trading futures on technical analysis with toocool

DSM

TooCool,

I don't know your age, but whatever you say is very profound. Maybe it is by experience or intellect, whatever... but the things that you say resonates with me... that we should not fear the market.... we should be able to take a position as per our analysis.... be able to change the stance as per the requirement of the market.... all hallmarks of a successful trader.

Again don't know how much experience you have, but one thing that I can surely say reading your post, is that you will surely go a long way.

Thanks for posting.... Take care & God bless.

toocool

i am a simple solution guy , my readings are more on price based actions and price based patterns as its the real thing , indicators are just like assistant to the BOSS , when we have to go buy a real estate for example(it suits most walks of life generally) ,we go to the BOSS and not to the assistant because BOSS knows better than the assistant always , we do not like to deal with assistant rather than the BOSS , do we ? same is with the price charts price is the BOSS , all others things are just its assistant and are not as reliable as the BOSS itself.

Bosses do not share with assistant much information generally, what's cooking inside his minds :)

toocool

long half the qty @5972 , because daily trend is still up , there was a 7-8 day consolidation on 60 minute chart and testing that area should be a support now lets wait and watch what happens

cheers

Edit - booked 50% @6013, rest carried home
exited the rest half @5940 , and now short @5953 very minimal qty ,just to be in loop , longs were liquidated at par almost , so nothing gained really .

toocool

TooCool,

I don't know your age, but whatever you say is very profound. Maybe it is by experience or intellect, whatever... but the things that you say resonates with me... that we should not fear the market.... we should be able to take a position as per our analysis.... be able to change the stance as per the requirement of the market.... all hallmarks of a successful trader.

Again don't know how much experience you have, but one thing that I can surely say reading your post, is that you will surely go a long way.

Thanks for posting.... Take care & God bless.
thanks for the kind words sir , means a lot

if what i say makes sense , maybe i am on right path:)

i am not very intellectual and a slow learner :lol: , i first bought stocks when i was 19 , without any experience , did not make money ,due to losses stopped it , it was 1999 , then again when markets started the big bull run i didnt keep a watch , but as you know people talk and talk and bring your attention to it , i started again in 2006 , but due to no knowledge and due to satta couldnt make money again , and started futures trading as well , long story short made some money but lost double of it again in 2008 jan crash , it was a huge setback but i decided that i like markets and i will pursue it as a career , in oct 2008 started learning TA , i am just shy of 5 years of live trading in October 2013 next month.

so i was not very good in math ,not very intellectual ,just had passion for trading ,had only 1 hope to learn by ,that is by hardwork and passion, started learning at age of 28 and now i am 33 , i did not want to try many and many a systems , perhaps i am lazy thats why , and i think it worked for me positively because i neither seek more information and nor i filled up mind with everything crap available on internet , not to say that most systems do not work , but its just that if you are filled with tons and tons of info in your head , it becomes very heavy and confusing that you just loose it , everything. i was in Ashwani Gujral chat room just before started TA , and he bought this BLOOMBERG terminal for 90000 per month price ,thinking more info would help him give us good calls , but he stopped its services in just 2nd month itself i think , you see too much info becomes noise in your head , it lands you no where .

now i self traded during learning live in the markets and made no money in 3.5+ years , but i didnt stop , i thought if i am not talented (like tendulkar) then i will have to do hard work (like kumble, he himself said that he did it with hard work because he was not exactly a talented bowler).................but suddenly in last 6 months , something has changed (i think) i feel i know markets better ,and my 5 years experience probably has started paying off finally mysteriously, my approach has changed , i feel more confident if not at top of the markets but still much better than before , in last 6 months i did not loose money , yes i took some stupid trades , including jpassociates on thursday itself , but thats okay it will always happen , but one must correct mistakes asap, i also took great trades like ITC ,and FSL , which paid/paying well .did good in nifty as well starting july end , it was kind of exceptional trading ,if i compare it to my last 5 years ,not most amazing but amazing enough for me . not to forget that its only hardly 1 year since i stopped intraday trading and turned to swing trading .intraday trading experience helped me as i used to trade almost daily , and since markets are fractal in nature , you can see same patterns in every time frame so it helps you in making tons and tons of mistakes so that you learn with your mistakes and its the number of mistakes that count as your experience , the more you make ,more you learn , mistakes are integral part of trading . one must not be shy of his/her mistakes .

so well yeah , its all 5 years full time trading experience , that i am sharing with forum members in my all posts , its nothing heard of other people , its all mine , all of it:)

cheers

Last edited:

DSM

Thank you toocool for sharing your story. No where I have read in your words that you wanted to make a ton of money. All I have heard is that you have a passion for trading - You are on the right path my friend. Keep your head level on your shoulders as you are doing, and keep up the good work. The market will reward you much sooner and much beyond you think.

