Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

veekay304

Its simple CCI 14 and CCI 6 plotted on the same graph. The rest of the stuff u see on the charts are just part of other studies that i keep under observations.

On the price u can add a EMA -34 and look for long trades when price is above ema-34 and short trades when price is below ema34.

use cci to buy the dips in a rally or when trend breaks on the cci.
Hello Linkon

can you elaborate more on the entry/exit using woodies CCI..

VK

veekay304

@ luv_stocks
sorry bro, I was just stating opinion then and then decided to do some number crunching. From 1st June to till date, we had a total of 18 occurrences of a range greater than 150 (excluding yesterday) and 11 times we broke out of the H4 or L4. and the average break out is about 33 points.

tomorrow CAM levels are
H4 : 5,249.75
H3 : 5,203.30
L3 : 5,110.40
L1 : 5,063.96

so it boils down to a 60% chance of breaking out of 5249 to 5280 levels. Big question is, is the figure realistic.

point to note is :
1. we did the third highest turnover yesterday in terms of volume.
2. Nifty futures (dec series) had a volume increase of 116% compared to day before.
3. we had a 3.31% OI addition yesterday and 4.3% OI addition today.
4. Sensex did a 500 pointer and thats a huge sentimental surge for the opening trade tomorrow.
5. We closed higher than the highest high of the last 6 trading days.
6. We are just 30-35 points short of the high of the year and punters and operators would love to end the year at a all time high.
7. PCR stands at 1.4 an addition of 0.24%
8. We opened at the low of the day and closed at the high of the day.
One more gem..:clap::clap::clap:

linkon7

Hello Linkon

can you elaborate more on the entry/exit using woodies CCI..

VK
We just need 3 indicators to use this setup and a bit of discipline and patience.
the three indicators are EMA 34 on the price. CCI 14 and CCI 6, both plotted on the same graph.

I posted some of the trades in the first few post.

First thing we look for is the angle of the 34 EMA. If its flat, then take your dog for a walk. Not worth sitting and speculating the direction simply b'cos we end with a 55-60% chance of a winner and almost 80-90% of the time, we screw it up. SL gets hit, we try to recover that amount and lose some more. Action time is when the angle is more than 15 degrees. A 45-60 degree inclination is the order pizza time, b'cos u got a a high probability of striking gold. and you can afford to give the delivery boy a good tip today.

A safer way to avoid this is to use the cams. if price is between H3 and L3, then its listen to the crap the experts say on CNBC, or watch a youtube video while patiently waiting for price to come between the L3 to L4 zone or H3 to H4 zone. Thats when u sit up, mute CNBC and watch the cci carefully. Price break in either direction is your entry.

CCI is explained beautifully in woodies CCI club,

http://www.woodiescciclub.com/start.htm

and is highly recommended to go though their videos. They dont even look at price charts and trade based on CCI only.

The CCI pane has 2 graphs, CCI 14 and CCi 6. CCI 6 is much faster and tends to whip a lot. It also give u a fair warning that entry / exit time is coming so watch cci 14 even more closely. levels of 100 and -100 is the first resistance / support. 200 and -200 represents the extreme.

CCI has to hit the 100 / -100 first and go beyond and then make a steady decline towards the zero line. The moment, it does a v turn and starts climbing again, thats ur cue to press the trigger. The V turn can be from below the zero line also, as long as the bar count is less than 6. A big IF is that price has to be above the 34 ema. IF price breaks the 34 ema and stays below that for 6 bars, then entry is not valid.

Another way to trade is draw trendlines and wait for it to break.

Horizontal lines can be used to pick area of support / resistance on the cci and a break of that line can also be a entry trigger.

Exit is preferably staggered. I exit 50% of my positions at 12 - 20 points. balance 25% is for the trend line break on CCI. and remaining i trail till SL is hit.

bandlab2

Its simple CCI 14 and CCI 6 plotted on the same graph. The rest of the stuff u see on the charts are just part of other studies that i keep under observations.

