Timing The Markets

adityasaraf007

Gold 60min:

Did see it forming in the morning... but it hadn't created a proper Swing High/Low by then.... so didn't post it.... Just watched the charts now and it has achieved the targets as well... not in terms of time tough... but still good enough.... I have done some cheating as well, it has a support around 1642 in the form of bottom of the Daily cloud as per Ichi.... So, price should move up from now, in the short term atleast..... :)

PS: From now onwards.... equilibrium would be drawn as a dotted line and projection as a solid line..... :)

Gold 60min:

Did see it forming in the morning... but it hadn't created a proper Swing High/Low by then.... so didn't post it.... Just watched the charts now and it has achieved the targets as well... not in terms of time tough... but still good enough.... I have done some cheating as well, it has a support around 1642 in the form of bottom of the Daily cloud as per Ichi.... So, price should move up from now, in the short term atleast..... :)

PS: From now onwards.... equilibrium would be drawn as a dotted line and projection as a solid line..... :)
1642 is a strong support.. Yes for short term with a target of 1695. If there is a small rally and hit belows 1642.. I will be out.

1724 decides the future course of the move

Regards
Raj

adityasaraf007

RECLTD - 60min:

Obviously, we don't know, if we have got a Swing Low.... But looks as if we have.... If Nifty has to move up from here, so would REC and vice-versa....

I hope you guys are enjoying some break from a flurry of charts..... I am having my examinations and so keep enjoying this break till it lasts.... I am gonna come back and come back strong.... ;)

Strategies like Wolfe Wave lay emphasis on volume upsurge at the pivots. Maybe something similar could be applied to these "Timing the markets" swings. That may help in filtering out the pivots/swings which can not be used for timing.

Sorry for not being very clear, but I haven't applied my mind to this strategy so far. Just reading it and thinking aloud.

adityasaraf007

Strategies like Wolfe Wave lay emphasis on volume upsurge at the pivots. Maybe something similar could be applied to these "Timing the markets" swings. That may help in filtering out the pivots/swings which can not be used for timing.

Sorry for not being very clear, but I haven't applied my mind to this strategy so far. Just reading it and thinking aloud.
As far as WW are concerned... I have lost faith in volumes part.... I still have faith in WW... but don't look for volumes anymore.... The very recent 1100pt move that happened in Nifty.... It was a perfect WW... and even the targets were achieved perfectly... all without volume confirmation..... So, if it can pull off a massive move of 24%-25%..... why would I be looking for Volume confirmation anymore.... :)

As far as TTM is concerned.... SG Sir has not discussed the concepts.... who knows, maybe he already has some tricks under his sleeves.... :D

tomjerry

LT - 2min:

Took this trade on Friday.... Yes, symmetry around equilibrium was not very good but circumstances were supporting for its success.... ;)
Aditya, which method is used in your chart by drawing two yellow lines? Any short description on how it works?

I use following method to trade the same chart to short sell again at round yellow circle because it will not cross that yellow horizontal line(last big red candle's high) as shown in following picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

adityasaraf007

Aditya, which method is used in your chart by drawing two yellow lines? Any short description on how it works?

I use following method to trade the same chart to short sell again at round yellow circle because it will not cross that yellow horizontal line(last big red candle's high) as shown in following picture:
[/URL]
Hi, T&J....
This Chart is actually not a very good example for this concept called "Timing The Markets (TTM)".... Please look at Post No. 52 for description on how these lines are drawn and look at various other charts, where I have mentioned that symmetry is good.... Needless to say, also look for SG Sir's charts posted at the beginning of the thread..... :)

The Yellow Dotted Line is equilibrium line.... we look for symmetry around this line.... and the Yellow Solid Line is the projection line.... projection for both the expected price and the expected time.... :)