The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

From the lows of June 14 (after the crash of May 2006) the market has come a long way. Till now I could not find any of the foreign and desi frogs croacking. They were amazingly silent. Now only we have started to hear some of the noises from FROGS and also singing praise of midcaps and smlcaps stocks.This is a clear sign of home run to the target of 15000 from now on that sensex has crossed 13200 i.e. 20% upside.

Till now retails investors have not much participated in the run from 9000 to 13000. Therefore it appears plausible that all effort would be made to attract reatil investors. Therefore, I think it would be advisable to exercise utmost caution in investment. This is mostly for short term investors and not for long term investment who would have invested in stocks of their choice much earlier. Even now for long term investment would not be a problem provided they invest in fundamentally sound companies but to always keep in mind to protect their profit.

Whether market runs up beyond 15000 or not will not be the question , but whether there will be talk of economy overheating and consequent overvaluation of market and then the plung to say abt 20% . That will take us back to somewhere around current level. With this scenario in mind only investment decisions should be made.

Investment in frontline companies are better then midcaps or smlcps which would be stirring to do something which they otherwise could not do in current economic development. And once retail investors have been done with these companies will again go back to sleep.

Therefore, for short term I think ride with the market trend but follow the discipline. Once target is reached or say 80% reached, get out. Don't get lured by more upside. There will always be some upside left and there will always be other stocks to invest safely.

One thing which I was always convinced abt is that Indian growth story is still unfolding and will continue to do so for next 10 years ro so. We have so much distance to cover yet.Therefore market will have to reflect this and it may be in real long term secular uptrend and primary trend appears to have resumed.

pankaj:)
Hi dada,
Thanks for ur words. I always looking for ur mail. Thanks for helping all the forum member specially on time. i expect more mail from u time to time. Let this thread be never close.

Ahmed

Hi

From the lows of June 14 (after the crash of May 2006) the market has come a long way. Till now I could not find any of the foreign and desi frogs croacking. They were amazingly silent. Now only we have started to hear some of the noises from FROGS and also singing praise of midcaps and smlcaps stocks.This is a clear sign of home run to the target of 15000 from now on that sensex has crossed 13200 i.e. 20% upside.

Till now retails investors have not much participated in the run from 9000 to 13000. Therefore it appears plausible that all effort would be made to attract reatil investors. Therefore, I think it would be advisable to exercise utmost caution in investment. This is mostly for short term investors and not for long term investment who would have invested in stocks of their choice much earlier. Even now for long term investment would not be a problem provided they invest in fundamentally sound companies but to always keep in mind to protect their profit.

Whether market runs up beyond 15000 or not will not be the question , but whether there will be talk of economy overheating and consequent overvaluation of market and then the plung to say abt 20% . That will take us back to somewhere around current level. With this scenario in mind only investment decisions should be made.

Investment in frontline companies are better then midcaps or smlcps which would be stirring to do something which they otherwise could not do in current economic development. And once retail investors have been done with these companies will again go back to sleep.

Therefore, for short term I think ride with the market trend but follow the discipline. Once target is reached or say 80% reached, get out. Don't get lured by more upside. There will always be some upside left and there will always be other stocks to invest safely.

One thing which I was always convinced abt is that Indian growth story is still unfolding and will continue to do so for next 10 years ro so. We have so much distance to cover yet.Therefore market will have to reflect this and it may be in real long term secular uptrend and primary trend appears to have resumed.

pankaj:)
Hi Pankaj,

Looking to a write-up from you at this point of time.Excellent article above.

Thanks!

Avinash

pkjha30

Hi

From the turbulent days of May 2006 to Heady days of October 2007, Sensex and Nifty has covered a long way. Who would have thought that sensex would be more than double in one year and three months time.

Today on seeing sensex cross and settle at 19058 I had one thought in my mind.

Lambs are invited to the Party. FIIs need them for their Christmas celebrations.

May be we see sensex crossing 25000 sometime in Decb 2007 as predicted by CLSA or do we ?

pankaj :)

How Fii Became So Active IN This Month Only?. Is This Really A Fii Money Or Any Other Factor Driving The Market? Whether The Concern Authorities Are Taking Due Care For This Type Of Flow.?whether This Will Have Long Term Effect On Our Economy?

I Do Agree That Indian Companies Are Showing Good Growth Rate.but How One Can Believe That The Valuations Of The Companies Are Changing Day-to -day Basis With Such A Rate. I Am Rather Confused Can Anybody Guide Me In This Aspect.?

pkjha30

Sensex well on track for 30,000 by Jun 08. Mark my words.

Amogh.

P.S.: Half expecting some smart ass below mine to comment how arrogant my statement is. Only time will tell.
Well you have effectively closed any argument.

Reminds me , how members attacked czar a.k.a. baron when he predicted fall and name baron was banned, only to be allowed subsequently.
pankaj :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21