repeated. this is rule of stock market.:thumb:
Talking about history, I read this somewhere I don't remember:
For every bubble there is a pin in waiting, when the two meet a new generation of so called investors learn some very old lessons in trading

Simply can't stop admiring it. :D I think about it time and again.

rohangawale

Talking about history, I read this somewhere I don't remember:
For every bubble there is a pin in waiting, when the two meet a new generation of so called investors learn some very old lessons in trading
i HAVE READ IT IN THIS FORUM ONLY. IN WHICH THREAD THAT I DONT REMEMBER. BUT WILL POST WHEN COME ACROSS IT.

lazytrader

AW10

Mkt in Narrow Range. contraction is visible in all markets..
Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Index   Current              Average          Current              Average
        Daily Range        daily Rng           Wkly Rng          Wkly Rng
----------------------------------------------------------------------
NIFTY        96              123                 181               371
S&P500(US)   12              14                  19                36
FTSE (UK)   48               65                  113              163

Obvious question. So what ? This helps in getting the bigger picture.
Markets all over the world are in contraction currently (clear from daily as well as weekly timeframes) So expansion is expected at anytime.
- Get ready for breakout trades. Or use direction neutral option strategy.
- Be prepared to ride the expansion so that u can get most when market is supporting you.
- Reduce your position size during ranging market and be ready to add-in as you see the breakout.
- Use your own creativity and find out how to exploit the opportunity that is to come.

Looks like we are heading for another rangebound day today. Could be a breathing day after Wide Swing day (WS12) of yesterday. Remember the tuesday after the budget day that has the range of 73 pts after 346 pts range of budget day.. and then we had second leg of the drop taking us to 3900 levels from 4150 level.

Lets listen to the market and trade what we see.

Hope this perspective helps.

Happy Breakout trading.

Last edited:

lazytrader

Mkt in Narrow Range. contraction is visible in all markets..
Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Index   Current              Average          Current              Average
        Daily Range        daily Rng           Wkly Rng          Wkly Rng
NIFTY        96              123                 181               371
S&P500(US)   12              14                  19                36
FTSE (UK)   48               65                  113              163

Obvious question. So what ? This helps in getting the bigger picture.
Markets all over the world are in contraction currently (clear from daily as well as weekly timeframes) So expansion is expected at anytime.
- Get ready for breakout trades. Or use direction neutral option strategy.
- Be prepared to ride the expansion so that u can get most when market is supporting you.
- Reduce your position size during ranging market and be ready to add-in as you see the breakout.
- Use your own creativity and find out how to exploit the opportunity that is to come.

Looks like we are heading for another rangebound day today. Could be a breathing day after Wide Swing day (WS12) of yesterday. Remember the tuesday after the budget day that has the range of 73 pts after 346 pts range of budget day.. and then we had second leg of the drop taking us to 3900 levels from 4150 level.

Lets listen to the market and trade what we see.

Hope this perspective helps.

Happy Breakout trading.
Excellent analysis! thanks.
I think the breakout just happened in the US. Will have to check if it sustains.

WOD

AW, Can you please guide me to select SMA & EMA and one indicator to create a system...I am looking for a crossover based system whose trade signals will be confirmed by one indicator......also can you tell suggest me the timeframes (5/10/15/60 min) to trade with these tools.....

I know I am asking for kind of spoon feeding but your guidence will really show me the path.....

Status
Not open for further replies.