The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabhjeet

Sensex well on track for 30,000 by Jun 08. Mark my words.

Amogh.

P.S.: Half expecting some smart ass below mine to comment how arrogant my statement is. Only time will tell.
Right Amogh i have to agree with you, i have been trying to define a top for market since last 3 weeks but to no avail, i think markets are in a real hurry to go up and those who dont trust it will be left kicking themselves everyday.
I think levels like 20,000 30,000 are of not any importance to big players who are buying rt. now, we may even go past 30,000

I have made change in my trading strategy now, not looking to sell overbought stocks , just following them with stoplosses

Prabhjeet

Those who track the weekly charts of Nifty might have noticed the 'three marching soldiers' pattern in candle stick charts which is supposed to be quiet bullish

pkjha30

But Czar was right wasn't he.
Hi amit

he was right to the extent of cautioning members of the imminent fall but he was not right in telling that long term bullish trend is over. But then people have right to their opinion. And as AmoghG says only time will tell.

I personally feel that as long as economy is growing at 8-9 % rate and development is equitable, markets will go up, though not in a straight line.
Depth is lacking in Stock market and it is still dictated by FIIs fund flows. So one needs to be cautious. The target of 30000 is not unachievable, timeframe I can not tell.

But at this juncture one should think if stocks are overvalued or could they enter at little lower price when market corrects. The problem is when market corrects we become so fearful that we ten to book losses. I am telling one only to book profit and wait for reentry.A market which covers 2000 points in 7 days is prone to either correct or consolidate. But wiser members are here to guide traders and investors. :)

pankaj :)

C

Czar

hi guys missing me i guess on this thread... dada is right but Later in December (as amit is aware) I told him it'll take atleast 18/20k sensex to end this bull run... well not that i benefited much, due to short term plays, but was a fact which i would stick to...

pkjha30

hi guys missing me i guess on this thread... dada is right but Later in December (as amit is aware) I told him it'll take atleast 18/20k sensex to end this bull run... well not that i benefited much, due to short term plays, but was a fact which i would stick to...
lol czar.
really missing :D

the beauty of this bull run is that at every corrections small investors have exited.

Last time in May when a similar run occurred the possibility of correction was discounted and now small investors have become a little wiser.

So FII are little stuck as to how to create euphoria. They know the only way. Put in more money. Their buy and sell activities are at heightened state.Sooner they would like to recover their losses in sub-prime crisis which is still hurting them.

So if one's Stop Profit Price Target has reached one could rethink on need to stay invested. May be they could enter later. As we have seen that when corrections sets in one may not get the opportunity to use Stop Loss price targets.

pankaj :)

C

Czar

nope dada dont agree investors dont become wiser generally, but they will be trained to buy at every fall, they have seen the trailer of the run up & now they want chance to get in, so every dip they are being trained to buy at every dip, by the markets, the media & peer pressure, when the ops find good buying coming in at a fall will be the break point, that's just my theory... retail is usually not allowed to earn in the run but only entry is given in the fag end...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21