Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

linkon7

Sir,
I'm new in trading.I have a small doubt. how do you trade nifty index? can we buy n sell nifty index like we do in stocks? thanks in advance.....
Yes, its the future of the index. something like betting on the price where nifty index might close at 3.30 on last thursday of the month. people trade it like stocks, only difference is u are dealing with futures. Its high risk, high return game. unless u are sure of what your line of action will be in every possible scenario.... you will find it tough to make consistent profits...

linkon7

linkon,

if you dont mind can u post the AFLs you are using for this method ? also what time frame u use ?

thanks a lot
Its simple CCI 14 and CCI 6 plotted on the same graph. The rest of the stuff u see on the charts are just part of other studies that i keep under observations.

On the price u can add a EMA -34 and look for long trades when price is above ema-34 and short trades when price is below ema34.

use cci to buy the dips in a rally or when trend breaks on the cci.

linkon7

@ linkon7
when the range expands like today, will cam levels work tomorrow. since expected break out range will be be very high.
We had a range of 168 points today. We opened at the low of the day and closed almost at the high of the day. That,s a massive short squeeze and fresh long additions towards the end. It points to a gap up tomorrow and a definite break of the 5191 high. Of course, global cues can be the party popper and in case they decide to behave, then we can have a continuation of todays dream run.

Cams dont work on nifty if the range is greater that 100-120. normally such days we end up opening between H3 and H4 and stay there for the whole day.

how do u plan to play tomorrow.
We did close above the high of the last 6 trading days and i bot a lot of 5200 dec call ( hedged with double qty of 5300 call dec short) I also carried 5000 put short and the next months 4700 put shorted day before at 62.

Hopefully, i dont have to worry about the 4700 jan put and 5000 dec put. Both are in good profit and dont plan to square up either unless we break 5017 in this series. Going by the present sentiments, we can end the week at the high of the week and then have a doji in the last week thanks to the holiday mood and lack of participation from big sharks.

5200 calls dec long ( @ 29) and 2 x 5300 calls dec short (@ 8). This pair going to be tricky. If we have a gap up and then i'm going to square up the 5300 calls early and let the 5200 run. if we gap up and but we dont break the high of the first 20 min, then i'll book profits on 5200, hold the 5300 short. If we open flat, then charts have to be my guide. If we gap down, then 5200 will go first and 5300 will be responsible to make sure i dont end with a loss.

Thats all the scenario i can think of. Hopefully, i'll be able to close my trading year tomorrow itself and start the new year celebration early.:clap:

linkon7

Cams dont work on nifty if the range is greater that 100-120. normally such days we end up opening between H3 and H4 and stay there for the whole day.
@ luv_stocks
sorry bro, I was just stating opinion then and then decided to do some number crunching. From 1st June to till date, we had a total of 18 occurrences of a range greater than 150 (excluding yesterday) and 11 times we broke out of the H4 or L4. and the average break out is about 33 points.

tomorrow CAM levels are
H4 : 5,249.75
H3 : 5,203.30
L3 : 5,110.40
L1 : 5,063.96

so it boils down to a 60% chance of breaking out of 5249 to 5280 levels. Big question is, is the figure realistic.

point to note is :
1. we did the third highest turnover yesterday in terms of volume.
2. Nifty futures (dec series) had a volume increase of 116% compared to day before.
3. we had a 3.31% OI addition yesterday and 4.3% OI addition today.
4. Sensex did a 500 pointer and thats a huge sentimental surge for the opening trade tomorrow.
5. We closed higher than the highest high of the last 6 trading days.
6. We are just 30-35 points short of the high of the year and punters and operators would love to end the year at a all time high.
7. PCR stands at 1.4 an addition of 0.24%
8. We opened at the low of the day and closed at the high of the day.

veekay304

We had a range of 168 points today. We opened at the low of the day and closed almost at the high of the day. That,s a massive short squeeze and fresh long additions towards the end. It points to a gap up tomorrow and a definite break of the 5191 high. Of course, global cues can be the party popper and in case they decide to behave, then we can have a continuation of todays dream run.

We did close above the high of the last 6 trading days and i bot a lot of 5200 dec call ( hedged with double qty of 5300 call dec short) I also carried 5000 put short and the next months 4700 put shorted day before at 62.

Hopefully, i dont have to worry about the 4700 jan put and 5000 dec put. Both are in good profit and dont plan to square up either unless we break 5017 in this series. Going by the present sentiments, we can end the week at the high of the week and then have a doji in the last week thanks to the holiday mood and lack of participation from big sharks.

5200 calls dec long ( @ 29) and 2 x 5300 calls dec short (@ 8). This pair going to be tricky. If we have a gap up and then i'm going to square up the 5300 calls early and let the 5200 run. if we gap up and but we dont break the high of the first 20 min, then i'll book profits on 5200, hold the 5300 short. If we open flat, then charts have to be my guide. If we gap down, then 5200 will go first and 5300 will be responsible to make sure i dont end with a loss.

Thats all the scenario i can think of. Hopefully, i'll be able to close my trading year tomorrow itself and start the new year celebration early.:clap:
hats off.. Linkon..:clap::clap:

VK