On the price u can add a EMA -34 and look for long trades when price is above ema-34 and short trades when price is below ema34.

use cci to buy the dips in a rally or when trend breaks on the cci.
thank you sir. what time frame u use ?

linkon7

I use range bars... this eliminates the flat moves that tends to screw up most indicators as time is taken out of the equation.

I prefer using a range of 3 or 5 for short term and a range of 10 or 15 for longer term.

veekay304

We just need 3 indicators to use this setup and a bit of discipline and patience.
the three indicators are EMA 34 on the price. CCI 14 and CCI 6, both plotted on the same graph.

I posted some of the trades in the first few post.

First thing we look for is the angle of the 34 EMA. If its flat, then take your dog for a walk. Not worth sitting and speculating the direction simply b'cos we end with a 55-60% chance of a winner and almost 80-90% of the time, we screw it up. SL gets hit, we try to recover that amount and lose some more. Action time is when the angle is more than 15 degrees. A 45-60 degree inclination is the order pizza time, b'cos u got a a high probability of striking gold. and you can afford to give the delivery boy a good tip today.

A safer way to avoid this is to use the cams. if price is between H3 and L3, then its listen to the crap the experts say on CNBC, or watch a youtube video while patiently waiting for price to come between the L3 to L4 zone or H3 to H4 zone. Thats when u sit up, mute CNBC and watch the cci carefully. Price break in either direction is your entry.

CCI is explained beautifully in woodies CCI club,

http://www.woodiescciclub.com/start.htm

and is highly recommended to go though their videos. They dont even look at price charts and trade based on CCI only.

The CCI pane has 2 graphs, CCI 14 and CCi 6. CCI 6 is much faster and tends to whip a lot. It also give u a fair warning that entry / exit time is coming so watch cci 14 even more closely. levels of 100 and -100 is the first resistance / support. 200 and -200 represents the extreme.

CCI has to hit the 100 / -100 first and go beyond and then make a steady decline towards the zero line. The moment, it does a v turn and starts climbing again, thats ur cue to press the trigger. The V turn can be from below the zero line also, as long as the bar count is less than 6. A big IF is that price has to be above the 34 ema. IF price breaks the 34 ema and stays below that for 6 bars, then entry is not valid.

Another way to trade is draw trendlines and wait for it to break.

Horizontal lines can be used to pick area of support / resistance on the cci and a break of that line can also be a entry trigger.

Exit is preferably staggered. I exit 50% of my positions at 12 - 20 points. balance 25% is for the trend line break on CCI. and remaining i trail till SL is hit.
Thanks Linkon for this... needs to study further on this... may put few more questions later..

thanks again
VK

Hi Bala,

Good to see u in this thread.If you are using candlestick, go for 5 min. I use candlestick and keep a time frame of 5 mins. Yesterday we have entered buy trade at 5010 and didn't stick to our original plan. or else would have made 130 points. Linkon is the master of this method. learning new stuffs everyday from him. Thanks Linkon.....
Sachin Samani.

Last edited:

linkon7

Market gave a flat opening....
all those who bot at the last min hoping for a gap up chickened out...
i exited my 5200 call when cci broke the horizontal support line.... and bot it back when it hooked from extreme...and broke trendline...

linkon7

Dont like trading NF at the top / bottom of a range... market always tends to make a fool of me and hit my sl...

I prefer the options route... been jobbing 5200 call for points here and there. My key level is 5191... and 5080... Thats a big range but no point trying to be a hero... Let the balance tilt to one side... after all we are the flea on the elephants back...

bandlab2

Hi Bala,

Good to see u in this thread.If you are using candlestick, go for 5 min. I use candlestick and keep a time frame of 5 mins. Yesterday we have entered buy trade at 5010 and didn't stick to our original plan. or else would have made 130 points. Linkon is the master of this method. learning new stuffs everyday from him. Thanks Linkon.....
Sachin Samani.
hi sachin, good to learn you are trading this method. will ping you later with more questions on the setup. i dont see you online these days. ping me if you see me online