Good luck & Cheers. :)

thanks for the kind words sir , means a lot

if what i say makes sense , maybe i am on right path:)

i am not very intellectual and a slow learner :lol: , i first bought stocks when i was 19 , without any experience , did not make money ,due to losses stopped it , it was 1999 , then again when markets started the big bull run i didnt keep a watch , but as you know people talk and talk and bring your attention to it , i started again in 2006 , but due to no knowledge and due to satta couldnt make money again , and started futures trading as well , long story short made some money but lost double of it again in 2008 jan crash , it was a huge setback but i decided that i like markets and i will pursue it as a career , in oct 2008 started learning TA , i am just shy of 5 years of live trading in October 2013 next month.

so i was not very good in math ,not very intellectual ,just had passion for trading ,had only 1 hope to learn by ,that is by hardwork and passion, started learning at age of 28 and now i am 33 , i did not want to try many and many a systems , perhaps i am lazy thats why , and i think it worked for me positively because i neither seek more information and nor i filled up mind with everything crap available on internet , not to say that most systems do not work , but its just that if you are filled with tons and tons of info in your head , it becomes very heavy and confusing that you just loose it , everything. i was in Ashwani Gujral chat room just before started TA , and he bought this BLOOMBERG terminal for 90000 per month price ,thinking more info would help him give us good calls , but he stopped its services in just 2nd month itself i think , you see too much info becomes noise in your head , it lands you no where .

now i self traded during learning live in the markets and made no money in 3.5+ years , but i didnt stop , i thought if i am not talented (like tendulkar) then i will have to do hard work (like kumble, he himself said that he did it with hard work because he was not exactly a talented bowler).................but suddenly in last 6 months , something has changed (i think) i feel i know markets better ,and my 5 years experience probably has started paying off finally mysteriously, my approach has changed , i feel more confident if not at top of the markets but still much better than before , in last 6 months i did not loose money , yes i took some stupid trades , including jpassociates on thursday itself , but thats okay it will always happen , but one must correct mistakes asap, i also took great trades like ITC ,and FSL , which paid/paying well .did good in nifty as well starting july end , it was kind of exceptional trading ,if i compare it to my last 5 years ,not most amazing but amazing enough for me . not to forget that its only hardly 1 year since i stopped intraday trading and turned to swing trading .intraday trading experience helped me as i used to trade almost daily , and since markets are fractal in nature , you can see same patterns in every time frame so it helps you in making tons and tons of mistakes so that you learn with your mistakes and its the number of mistakes that count as your experience , the more you make ,more you learn , mistakes are integral part of trading . one must not be shy of his/her mistakes .

so well yeah , its all 5 years full time trading experience , that i am sharing with forum members in my all posts , its nothing heard of other people , its all mine , all of it:)

cheers

saakk

@ TOOCOOL,

Brother can you explain about "FRACTAL" in market or any link??, i went through the vid thought couldn't make out every thing but understood the "SELF-SIMILARITY" thing in some other vid.

Trade well.....
thankx

toocool

@ TOOCOOL,

Brother can you explain about "FRACTAL" in market or any link??, i went through the vid thought couldn't make out every thing but understood the "SELF-SIMILARITY" thing in some other vid.

Trade well.....
thankx
i do not really trade on fractal system or anything , you can find Bill Williams books on fractals , his alligator system is based on it , also watch this video , he has described it here too , same thing you will get in book also but with more illustration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTq12QoaMA

FREE your MIND -- Everything is out of IMAGINATION-- CONTEXT IS THE KING-- ATTEMPTS by BULLS AND BEARS-- TL'S AND CHANNELS-- HH-HL/LH,LL-- SIT AND OBSERVE, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN TIME COMES-- MARKET IS A CONTINUOUS PROCESS OF BO-BP-BP-FAILURE-- First u have to BELIEVE, Then u have to WORK on that BELIEF.
cool , pretty cool

saakk

[COLOR="Red" said:
toocool[/COLOR];867945]

cool , pretty cool
But not as COOL as your name i suppose :lol:

Last edited:

toocool

Hope I am not repeating

Are we in a hurry? : A Zen Story
Matajura wanted to become a great swordsman, but his father said he wasn't quick enough and could never learn. So Matajura went to the famous dueller Banzo, and asked to become his pupil.

"How long will it take me to become a master?" he asked. "Suppose I became your servant, to be with you every minute; how long?"

"Ten years," said Banzo.

"My father is getting old. Before ten years have passed I will have to return home to take care of him. Suppose I work twice as hard; how long will it take me?"

"Thirty years," said Banzo.

"How is that?" asked Matajura. "First you say ten years. Then when I offer to work twice as hard, you say it will take three times as long. Let me make myself clear: I will work unceasingly: no hardship will be too much. How long will it take?"

"Seventy years" said Banzo. "A pupil in such a hurry learns slowly."

Matajura understood. Without asking for any promises in terms of time, he became Banzo's servant. He cleaned, he cooked, he washed, he gardened. He was ordered never to speak of fencing or to touch a sword. He was very sad at this; but he had given his promise to the master, and resolved to keep his word. Three years passed for Matajura as a servant.

One day while he was gardening, Banzo came up quietly behind him and gave him a terrible whack with a wooden sword. The next day in the kitchen the same blow fell again. Thereafter, day in, day out, from every corner and at any moment, he was attacked by Banzo's wooden sword. He learned to live on the balls of his feet, ready to dodge at any movement. He became a body with no desires, no thoughts - only eternal readiness and quickness.

Banzo smiled, and started lessons. Soon Matajura was the greatest swordsman in Japan.